Would you go out like this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh ****, if my flipant remark as caused offence then I am truly sorry:angel:

Not at all!! Wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing and Morticia Addams and Lily Munster have always been my fashion icons - lol

almost everything looks awful on the website. i don't know whether it's the models or the photographer but they always just stand there like a sack of spuds. maybe that's why so few sales come from the web.

Funnily enough I did buy this just from seeing it on the website - was getting desperate and the 30 day mbg seemed like a good idea - but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not normally a fan of man-made fabrics but this does feel silky and it is well made. I think the severity - or should that be shroud-like appearance! - of the style means it is very flattering and easily "tarted" up.

So, an ideal purchase for the freakishly tall, fat bird with something of the night about her!!

I do think there are some ladies who can look good in a "bin bag" as the saying goes - it must be the way they wear things, I dont know, or maybe they have a more balanced shape - unfortunately I am not one of them and my short waist and pear shape struggles a little to look stylish. Given my shape I just know that I would look like a sack of spuds in this unfortunately.

Now come on ladies, think about what Glen Campbell would tell us.....

Don't be put off by the lack of hanger appeal (or any appeal come to that!)
Dress it up, dress it down
Wear it with killer heels or ballet flats, sparkly sandals or opaque tights and boots
This will take you from desk to dance floor
Big chunky jewellery will give it a fashion forward look
It's so 'right now' and 'on trend'
Wear it how you like to create a current picture
And, it's so versatile it'll take you through the seasons

So you see, just take Uncle Glen's advice and pearls of wisdom and anyone can wear it!!

It looks a couple of sizes too big on the model and as a result looks terrible.

Wear it with killer heels or ballet flats, sparkly sandals or opaque tights and boots

So you see, just take Uncle Glen's advice and pearls of wisdom and anyone can wear it!!

Put like that it would be almost rude not to but I'm going to summon up all of my strength and resist ! :giggle:

I'm not really qualified to comment on what is or isn't fashionable. I try not to look like a bag lady and tend to go for "smart casual" but I wear what I like regardless of what's on trend, and the older I get the less I care what other people think. I've never heard of Urban Outfitters or All Saints, so you can tell what a fashionista I am!

Last edited:

But can we team it with a crisp, white shirt?

So are you saying you were wearing this frock without pants??! Glen has never recommended going commando to my knowledge. :eek:)

So are you saying you were wearing this frock without pants??! Glen has never recommended going commando to my knowledge. :eek:)

Oh come on Tink, get with it hun...............wouldn't you feel just a little bit daring knowing you were commando under that shroudslashdressslashtent! hehe!

and I just love your use of the term frock.........so quaint!

Latest posts

Back