Why doesn't JR wear nail varnish any more?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At least she doesn't have those feckin awful chav tippex tipped acrylic horrors that some presenters on other channels wear, Stacey on TJC is just one offender. In fact most of the women on QVC seem to have natural nails and imho they look far nicer than falsies.

Completely agree with you, but for me the worst offenders are most of the ladies on Gems, Angeline and Lynn in particular. I think they must go to the same nail person, high time to change imo - just awful!

Hope your Mum makes a speedy and full recovery Burlz, not pleasant for her, but very common - my poor MIL is going through exactly the same at 85.

Last edited:
Yes I agree Jacqualina, and it looks so common doesn't it?? :emo: Wishing your Mum well too hon.

I think Julia is just cleaning up her act a bit: losing some weight and avoiding the nasties in various cosmetics; at this stage of life, one of the things that happens is that your skin can become terribly reactive (not to speak of the other stuff!). (The only thing about going natural with the cosmetics is the trade-off/compromise you have to make with the overall polish of your look: the look and performance of the truly natural stuff will, a lot of the time, just not look as good as the more synthetic stuff out there, but at least you can sleep at night.) The thing she won't let go of (yet) is dying her hair: but she does use Aveda colour for this, which, out of all the permanent hair colour products on the market, is the most natural. You can't eliminate risk in life, but you can do what you can to minimise it - I think that's the road she's going along.

PS: all the best to BurlyBear and jacqualina's mums.

I think Julia is just cleaning up her act a bit: losing some weight and avoiding the nasties in various cosmetics; at this stage of life, one of the things that happens is that your skin can become terribly reactive (not to speak of the other stuff!). (The only thing about going natural with the cosmetics is the trade-off/compromise you have to make with the overall polish of your look: the look and performance of the truly natural stuff will, a lot of the time, just not look as good as the more synthetic stuff out there, but at least you can sleep at night.) The thing she won't let go of (yet) is dying her hair: but she does use Aveda colour for this, which, out of all the permanent hair colour products on the market, is the most natural. You can't eliminate risk in life, but you can do what you can to minimise it - I think that's the road she's going along.

PS: all the best to BurlyBear and jacqualina's mums.

give me back the nasties this is a cruel look for julia. i am too used to seeing her glowing and well groomed. i always thought that her hair was naturally thick and lustrous and shiny.

its funny how a good moisturiser and quality shampoo/conditioner can make such a difference.

Yes, Boffy she'll have to watch her step since it's QVC she's working for (and not the local health food shop or organic farm)!

Shame she doesn't speak naturally anymore. Her phony ''posh'' voice is getting to be very irritating!!

I don't think this is anything new though. Remember when she took her makeup off for YBF? A lot of people seemed to be quite surprised by what was underneath.

I'm not so much bothered about what she does or doesn't use on her nails, but I do wish she'd keep her bliddy fingers still when demonstrating jewellery. You can't get a good look at a ring when it's dancing all over the screen. Unless she's developed a nervous twitch too?

Best wishes to everyone's mums :)

Latest posts

Back