Will Peter Sherlock Give It A Rest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will be interesting to see where this investigation goes as something doesn't appear right imo.

Does the Chateau of Versaille store sell any of the three fragrances?

Promenade a Versailles POUR ELLE
Jardins de Versailles POUR ELLE
Promenade a Versailles POUR LUI

According to the Palace of Versaille store they don't currently stock, and apparently never have stocked, any of these 'Versaille' fragrances.

Let's wait and see what Peter finds out, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions but again I am very surprised that Sit-Up don't already know exactly where it is sold given the rather bold claims that have been made time and time again.

According to the Palace of Versaille store they don't currently stock, and apparently never have stocked, any of these 'Versaille' fragrances.

Let's wait and see what Peter finds out, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions but again I am very surprised that Sit-Up don't already know exactly where it is sold given the rather bold claims that have been made time and time again.

Its a shame Palace of Versaille don't have a catalogue as Bid seem very efficient at finding the products they are selling in catalogues and showing us the exact website where said product can be found at a much higher price.

Its a shame Palace of Versaille don't have a catalogue as Bid seem very efficient at finding the products they are selling in catalogues and showing us the exact website where said product can be found at a much higher price.

Oh they certainly sell fragrances Mr M, and at much higher prices than Bid charge.

It's just that none of them are those particular 'Versaille' fragrances :happy:

I'm happy to say that we've had confirmation.

I'm quotin from the e mail I received today

"Yes, our perfumes are sold at the boutiques of the Chateau de Versailles.

We have got the exclusive licence of manufacturing and worldwide sales of all Chateau de Versailles perfumes from the French Ministry of Culture.

It is legitimate that this brand is sold in the castle."

Wirral, again thanks for pointing this out.

I'm glad to clear this up.

I'm happy to say that we've had confirmation.

I'm quotin from the e mail I received today

"Yes, our perfumes are sold at the boutiques of the Chateau de Versailles.

We have got the exclusive licence of manufacturing and worldwide sales of all Chateau de Versailles perfumes from the French Ministry of Culture.

It is legitimate that this brand is sold in the castle."

Wirral, again thanks for pointing this out.

I'm glad to clear this up.

Hi Peter, if you don't mind me asking who gave you the confirmation? It's just I have spoken twice to the Boutique in The Chateau of Versaille and they said they are not familiar with the particular line of fragrances you have on sale, quote : 'Sorry, but we don't have "les Jardins de Versailles" and we don't know if it is an official product of the Palace'.

They provided me with this link and said they are the only fragrances they sell.

https://www.store-chateauversailles.com/en/fashion-and-accessories/perfumes?orderby=name&orderway=asc

Can you provide us with details of the particular outlet that sells Le Jardins de Versailles, I promised the person I spoke to at Versaille I would let them know if I find anywhere that sells it, I suppose they could be mistaken but they seemed very clear that they don't sell it and seemingly never have???

Thanks.

Last edited:
The e mail was forwarded on to me from the uk distributors. I can get all info tomorrow it's too late today. I know her name. In France is Brigitte. Full details tomorrow. I'm at slimming club now

Hey Wirral

The e mail came from Brigitte Jaeck, International Sales Negotiator.

Peter

Hi Peter, just to be clear Brigitte Jaeck dosen't work for Versaille does she but rather the company that distributes the fragrances?

The problem we have here is while I accept the distributor has told you these products are on sale at Versaille (which is reflected in your sales pitch) I have been completely unable to find any evidence that they actually are.

Just to let you know I haven't complained nor do I have any intention of doing so but there appears to be something of a discrepancy here. The people I have spoken to at Versaille couldn't be more clear that they don't know of this product and as i'm sure you have seen on their website they are not sold on their website either.

I'll continue looking into this but in my opinion something seems odd here.

Wirral thanks for bringing this to my attention. We're investigating this as we speak and I'll let you know. My French is not what it was and I certainly wouldn't want to mislead. I'll let you know. The products are without doubt official, and I will find out where they are retailed

god pete your the buyer don't they tell you were else they are being retailed im surprised you don't know !!! just come with anything all the top stores you can think of it hasn't stopped you and the rest of the presenters before

Sally is selling the said fragrance right now and she said, quote :- "I do believe and I have been told that they actually sell this perfume as well in The Palace of Versaille if you ever get to visit that incredible, incredible place".

Hmmm, 'I do believe and I have been told'. She didn't sound quite as certain as some other presenters!

