Yankee Candle 'OTO' price?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
My mum has emailed QVC about this as she ordered the Clean Cotton scent earlier in the day at the normal price (it then sold out) for a birthday present for my sis, then during the 10pm hour the 2 other scents were reduced by £5 for the OTO.

Why would they do that? It is completely unfair to everyone who has ordered them earlier in the day and payed full price for them.

I thought when they did a OTO that they choose an item that had not been on that day, therefore it was a fair deal for everyone who was going to purchase them.

We will have to wait and see what they say.

Are you sure it was the same item number as the OTO as they showed all 3 options at 10pm last night. As you say they don't normally air something earlier in the day and then put it on again later as a OTO.

Last edited:
Yes it was the same, they even mentioned that the clean cotton option had sold out earlier in the day.

I was watching the show with mum and they showed all 3 fragrance options as mum was toying with the idea of buying. The clean cotton went limited and sold out in the 10pm show.

A similar thing happened to me with an Ojon product either last year or the year before. I bought it in the morning and then it was aired as an OTO in an early evening show. I telephoned CS and politely complained and they agreed to reduce the price I'd paid accordingly.

Hope your Mum has the same result Yazrose.

I was watching the show with mum and they showed all 3 fragrance options as mum was toying with the idea of buying. The clean cotton went limited and sold out in the 10pm show.

How weird, I was watching with my mum too, it was defo the same item as we checked several times during the airing of the OTO, they even said that the clean cotton one had sold out earlier in the day.

My mum has had a response:

Hello ******,

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

Please accept my apologies. I have issued a refund for the amount of £5.34
to you today.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

Jean.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

My mum has had a response:

Hello ******,

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

Please accept my apologies. I have issued a refund for the amount of £5.34
to you today.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

Jean.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

Result!! :D :D

Thanks juzzab.

I know its not much, but it was the darn principal lol and it really hacked us off that they did it. I wonder how many people either just left it as it was or never saw the 10pm show so had no idea that they could have had it cheaper.

Good for Mum Yaz. The amount my Ojon was reduced by was less than £5.34 but, like you say, it was the principal and any saving goes towards the P&P costs.

Well done Mum and well done QVC for doing the right thing. :35:

Latest posts

Back