Wow! Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash Sample...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm using Elemis tri-enzymes right now myself. I normally use a combination of Gatineau, Decleor and Liz Earle. But I wanted a bit of a spring boost at this time of year and so am on the full routine. I have a stash of about 9 of those little tri-enzyme discovery kits off of QVC from last year when I was stockpiling and completely forgot about. . so I thought, why not? :33:

My verdict? The tri-enzyme products are gorgeous to use, both in scent and texture. The wash particularly smells like heaven and I love to use it after C&P, leaving it on for a few mins. Beautiful!

It's a good range and delivers real results if your skin is acne-scarred or pitted. My own skin looks much healthier, clearer and yes, a slight change in pigmentation and fading of acne marks. However, I'm only on the first week so I'll give it some time to prove itself to me.

My mum asked me what makeup I was wearing today when I really had none on - so that's got to count towards some kind of testimony! :18:

^^Btw, you MUST use an spf30 in the daytime when using the tri-enzymes.

I am using the liquid layer one by Elemis. It is so lightweight, but you must blend it in well, otherwise it'll look a bit white on the skin. :57:

I hadn't used any of the tri-enzyme range until yesterday. I have been suffering from darker patches on my forehead after catching the sun last summer and I've tried various different lotions and potions to try and reduce it.

I went to an Elemis evening at my local salon and got talked into buying the new Tri-enzyme gel mask. The therapist told me all about the great properties but she should have just shown me the packaging and that would have been enough to be honest! I bought a special pack that came with a free travel size of the tri-enzyme facial wash and night cream together with an Elemis cleansing mitt.

I used the wash and night cream last night and thought the patch looked a bit lighter this morning. Today I've tried the mask and it is incredible. Really cooling and it's made a change to my forehead already so I'm very pleased!

Could be tempted into purchasing the TSV just to get a full size facial wash with a chance to try other products.

Hi jo.

Lucky you. I was thinking of buying the new Tri-enzyme resurfacing gel mask too. It's on offer on Lookfantastic.com atm although not officially launched I think?

Could you tell us more on what the texture is like? Does it sting on application like a glycolic peel? Is there redness for a while after you remove it? Thanks!

I've had awful reactions to some peel-type products in the past, and would like to know more before investing in this. :30:

I use the whole tri enzime range and I love it. I have open pores around my nose and these have improved dramatically since I started using tri enzime. I use the wash in the morning and I also use the serum and the night cream at night. I too have stockpiled the discovery kits as can't stretch to the £80 for the full size night cream.

Hi jo.

Lucky you. I was thinking of buying the new Tri-enzyme resurfacing gel mask too. It's on offer on Lookfantastic.com atm although not officially launched I think?

Could you tell us more on what the texture is like? Does it sting on application like a glycolic peel? Is there redness for a while after you remove it? Thanks!

I've had awful reactions to some peel-type products in the past, and would like to know more before investing in this. :30:

It is a really light texture and whilst it didn't sting, it made my skin feel really tingly. I haven't checked the ingredients but I suspect there is some methol in there as my face felt cold during the 10 minutes I left it on. I wasn't at all red once it was washed off.

Early days but I will use it twice a week as directed and see how I get on. At the moment though, my skin feels plumped up and soft

HTH

I loved the fragrance and found it pleasurable to use, but it was yet another Elemis product that brought me out in painful spots. I've realised that exfoliation, whether mild or aggressive, is not right for my skin.

Snap! Did a patch test and it was fine but when I washed my whole face in it, I woke up the next day to a batch of new papules! Lovely ... NOT!!!

I can't even use a muslin cloth on my face at the moment. Do you have problems with those as well? I'm prone to dry bits too so not sure what to do!!
x

Snap! Did a patch test and it was fine but when I washed my whole face in it, I woke up the next day to a batch of new papules! Lovely ... NOT!!!

I can't even use a muslin cloth on my face at the moment. Do you have problems with those as well? I'm prone to dry bits too so not sure what to do!!
x

Hi CC, No, I can't use muslin cloths on my face, they are too harsh for my skin. Like you, I have the dryness issues and yet keep breaking out. My docs have told me to just leave my skin alone right now as my treatment is already quite harsh and damaging and it definitely affects the facial skin badly. Funnily enough, since I've stopped using anything, my skin is in better shape than it has been for months! Frankly, I would be scared to try anything with the potential to break me out right now as I'm taking ages to heal and I don't fancy having cystic spots for months on end. Call me old fashioned, but it's just not the look a girl about town wants to go for...

Why is this?

Because the tri-enzyme products work much like glycolic ones.

They resurface the skin and keep the skin always looking and feeling fresh so your skin needs spf protection to avoid pigmentation/burning.

I never got on with glycolics, they were far too harsh for my skin. But with the tri-enzymes I can actually resurface my skin SAFELY without any redness reaction, stinging or burning that I dread with glycolics. I tried Alpha-H liquid Gold and that was disastrous for me, my entire face was swolen and red, however with the tri-enzymes and with using the liquid layer spf my skin looks and feels like heaven! :7:

It is a really light texture and whilst it didn't sting, it made my skin feel really tingly. I haven't checked the ingredients but I suspect there is some methol in there as my face felt cold during the 10 minutes I left it on. I wasn't at all red once it was washed off.

Early days but I will use it twice a week as directed and see how I get on. At the moment though, my skin feels plumped up and soft

HTH

Sounds lovely, jo! :32:

I've got to get it now! Found a good deal on salonskincare. . full size tri-enzyme mask alongwith free 50ml tri-enzyme wash + 15ml tri-enzyme night cream + mitts for 45!

Latest posts

Back