Would you buy a bed of QVC ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was SHOP the one where their studio and buildings all burned down ? There have been a few dodgy shopping channels over the years. Personally I can't stand the ones where they have a "starting price" that is usually 10 times high than the actual market value of the product, and then they play dramatic music and have a load of graphics on the screen as they do their "price plunge." Utter bull****. I have actually complained to the ASA about one channel in partcular that does this trick. It's all sales garbage! I HATE it! I don't think anyone is fooled by their overinflated initial price / dramatic music and hype, so I wonder, why do they do it? If their products are really that good value, people will know. Why not discuss the price honestly and professionally instead of all that fuss?

no i couldnt buy a bed from qvc - the only advantage i could see is that you'd be able to use it for 30 days to really see if you like it and its comfortable.i really dont think john lewis would let me do that!!

but no,its like (for me) buying perfume off the tele - i dont get it.seeing some model wafting and inhaling it on the screen doesnt help me smell it.

the same could be said of yankee which i did go through a stage of buying from qvc - but after a few sets where there was at least one scent i didnt like,i didnt see the point anymore.

Was SHOP the one where their studio and buildings all burned down ? There have been a few dodgy shopping channels over the years. Personally I can't stand the ones where they have a "starting price" that is usually 10 times high than the actual market value of the product, and then they play dramatic music and have a load of graphics on the screen as they do their "price plunge." Utter bull****. I have actually complained to the ASA about one channel in partcular that does this trick. It's all sales garbage! I HATE it! I don't think anyone is fooled by their overinflated initial price / dramatic music and hype, so I wonder, why do they do it? If their products are really that good value, people will know. Why not discuss the price honestly and professionally instead of all that fuss?

No, that was Ideal World that had the fire - Shop! was a Littlewoods venture with Granada Studios, both big reputable companies. Anthony Heywood, Dean Wilson, Dave Bradford and a few other well known presenters worked on Shop!
Good times :)

No, you never know if someone else sent it back and it was used, also far to expensive. I wouldn't buy duvets etc from there either because you can find cheaper, better quality elsewhere with free p & p. not to mention next day delivery.

Are we talking Sealy beds here? I would never, NEVER buy another one of those again! It lasted barely 6 months before it developed dips in the mattress where we normally lie.

We're not the only ones either - there was a couple on "The Ferret" with the exact same problem. Sealy refused to help despite their bragging up a 10 year guarantee. The, miraculously, they were threatened with bad press by the TV show and they gave the old couple their money back.

There's a load of bad reviews about them online, too. I'm gutted we spent so much on a bed that both my GP and osteo have said we must replace as it's making both our backs worse (even with an expensive topper!).

Latest posts

Back