Yankee Candle TSV 17/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any ideas on price? I don't usually "do" tea lights and votives, but there's some fragrances I love in thre and I really like the sound of the others. I'm a big fan of fresh summery fragrances.

Why do all companies insist on selling us a ****** bag? Do we need it? No. Do we even want it? No. I have given a lot of Decleor bags to the charity shop as how many do you need? They don't even sell for 99p on ebay either so clearly NO ONE wants them. Do we store our candles in a bag? I've got mine in one of those little plastic drawer sets which is tidy and out of the way.

I quite like this bag but agree we get too many. If they really, really are effectively free (as I perceive Leighton Denny's to be because the other items still work out less than half price), it's not so bad. I would probably use this Yankee bag to store a few candles but it looks a bit small so won't hold much.

Any ideas on price? I don't usually "do" tea lights and votives, but there's some fragrances I love in thre and I really like the sound of the others. I'm a big fan of fresh summery fragrances.

I would think it wll be around £30 + postage, ideally it should be under £30 considering the 53 piece collections are around the £34 mark and thats not at a tsv price.

Well it didnt take long for the details of this Tsv to be copied onto Q Fb. :mysmilie_59:

I see YC official prices have gone up this month. Large jars are now £21.99. 10% increase! :sad:

Yankee Candle prices go up ... must stay resolved to not add to my oversupply

I was about to break my self-induced morartorium on YC purchases of any kind when I decided to buy a supply of Hazelnut Coffee and a few Lavenders. Then I saw that the prices have gone up. The other day they were still the 'old' RP but as I was having PC problems the order wouldn't go through. So a couple days later it would cost me an additional £12 so I stopped and will mull this over again ... maybe my sanity will win out. Cannot see why YC is raising prices as scented wax is a luxury and one that I am working to permantly put the brakes on with my purchases.

It burns me :mysmilie_51: that a fragrance my husband has been waiting to become available again (Hazelnut Coffee) and for me Lavender Vanilla and the prices overall go up while for me the quality of the fragrance throw has gone down in the last 18 months- 2 years with the new stuff. Maybe these oldie fragrances are newly made and could be weaker if YC is playing with the formulas as many on here feel the case is.

It's now a waiting game and I will search ebay and amazon to see if there is a bargain to be found. But I must stay firm and use up most of my supply before considering more purchases.

Looking forward to this TSV. :)

I have not bought anything by Yankee Candle for a while (already have quite a bit) but feel the temptation again. Could I please ask which is the best website (price (of course!), p&p and delivery wise) to buy some Yankee Candles from in the meantime please?

Very great fun for opinions - thanks :)

I think that they all have about the same delivery P&P but you can order a lot for the £3.95 or £4.95 they charge. Try looking on ebay, doing a search for whichever fragrance you are looking for and see what is on offer. Some will do free shipping. These days most of the YC retailers on line seem to me to carry the retail price unless they do a few offers from time to time.

I have used yankeecandle.co.uk a few times, mainly during sales. They have a few with 30% off at the moment but not a lot of choice of fragrance (see Salescenter tab on website). Standard delivery is £3.95, or free for orders over £50. I found they were very quick to deliver - I think they use DPD.

I have also bought from Amazon and been happy. There are lots of sellers on there though, as on eBay, so you just have to browse or search within price ranges to find the best deals. Some are free P&P but I think the majority charge a quid or two.

I buy my tarts of a seller on ebay, just this morning bought 24 for £25.95 free postage. Over 60 fragrances to choose from.

I won't be buying. I think the scents are really weak nowadays and l am certain that they are using a different formula or not as much oil. The large jars smell of nothing so l don't expect the tealights and votives will! The last large jar l bought was 'Beach Holiday' and l can't smell it at all. This week l got out my large 'Black Coconut' from last year and it was wonderful and really scented the whole house. I have tweeted Steven from Yankee about the new jars being weak but he hasn't replied. The problem is Yankee will always have their fans who buy no matter what for their collections. Some of the photos on Twitter are amazing, people have cabinets full of them! They buy two lots, one to burn and one to keep in their collection. Yankee won't be bothered as long as they are making money and with their 'fans' buying like this they will certainly be doing that!

I agree whitesnake, they also have the perfect sales ploy by retiring fragrances every quarter and introducing new ones, so people stock up on retiring fragrances and buy new ones to try them out. It's a great business plan really.

I won't be buying. I think the scents are really weak nowadays and l am certain that they are using a different formula or not as much oil. The large jars smell of nothing so l don't expect the tealights and votives will! The last large jar l bought was 'Beach Holiday' and l can't smell it at all. This week l got out my large 'Black Coconut' from last year and it was wonderful and really scented the whole house. I have tweeted Steven from Yankee about the new jars being weak but he hasn't replied. The problem is Yankee will always have their fans who buy no matter what for their collections. Some of the photos on Twitter are amazing, people have cabinets full of them! They buy two lots, one to burn and one to keep in their collection. Yankee won't be bothered as long as they are making money and with their 'fans' buying like this they will certainly be doing that!

Well put, I won't be buying the tsv and will only be buying a few melts from now on and if they are weak I shall stop buying the brand altogether, every large jar candle I have purchased this year has had a really poor and weak throw,bought the bazaar ones (although I said I wouldn't ) and also the country heather,wild pansies etc set, I can barely smell them and yet I get a much better scent from a melt in an electric or normal burner, I used a shade and trim the wick on the large jars so not sure what I am doing wrong, I can only deduce that the scents are poor to start with, it is a shame as I used to be a big Yankee fan but have gone right off them lately, I feel tempted to ring on tsv day and ask why they are so weak

Latest posts

Back