Whats the view on Gale Hayman????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowj63

Registered Shopper
Just bought a kit from Gale Hayman as had run out of all my stuff, trying the eye gel as have awful panda eyes and nothing seems to work, any ideas girls ????
I like the feel of everything even the make up which got slated in the reviews on QVC. The lip lift is nice just hoping it last long as its so tiny.

I've been thinking of trying the eye & lip stuff from the GH range for a while now, still building up to it, as I have quite sensitive eyes & get a bit nervous venturing into unknown territory with them! lol

I have awful eyes too & the only thing I've found so far to help is the Gatineau stuff but it's stupidly expensive! :(
That particular GH kit is a pretty good price for all the stuff you get in it, quite tempted to try it myself now! :)

Not a fan of the range, did nothing for me. I do like the lip lift, but bought other stuff and never missed it. It is much cheaper to buy from direccosmetics, the lip lift goes up and down in price depending what deals they have on. But always much cheaper than QVC anyway.

I never thought there was anything special about the range.

I use lip lift every day and have done for years. It is the only product I have used which actually moisturises my lips and the effects last. I haven't noticed any increase in lip size though. I alternate between clear / cocoa / 14k gold and whilst the lip lift bullets appear small they last for months and months. I'll have a look at directcosmetics and check the prices - thanks k_w_c.

I also use eye lift but not every day. I am a teacher but I also have an evening job. If my shift finishes at 1am my eyes look a bit puffy when I get back up at 6.30 for school. A little eye lift gel cools them, makes them feel awake and reduces puffiness. I don't think the gel is meant to do anything except 'lift' the eye. You probably need to invest in another product if you have dark circles - or a smashbox concealer to hide them

I don't have any wrinkles so have no need for youth lift and I'm more than happy with smashbox for my makeup so I haven't used anything else from the range.

The only part of the GH range that I will not be without is Lip Lift, I use it all year round.I buy it when it is a Duo deal,and although it is small it lasts for ages. I really like the "Gale Hayman Sheer Tint Lip Lift" it has just enough colour for me.

I have never used the range.

Sorry, but I am put right off by the rep. She looks like she's been out on the juice all night. Puffy eyed and rough.

I use the lip lift occasionally but don't find it any better than the Burt's Bees lip balms. The rest of the range did nothing for me whatsoever. It looks cheap and tacky also.

thanks so much i quite like the eye base as it seems to lift the eye colour and did last but i would be hesitant about recommending you try this range as you have sensitive eyes. I think the eye gel is fine and I do think the Youthlift Plus provides a good make up base and it did plump out the lines around my mouth i have those marionette lines. I do think the lip lift has made my lips fuller in only a week and i think its plumped out the skin around my lips too but have to say it tastes awful. I did like the gatineau too and i love elemis but it is so expensive I think the elemis eye absolute would be lovely for your eyes but it is so pricey. Thanks again

thanks for the tip for the direct cosmetics... It seems lip lift is the hero product of this range

The only item I repeat purchase from this range is the lip lift. (Never from QVC though). Admittedly I haven't tried all the range but what I have tried eye gel, concelor and line lift I wouldn't buy again. The concelor I found "cakey" on me and drying on my under eye area. The line lift made no difference whatsoever and I found "sat" in the fine lines and accentuated them to my eye. The eye gel did cool the under eye area but I didn't see any significant result on my dark circles and puffiness.

I have sinusities and when it's bad that's when the dark circles and puffiness is at it's worst. At these times I find the only thing which works for me is the Elemis eye serum. It is expensive but there are some good deals on ebay, which I would recommend if you have tried and like the product. Otherwise I'd go with QVC because of the 30 MBG. Another product which I have found works for me on puffiness on less severe days is Simple eye balm.

As other posters have mentioned there are less expensive places to buy from. I buy from either Directcosmetics , saveonmakeup or ebay. HTH.

Last edited:
I bought some a while ago as a tsv to gve the range a try. The lip lift was ok although my lips didn't seem to puff out! Thought the eye gel which i used everymorning (not at night) did a good job and it lasted for months. The lip glosses i got were ok - nice colours for me. But the best for me was the youth lift plus, its fantastic as far as i'm concerned. I only use it on special occasions as it does exactly what its supposed to - my wrinkles round the eye do seem to disappear when its used and coupled with s/box primer i appear 10 years younger.

My mother loves lip lift and had a set of make-up from the range which she rated quite highly. However, I had an absolutely awful reaction to the lip lift, it burnt all the skin off my lips and the surrounding area - was dreadful, painful and red for a good week or so and the only thing that calmed it down was a good old slathering of Vaseline. I do know I'm in a minority with it though - most peeps are fine.

Direct cosmetics only work out marginally cheaper for lift lift at the moment, I just bought some in the week. The last times I bought from them it was a lot cheaper.

Now that I don't smoke tobacco any more I don't need to use lip balms as much, but when I did I found that Lip Lift did not sting like many - I got thru it very fast though.

The other product I recommend from GH via Direct Cosmetics (or SaveOnMakeup etc) is her cleansing gel. I buy the 473ml and it lasts and lasts and lasts, I only use about a teaspoon at a time. I use it like C&P, taking it off with a microfibre cloth rinsed in hottish water. Does eyes too, don't know about waterproof mascara though.

I did use the concealer on my friend's dard circles and it worked like magic so I gave it to her (not that I couldn't do with it ;) ).

I'm using Beate Johnen cleanser from IW at the mo, it's almost identical in feel and look to the GH.

clemenzina

I love the GH lip lift and absolutely adore Sunset Boulevard perfume, never buy it from QVC though, I always search the net for who is cheapest when I need some more.

How would you categorise Sunset Boulevard, Shepherdess? Sophisticated, floral, fresh, musky, etc? It's so often available quite cheap (sorry, affordable) that it's one to consider, methinks ;)

clemenzina

DD swears by Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (as opposed to the original Lip Balm).

Says it has worked so effectively that she rarely needs to apply lip balm, compared to previously (didn't like the orange one though)

I use lip lift every day and have done for years. It is the only product I have used which actually moisturises my lips and the effects last. I haven't noticed any increase in lip size though. I alternate between clear / cocoa / 14k gold and whilst the lip lift bullets appear small they last for months and months. I'll have a look at directcosmetics and check the prices - thanks k_w_c.

I also use eye lift but not every day. I am a teacher but I also have an evening job. If my shift finishes at 1am my eyes look a bit puffy when I get back up at 6.30 for school. A little eye lift gel cools them, makes them feel awake and reduces puffiness. I don't think the gel is meant to do anything except 'lift' the eye. You probably need to invest in another product if you have dark circles - or a smashbox concealer to hide them

I don't have any wrinkles so have no need for youth lift and I'm more than happy with smashbox for my makeup so I haven't used anything else from the range.

You poor thing, how on earth do you survive those hours?

Latest posts

Back