Why did John Barrowman bother?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
He was flogging his latest CD, looked as if he had just crawled out of a skip without combing his hair or putting his makeup on. He didn't even know exactly what tracks were on it. I don't know if things got better because I switched off and finished the ironing listening to the radio. If he couldn't remember the tracks, the CD couldn't be up to much in my opinion.

I was on the phone when he was on so I had the volume off - can anyone tell me what the skincare / toiletry items he had were all about? Ta x

They were his new skincare line for men which he is launching on qvc on the 12th September. I thought he was great as usual.

I enjoyed it. My Mum went so far as to ring me and ask me to order the cd for her even though as far as I can see she's got all the songs but one already. My daughter did say she thought he was looking a little older but...

Ooh I don't know if I should repeat her comment... :angel: :wait:

She said "He's looking older isn't he? Probably working too hard at the moment, too much jet lag or something.

Luckily they've put him on with The Crypt Keeper so he looks fresher by comparison..."

I know. She's very rude. :blush:

It's no wonder he can't remember, he is always travelling back and forth in time, and has been alive for 1000's of years.

I just wish that he would keep on travelling, I can't stand the smarmy guy.

I thought it was funny when he appeared on the pie show a few hours earlier - just popped up to try a chicken pie :grin:

I enjoyed it. My Mum went so far as to ring me and ask me to order the cd for her even though as far as I can see she's got all the songs but one already. My daughter did say she thought he was looking a little older but...

Ooh I don't know if I should repeat her comment... :angel: :wait:

She said "He's looking older isn't he? Probably working too hard at the moment, too much jet lag or something.

Luckily they've put him on with The Crypt Keeper so he looks fresher by comparison..."

I know. She's very rude. :blush:

The Crypt Keeper?

I like him as a person, always comes across as very genuine in interviews and cares about his fans, but I have to say OH and I went to a concert last year and it was just too much - he is high energy but I couldn't deal with the hyper for 2 1/2 hours. Phew. :sweat:

I like him as a person, always comes across as very genuine in interviews and cares about his fans, but I have to say OH and I went to a concert last year and it was just too much - he is high energy but I couldn't deal with the hyper for 2 1/2 hours. Phew. :sweat:

yes he was at pains to remind everyone how he owes everything to the fans and its all about the fans and without the fans he's nothing and he never forgets the fans.

then a caller asked him a question about doing some sort of performance and he said "sure i'll do that..... if you all buy the CD"

and there the whole "act" was in tatters on the floor. the hesitation before he said it was noticeable, i think he was thinking "shall i say thet?". if only he could have resisted the temptation.

it wasnt the only point in the interview where the motives became apparent, asking one caller "tell me what it is you get when you come to one of my shows....?" and off the caller goes with her little list of compliments. and barrowmans ticket sales go up by another half dozen.

cynical? yeah i may be but ive met enough of this type to last me a lifetime. its all words. all sell. all fake.

TBH I don't know - I've known of him via musical fandom way before he became a big fish and is in a way quite typical of musical actor/fan interaction. That whole Stage Door fanaticism sticks and the performers tend to be genuinely appreciative and learn quickly that being snotty to people gets around. Of course fans equal sales but that's true for every product and let's face it, in the end every celebrity is in large part just that, product.

John Barrowman is pure sex on legs. Such a shame for womenkind that he bats for the other side. Maybe I could be the one to turn him???!:giggle:

Latest posts

Back