Yankee Candle Set of 3 Summertime Large Jars Feature Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you tried Olive & Thyme yet, boffy (or anyone)? I was smelling some new ones but the shop I visited didn't have that. Riviera Escape is identical to another Yankee but I can't remember which. I think my favourite was Sea Salt & Sage.

i have olive and thyme in a sampler its very very nice. tried the new vanilla its ok but not special..willsee what sea salt and sage is next

i have olive and thyme in a sampler its very very nice. tried the new vanilla its ok but not special..willsee what sea salt and sage is next

For me the new vanilla is the only vanilla I've smelled that doesn't make me feel sick. Most are nauseatingly sweet to me, rather than vanilla-scented. I still probably wouldn't buy it as I class it as a foodie scent and I'm not big on those.

I haven't seen the Vanilla anywhere - the vanilla scent has been so overdone in candles the past several years, I am not expecting much, but I'm looking forward to trying this new one.

I haven't seen the Vanilla anywhere - the vanilla scent has been so overdone in candles the past several years, I am not expecting much, but I'm looking forward to trying this new one.

If you have a large pukka YC retailer anywhere near you they should get it as it's one of the pure essences collection, I think, along with Verbena and White Tea.

Riviera Escape collection - I've not yet had a chance to smell (trip back to Brent Cross on the cards :mysmilie_47:) - Sea salt and Sage, Olive and Thyme, Riviera Escape and Summer Peach sound like the most tempting new collection I've heard about for ages. I like the sound of all of them... oh dear!

I don't have any pukka YC near me nor, sadly, these fabulous bargain shops which sell jars for £6!!!!! SW London is sadly lacking I'm afraid. I can't wait for the Riviera ones to come on Q at a good price.

The Vanilla candle is very nice IMHO, after just cold-sniffing it. I liked French Vanilla and Vanilla Lime as well. The vanilla ones I cannot stand are where it smells like some kind of butter icing, is it Christmas cupcake? Yuk! YC do like to make vanilla very cakey which is what spoils it for me. But the food group is my least favourite except for cinnamon, nutmeg etc.. Sometimes I just burn them with another candle to tone them down a bit.

If you have a large pukka YC retailer anywhere near you they should get it as it's one of the pure essences collection, I think, along with Verbena and White Tea.

Riviera Escape collection - I've not yet had a chance to smell (trip back to Brent Cross on the cards :mysmilie_47:) - Sea salt and Sage, Olive and Thyme, Riviera Escape and Summer Peach sound like the most tempting new collection I've heard about for ages. I like the sound of all of them... oh dear!

Yes, a trip to Brent Cross is on the cards for me, too. I need to have a good old sniff! A local department store has three of the Riviera collection but not the Olive & Thyme for some reason. I'm not wild about the Riviera one as it's too similar to others and I have to warn about Summer Peach - it's not at all like a slightly tangy fresh peach, which I would like, more like a very sweet peach floral - quite artificial IMO and sickly, sickly. Hope I'm not putting you off too much. Remember, we all have different tastes so give them a go.

I like the White Tea and the Verbena but they are quite weak. I've burnt Verbena and it was vey, very subtle. I don't mind that sometimes though. Must try the Vanilla. Brent X here I come!

I don't have any pukka YC near me nor, sadly, these fabulous bargain shops which sell jars for £6!!!!! SW London is sadly lacking I'm afraid.

I have never seen a large jar under about a tenner in a shop or online while there is still stock remaining. Booooo! I'm pleased for those that find them though ... if slightly jealous.

I don't have any pukka YC near me nor, sadly, these fabulous bargain shops which sell jars for £6!!!!! SW London is sadly lacking I'm afraid. I can't wait for the Riviera ones to come on Q at a good price.

The Vanilla candle is very nice IMHO, after just cold-sniffing it. I liked French Vanilla and Vanilla Lime as well. The vanilla ones I cannot stand are where it smells like some kind of butter icing, is it Christmas cupcake? Yuk! YC do like to make vanilla very cakey which is what spoils it for me. But the food group is my least favourite except for cinnamon, nutmeg etc.. Sometimes I just burn them with another candle to tone them down a bit.

burning the sea salt and sage no scent at all. very disappointing

Oh no! I was looking forward to that one! Mind you, people reckon Black Cherry is a lovely strong smell and I can barely smell it! We must all have different sensitivities in our follicles. :mysmilie_19:

Oh no! I was looking forward to that one! Mind you, people reckon Black Cherry is a lovely strong smell and I can barely smell it! We must all have different sensitivities in our follicles. :mysmilie_19:

Oh no from me, too! SS&S smells so good in the jar (to me). What form are you burning it in, boffy - jar?

hopefully they are not fakes a lot of them going around

I noticed the Yankee medium and large jars in my local Clinton's now have big, grey plastic security tag things inside (on top of the wax) to help prevent theft. What's the world coming to?!

Same here - but that's a good tip to tone them down with another candle - which group would you go for for that? My favourites tend to be the fresh family... just not sure which would be a good mix with food ones.

I think the best of the vanillas they have previously had was vanilla satin - that wasn't foodie. French vanilla is disgustingly sweet for me, sadly, and they do far too many cakey, buttercreamy vanillas. Vanilla comes from an orchid, so it should be possible to make it more floral rather than heading for sugar and flour...

I use my vanilla lime wax tarts in my undies drawer :mysmilie_59:

But my biggest bugbear, even bigger than their horrible vanillas, is YC's horrible lavenders - most of them smell like 1970s airfresheners to me... I know we're all different so I'm sure it smells authentic to some.

Love black cherry - surprisingly. I don't get on with many of the fruity ones... but that and the melon ones I do like.

Yes, a trip to Brent Cross is on the cards for me, too. I need to have a good old sniff! A local department store has three of the Riviera collection but not the Olive & Thyme for some reason. I'm not wild about the Riviera one as it's too similar to others and I have to warn about Summer Peach - it's not at all like a slightly tangy fresh peach, which I would like, more like a very sweet peach floral - quite artificial IMO and sickly, sickly. Hope I'm not putting you off too much. Remember, we all have different tastes so give them a go.

I like the White Tea and the Verbena but they are quite weak. I've burnt Verbena and it was vey, very subtle. I don't mind that sometimes though. Must try the Vanilla. Brent X here I come!

What a shame about the peach - difficult one to get right. Could be it's the curse of the 1970's air freshener again :sad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back