Hi Peter, just to be clear Brigitte Jaeck dosen't work for Versaille does she but rather the company that distributes the fragrances?

The problem we have here is while I accept the distributor has told you these products are on sale at Versaille (which is reflected in your sales pitch) I have been completely unable to find any evidence that they actually are.

Just to let you know I haven't complained nor do I have any intention of doing so but there appears to be something of a discrepancy here. The people I have spoken to at Versaille couldn't be more clear that they don't know of this product and as i'm sure you have seen on their website they are not sold on their website either.

I'll continue looking into this but in my opinion something seems odd here.

Nice work Wirral, I agree something doesn't seem right & imo I would of thought Bid would of emailed the Versaille outlet & double checked they stocked the fragrances before using them as a sales point in their sales pitches as make no mistake about it... a lot of people will have purchased the fragrances because of its provenience and the fact it is (supposedly) sold in such a prestigious place.

I hope there has been some sort of mix up as otherwise imo it will be very unfair on those that have purchased it.

Nice work Wirral, I agree something doesn't seem right & imo I would of thought Bid would of emailed the Versaille outlet & double checked they stocked the fragrances before using them as a sales point as make no mistake about it... a lot of people will have purchased the fragrances because of its provenience and the fact it is (supposedly) sold in such a prestigious place.

I hope there has been some sort of mix up as otherwise imo it will be very unfair on those that have purchased it.

There could be a perfectly simple explanation for the confusion Mr M and that is what I am trying to establish and I will.

But with all due respect to Sit-Up it seems (to me at least) a bit strange that the only other retailer in the world that a fragrance that is supposedly only sold in French Palaces can be purchased is a couple of British discount shopping channels

That just dosen't add up to me.

There could be a perfectly simple explanation for the confusion Mr M and that is what I am trying to establish and I will.

But with all due respect to Sit-Up it seems (to me at least) a bit strange that the only other retailer in the world that a fragrance that is supposedly only sold in French Palaces can be purchased is a couple of British discount shopping channels

That just dosen't add up to me.

Mr Sherlock doesn't seem very concerned as to whether the perfumes are actually ' sold in French Palaces' or not, and appears to regard the matter as resolved on the basis of his CYA (cover your ar**) email.
The whole episode has a whiff of Macys about it. Stay on the case Wirral!

Mr Sherlock doesn't seem very concerned as to whether the perfumes are actually ' sold in French Palaces' or not, and appears to regard the matter as resolved on the basis of his CYA (cover your ar**) email.
The whole episode has a whiff of Macys about it. Stay on the case Wirral!

It's very good of Peter to come on here and get involved in the discussion as obviously he dosen't have to and for that i'm grateful.

However, the email from the distributor dosen't answer my query so clarification is required. There could be simple answer and I genuinely hope there is, I just hope the distributor isn't referring to let's say a man called Pierre who flogs the fragrances out of the boot of his Citroen 2CV in the vicinity of the palace :Laugh:

Russell said something slightly different today. He said the Promenade a Versaille fragrance is sold in (I think) the Boutique DuBois at The Palace of Versaille.

It was hard to tell what the exact word was though through his brummie accent.

Last edited:
The Palace of Versailles would be made up with all the free advertising :wonder:

It almost makes you want to go over there just to see if they have a bottle.........or not

I am sure there is an explanation but I truly and genuinely cannot find it anywhere. I am confident this isn't a rerun of the 'Macy's' fiasco with Jean Paul DuPont, even Sit-Up wouldn't be that dumb again!

But it just seems odd that such a supposedly exclusive fragrance would only be available in luxurious French Palaces, and Bid TV!

James 'Oh My Goodness!'Russell has just sold 'Promenade a Versailles' claiming that it is sold at the 'Boutique Dubois' at the Palace of Versailles. The term Boutique Dubois at the Palace of Versailles returns no results on Google, however there is a website for a boutique there.
The Palace of Versailles Boutique website does list several fragrances but Promenade a Versailles is not one of them.
Very odd.
He also stated that the fragrance was 'worn by the ladies of the court in the 1800's' (repeated several times). In fact the French monarchy was abolished in 1792.
He also said that the formula was discovered in 'musty leather bound volumes'. I cant help but wonder whether he actually has information about these musty leather bound volumes or whether he just made that bit up. But then again who could seriously accuse him of ever gilding the lily.

Latest posts

Back