Yaktrak grips for heels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_698:

2-3 times daily the multiple pairs hubby has had since last winter pass Ben's labrador test.
With the miles of walking the plastic does wear over time, so stock up.

:mysmilie_12:

Attachments

• Picture 421.jpg
    Picture 421.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 161
My mother got some, but said that she does not have the necessary dexterity to put them on, so I guess that they are going back.

He's a handsome fella Bags.

:mysmilie_687:

Yes he is though should be as he's from very good stock not far from you STYRRUP in between Doncaster and Worksop.

Attachments

• Picture 424.jpg
    Picture 424.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 154
Pol is it the yaktraks that your mother got? I am desperate for a pair for my aunt, who slipped on the ice the other day.

My mother got some, but said that she does not have the necessary dexterity to put them on, so I guess that they are going back.

Ask that she get someone to pop them on a pair of footwear they can stay on for the meantime.

I keep lending mine to people who have to venture out from the office. The pavements in town are lethal at the moment. I wouldn't be without them now. I split my pack of 2 with a friend and inc p&p it worked out just over £10 each. I'm hoping they will last a while.

Help please, could someone let me know the item number for these. I have been searching for ages and cannot find them on QVC's website. Thanks everyone.B.

yaktrak grips broke after less than 2 weeks!

:mysmilie_348:Hi, first post so hello to all!

A couple of years ago I bought the first version of ice grips sold by QVC the ones with the studs underneath similar to the Amazon ones recommended by the other poster and to my mind they are better, and still in use after a couple of winters, than the current yaktrak grips I ordered just after Christmas one pair of which has just broken after less than 2 weeks. I had given one set to my mum who last year broke her wrist and was scared to venture out in case of another fall so she was really pleased and said how brilliant they were until today when she rang and said one of the plastic pieces had snapped off. I am going to have to return them now and was hoping they would be a bit more robust as I know my mum is not that agile and will not have gone out unless she had to,

i have the old ones from qvc bought about 4 years ago.
i am petrified of snow and ice but these have been a godsend.
i will say though that today i felt a bit of a slip so still walk with caution.
good luck to you all with this snow and condolecenses for the injured.
i hope it all goes away very soon!:mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

I am so bl**dy annoyed I ordered two sets on 28/12/09 one set in black and one in clear and they were showing in stock etc,well a week later i had a call from cs to say my card number would'nt go through(my fault i havent had anything for a while and had to have a new card issued from bank)but i thought it was a long time for them to discover my number did'nt work so i gave her my new one and now another week on I'm told the black ones have now been dispatched but the clear are out of stock I was sending for them so that 4 of us at work could share them now I'm in a mess as two of us cant have any I dont know why I bother

I haven't used my heel yaktrax's yet as I haven't been able to go outside as the snow is deep and would be over my shoes and I don't have boots.

Hopefully the pavements will lose some of their depth soon, I live on a bit of a hill so the snow seems to hang about but once you walk down nearer the town it gets better.

Perhaps if these snowy winters are going to be a regular thing some huskies and and sled wouldn't go amiss!

piper

I can't praise these enough !
I have the twin pack ones for 'flat' shoes/boots.
I thought it might help others to let you know I have been wearing them with boots that have a 2" heel (square shaped) and they have been fine.

They are out of stock on the QVC website at the moment but I will definitely purchase more for other family members when they are available.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back