1x red apple wreath
1x candycane lane
1x balsam & ceder
1x christmas cookie
1x mistletoe
1x chrismas eve
1x sparkling snow
1x sparkling cinnamon

That'll be a no from me - I can only see 2 scents I like across all the deliveries. I don't like the foodie scents, or the clean cotton/fluffy towel/soft blanket trio (too much like washing powder which I also dislike), or the christmas scents. Unfortunately I think the melt cups available at present will be those which have been popular in the US, and they are much more into their foodie-type fragrances than we are. I would want garden/sea/floral scents to be interested...

Last edited:
Yankee Scenterpiece

Nice to see this being launched on Q today, I often look at them when in the States but of course it's always the wrong plug
I just wish they had done a plainer eg white one

SG has just rolled out another old chestnut. Regarding the 72 piece T light set, she has recommended it, as a "present for the teaxher". At £40.95, including delivery, the recipient would have to be a close family member, and not someone already being well paid to do a job.

the postage price for these tiny cups is an eyewatering £5.95 per drop. i was not impressed that they only "burn" for 24 hours each. basically they are over priced tarts

the postage price for these tiny cups is an eyewatering £5.95 per drop. i was not impressed that they only "burn" for 24 hours each. basically they are over priced tarts

I heard Stephen say that too on last nights show, that they only fragrance for 24 hrs. Stuff that at a fiver a pop! You could buy 3 tarts for that, 4 if you are lucky. I really don't get the difference between these and the standard electric tart warmers. Cause if you don't want liquid wax in the tart burner (if it doesn't have a removable dish) just pop the tart into a little container on the top, and save yourself near on £45. He also said that the wax wasn't too hot, so the pots were easy to change quickly. Lower wattage units don't give very good throws in my years of wax experience, so again, I'd be cross if I'd just spent a fiver on one of the pots.

I have got so many electric tart warmers (and can I just say I blame Autumn for leading me down this path with the link to Rhys Candles!!!!) that I cannot entertain this scentrepiece malarkey. I only get the electric warmers with removable tops any way.

I agree £5.95 is huge p&p for 8 of the cups. How much weight or volume in that? I thought the Chloe itself was quite a substantial warmer though.

£5+ for 24 hrs scent? And another gadget? Plus that postage?
No thanks.

I've got a lovely little electronic wax melt thingy. Intend to be using that for years.
(I switched from the candles because of the hassle and the way they didn't burn clean enough, no matter how I trimmed, tweaked and faffed.)

Well, I very rarely defend Q on here, but I don't see the problem with the 'burn' time.
I have a tart warmer (candle type), and I get about 6 hours fragrance out of a tart. Usually lasts me 4 days (90 minutes per day).
Using that calculation, one of these new fangled things would last me 16 days, so cost wise, I don't see much difference TBH.
I do agree that £6.00 postage is taking the pi$$ though.

Well, I very rarely defend Q on here, but I don't see the problem with the 'burn' time.
I have a tart warmer (candle type), and I get about 6 hours fragrance out of a tart. Usually lasts me 4 days (90 minutes per day).
Using that calculation, one of these new fangled things would last me 16 days, so cost wise, I don't see much difference TBH.

but the tarts can cost as little as £1 and some of the stronger ones burn for several days. its the cost of the unit and the postage cost of the cups thats very high.

All my wax melts come from eBay (approx £1 ea). Very economical prices, usually no p&p.

And I break them into pieces because a whole tart is often too strong a scent. I figure a quarter tart will last me 3 scent bursts. That's up to 12 uses for £1.

I do have a small living room, so don't need a big 'throw'. But that might make one of these new things too powerful...

I'd like to try one, but I'm not buying the whole kit just to check them out.

Edited for excess Full Stoppage.

I hope one of these new cups will last you 16 days MrMarple, I seriously do, but I cannot see that happening at all, sorry :sad::sad:. As each time you switch the burner on, the whole cup will melt and even if you do decide to only melt it for 90 mins at a time, you will still be warming the entire wax and oil every go, and even the bestest of wax won't throw 2 weeks later when its been used and reused and reused. I only saw one presentation of the scenterpiece and I admit, not very much of that either, but I don't think Stephen indicated that you could break them up to part use/keep, like you can with std tarts, and for them to melt down so quickly I imagine they must be a soy blend.

Personally for me, considering the fragrances are the same old YC fragrances, I think £4.99 each is a dear go for just 24 hrs use

I use my tarts six times!!!! Yes the throw is far stronger on nights 1 and 2 but there is still something, even if only the bottom notes, for all that time. So mine last about 24 hours anyway. However, they are supposed to last 6-8 hours so would the £4.99 be that bad a buy compared to buying 3-4 normal tarts if you only used them for the recommended time? The new ones are what, £1.50 each? I thought the fragrances of the cups (that I saw very briefly) were a bit old hat though. I buy matching tarts whenever I buy a new candle so would want the latest rather than classics. Not that I am getting this system.

yes I thought the fragrances were a let down too. If the last AD option is Christmas scents you think they would be giving you this seasons Christmas ones, not the age old festive ones, especially when they are meant to retail at a fiver a go.

I hope one of these new cups will last you 16 days MrMarple, I seriously do, but I cannot see that happening at all, sorry :sad::sad:. As each time you switch the burner on, the whole cup will melt and even if you do decide to only melt it for 90 mins at a time, you will still be warming the entire wax and oil every go, and even the bestest of wax won't throw 2 weeks later when its been used and reused and reused. I only saw one presentation of the scenterpiece and I admit, not very much of that either, but I don't think Stephen indicated that you could break them up to part use/keep, like you can with std tarts, and for them to melt down so quickly I imagine they must be a soy blend.

Personally for me, considering the fragrances are the same old YC fragrances, I think £4.99 each is a dear go for just 24 hrs use

Thanks TT, but I haven't bought it. I've no intention of doing so either!! Ha Ha
The only reason I posted was because a couple of people thought a fiver per cup was expensive, whereas I didn't think it was too bad.
I like my tart warmer on my hearth, but there isn't a plug near it, so an electric version would be no good to me really.

Latest posts

Back