Where have all the models gone, long time passing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
With apologies to Peter, Paul and Mary.
There are so many new faces on QVC it must be one of the least secure jobs there. Haven't even seen Kathryn much lately or Allie. And I wish the models that are there would stop the silly swishing and flouncing - Sharon are you listening? or showing themselves off rather than the clothes - Joy, does this ring a bell?

Tonight's model on the 9pm Kipling show looked totally out of her depth. She kept getting tangled up in the bag straps and struggling to get free. Hilarious! The newer models seem to not be sure what is required of team, combine that with Sharon's twitching and swishing and Joys chesticles and it all make QVC look very amatuer.

They seem to have a lot of new ones lately who don't seem to stay long

Allie is expecting again so probably only doing B&W shows if at all. Haven't seen Sharon for a while and I don't really mind the swishing as she is so professional otherwise. Goodie doesn't seem to be on much either.

The model in the promo for one of the makeup brands (possibly Bare Minerals?) was on an ad for a shopping catalogue the other night.

Jo on the Kipling show seems a bit wooden.

Beth had a little girl, Florence, a few months ago. I believe she is on maternity leave at the moment. As, I believe, may be Ali Rhodes (the gorgeous model who usually 'does' Butler and Wilson). Obviously, they have tragically lost two models recently too. Catherine (I'm guessing you mean the one whose mum, Jane, is also a model?) was on only the other day.

katherine has been away and was on during honora and looked great... ali i'm assuming is off on maternity?
haven't seen tanya for a while though, maybe she's away too?

How about our members putting themselves up for it? The long, the short, the slim, the not so slim and everything inbetween. Proper women with all the odd shapes and bits, not perfect size 10's. Let's see what the stuff looks like then Q

I have always much preferred the two regular models they have on Ideal World, Lynne and Shelagh. The presenters chat to them and make them a part of the show and allow them to voice their opinions which I like. I cannot stand Joy and I think she generally looks ridiculous shoehorned into whatever she is wearing.

XL models required. Only models with outsize chesticles need apply.
Other: must be size 8 and at least 5ft 10 tall.
Must be willing to work as and when required.
Must have an abiding interest in embellishments and adornments.
Must enjoy wearing unfashionable, unflattering and skintight clothes.
Must enjoy being told how to model by presenters.
Must enjoy being leched at by various guests.
Candidates with lumps and bumps need not apply.
Contributors to shoppingtellyforum need not apply.

Must be able to stretch the fabricATION to show everything including their knickers.

Must like wearing high heels with their jeans.

Must be prepared to give up the only small size sample if JR is presenting

Must have grotty toe nails if modelling sandals.

Being nosy, had a look at Natalie Conrad's website. She has Beth modelling in some of her photos and has worked on what looks like Suzy from Northern Nights, but I could be wrong.

The models on today's Marla Wnne show at 2pm were awful they didn't seem to know how to stand still and show the clothes. The dark haired model had zero shape, a figure with no womanly contours, the clothes just hung off her even the fitted styles. Come on QVC there must be a middle ground between these bland specimens and the ever annoying Sharon and Joy.

Why do they all keep twitching like they have a medical condition? Some of the newer models have no clue which camera to look at ( diamonique show on now) and have there hands all ore the earrings in shot or move their hands so much you can't see the rings. Pleases QVC give these women some direction and training. They look very wooden and uncomfortable. Which doesn't help to present the products at their best.

Latest posts

Back