Whats happened to MOP?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blinkingwelsh

Registered Shopper
Hello there, Ive just stumbled across your forum, and how lovely it is too. However was unable to find a 'search' option to answer my question. Is anyone able to help.... Whatever happened to MOP, no seen them on QVC for aaaagggeeees.

Thanks

The odd piece does appear but no MOP shows for a long time.

QVC loose interest in brands a lot these days. I see Prescriptives have lost their own brand shop too now.

Welcome blinkingwelsh i tried MOP didn't think it was that good,MOP Mike posted on here at one time his fans didn't seem to take criticism too well :D

Sorry I can't answer your query blinkingwelsh, but it's rather annoying when QVC delete your favourite brands without warning.

Welcome to the forum and I just love your name! :)

Hi blinkingwelsh. As Donna says, qvc seem to be sidelining lots of brands and then they disappear. Bliss and Shiseido are two I can think of which seem to be on the way out. I'm gutted to hear that Prescriptives may now be on their last gasp too. I wish they would concentrate more on such brands instead of the tat they insist on presenting on show after show.

There's also a "change in company direction" from the sellers themselves which if I remember, one brand has decided to stop selling through QVC and try a different type of consumer. Brands may use QVC as a stepping stone to build a market and eventually decide to go it alone. Contractual obligations play a big part too - sometimes the contract just reaches its natural end or lack of sales means it reaches an abrupt end.

I was never crazy about MOP's haircare,findng it just ok for my highlighted hair but their body wash & body lotions are superb especially Pear which is divine.
When my granddaughter stays I bathe her with the Pear & shampoo her hair with Aveda's Shampure.
Afterwards,I could eat her :1:

I was never crazy about MOP's haircare,findng it just ok for my highlighted hair but their body wash & body lotions are superb especially Pear which is divine.
When my granddaughter stays I bathe her with the Pear & shampoo her hair with Aveda's Shampure.
Afterwards,I could eat her :1:

lol Marzy thats givin me ideas lol

I love Glisten! It makes my hair so shiny!
Try ebay or don't they have their own website? I can't remember.

For anyone who does like MOP & still wants to order it you can do what I do & order direct.

http://www.mophair.com/default.asp?gclid=CIeu2bCZs5YCFQO11AodzxuSKw

I started ordering this way even when QVC used to stock more as I found it worked out better value in the long run buying just what I wanted not QVC kits. You can find some great offers on there sometimes, they offer their own loyalty points scheme & p+p for orders over £35 is free. It's worth signing up for emails from them so you get all the latest deals when they happen if you're not sure...:1:

There's also a "change in company direction" from the sellers themselves which if I remember, one brand has decided to stop selling through QVC and try a different type of consumer. Brands may use QVC as a stepping stone to build a market and eventually decide to go it alone. Contractual obligations play a big part too - sometimes the contract just reaches its natural end or lack of sales means it reaches an abrupt end.

Or companies use QVC to offload old stock and that's that... :54:

Thanks everyone for all the great comments. I'm not too bothered about their shampoos, but the glisten drops are great.

Amazing value supersize MOP!

Supercoolwillow - thanks very much for finding that supersize MOP shampoo and conditioner! It doesn't even show up when you do a search for MOP on the QVC website. I checked MOP's own website and if you were to buy that amount in 250ml bottles it would cost £65.70, so that's quite a saving! (Mind you I hope it arrives as the last MOP Glisten items I ordered from QVC were sent twice as the 'C' system and I ended up getting a refund! Fingers crossed!)

PS My OH and I can't stand listening to AY either!

Latest posts

Back