Where have all the Yankee Candles gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder why 'Yankee' dominate this area on Q, I mean I know they sell 'Princes' at Christmas but that is all. I mean they sell more than one brand of electronics, clothing, makeup/skin-care etc but predominantly only one brand of candle. I wonder why there is this monopoly as it were?

There is a Prices TSV in June

Yankee seemed to have moved into the UK big time some years back and pushed other brands out of many shops. Every shopping centre seems to have a stand alone store. Woodwick a lovely brand but hardly seen now. Prices candles the only place I see them is in TKMaxx, but again a really nice brand.

I know so many complain about the lack of smell from Yankee's newer fragrances. I know local chemist sells them at discount most of the time, and a friend sniffs but most are not really nice or worth buying. She sticks to Cinnamon or Lilac usually.

I have just checked the root website and they look nice, but even dearer than YC. Also is it a trade website only as I could see no delivery details?

Waxbox is a subscription and well worth a try to try lots of brands. Think we've had root in there.
Bought a huge sainsbury candle today to try out. A five wick warm Amber and fig (750g) was 20, now £9, and used a fiver of nectar points. Hope it's good.

Candleberry are good too. Loads of brands out here.
Tried YC sea salt and sage last night and not a fan as no real throw. Shame as summer peach has a really good throw and loved April showers and line dried cotton.

I have bought quite a bit from the Sainsbury's home fragrance range. I love the White Fig & Patchouli reed diffuser and stocked up in a sale with refill bottles. Even when I've not remembered to flip the reeds for a while, I often walk past it and get this lovely waft of scent. Sadly, the beautiful looking three-wick bowl candle in the same smell which was reduced to £4, I think, has hardly any scent when lit. Looks lovely though and at least it wasn't expensive.

There is a Prices TSV in June

I will have a look at the TSV but, apart from not needing more candles, I did go off them when a QVC set had an overpowering burning paraffin smell. I don't like the guest presenter much either. I was thinking QVC might be dropping Price's as when I looked on the website recently, they had about three items only. There are not many more now. I noticed QVC Italy had quite a big range - it's decreased but still more than QVC UK.

I will have a look at the TSV but, apart from not needing more candles, I did go off them when a QVC set had an overpowering burning paraffin smell. I don't like the guest presenter much either. I was thinking QVC might be dropping Price's as when I looked on the website recently, they had about three items only. There are not many more now. I noticed QVC Italy had quite a big range - it's decreased but still more than QVC UK.

Prices are made in Italy, and the parent company is Italian... so possibly not surprising they have a strong presence in QVC Italy.

Oh, I had no idea! I thought it was 100% British!

You would have been right a few years ago, but no more.

http://www.prices-candles.co.uk/history/historydetail.asp

Unfortunately, in 2001, succumbing to the rising costs of raw materials and the vastly increasing competitiveness and price consciousness of the market, Price’s Patent Candle Company filed for administration. An Italian company, Cereria Sgarbi Sp.A., bought the company before, in turn, being bought two years later by SER Wax Industry in the summer of 2003.

SER, another Italian owned company, is Europe’s leading raw wax materials manufacturer and what is now Price’s Patent Candles Ltd. was seen as a sensible acquisition; as a route to market and as an opportunity and challenge to both maintain Price’s heritage and return the company to it's former status. SER, headed by two Italian chemist brothers, Giuseppe and Piergiorgio Ambroggio, has wasted no time in turning the company around, amalgamating production at its site just outside Turin. Having made this move and invested heavily on updating machinery and improving supply routes, the company has come out fighting stronger than ever.

The head office and distribution centre of Price’s UK moved to Bedford, Bedfordshire where it remains today, servicing national stores, thousands of independent shops and exporting to dozens of countries. Whilst Price’s strives to maintain the original feel of the company, still producing candles from stearine for example, it is looking to become once again a world-leading, unified brand. The company aim to achieve this through innovative, quality products and second-to-none customer service.

With a stable platform, products of immaculate quality and a dedicated task force, Price’s will continue to hold a candle to the world.

the country candle company is all british and they do dupes of top candles from jo malone. they also smell nice and classic

the country candle company is all british and they do dupes of top candles from jo malone. they also smell nice and classic

I bought some Country Candles jars in QVC Clearance on your recommendation before, boffy. Very nice too and lovely creamy wax. I don't see them very often now apart from their own website.

no tunnelling as the wax is very soft and good throw. my fav is the french macaroons delicious:clapping:

Latest posts

Back