What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It Work's Cleaning Blocks did not work for me. Absolutely B'locks

The only thing they seem to clean is the ends of my fingers from all of the frantic rubbing.

They had no impact on the grout in my shower.
The brown marks on the bottom of my pans was untouched
The light stains on my oven door refused to shift

So essentially the Blocks failed on everything demonstrated on-air. I obviously don't have the right type of fake "studio stain" to remove

I would have sent them back but in my haste I shredded the invoice and returns slip

Stuart

:rolleyes:

Thought twice about saying this but they sell the same blocks in Poundland too yes for a pound :eek:

they sell the same blocks in Poundland too yes for a pound
Thank goodness I don't have a Poundland :( I bought some in Woolies but lost them, found one tiny piece and tried it on greasy kitchen cabinets (right beside the hob, Mr Muscle etc wouldn't work) and IT WORKS! So I ordered the extra-strong ones from QVC last week but they don't seem as good :(

Shoe spikes - couldn't get them on the shoes, nearly broke my fingers trying.

Microfibre floor mop (not a mop really) with cleaner dispenser built in - the head's not flexible so it's darn awkward.

Speakers for mobile phone - "Works with most Nokia" - no they don't, and they chopped that bit out of the video but I had recorded it on my PVR.

Gold-tone magnetic clasps - black within a week. I've forgotten to send them back :(

The only thing I'm really, really thankful that I bought is the drain unblocker, the thing that pumps a blast of air down the plug-hole - that paid for itself in one go.

I think the blockage was hundreds and hundreds of QVC pounds gone down the drain.

clemenzina

Victoria Woods likes the Joy Mangano(?) Rolykits. My worst buy was the set of Lee Sands elasticated bracelets of tiny pearls in different shades - snapped instantly .

About 9 years ago I bought the Rolykit, that was awful. It was the large one and you needed about 10ft of space to unroll it. Then you would find the item you were looking for in the very last section!!:(:rolleyes:

hi
mine was a car wash thing, which was a pipe attached to a sponge and you had to put the pipe in a bucket of water, and the water supposed to come up the pipe into the sponge so you could wash your car, me and boyf spent ages trying to get the water up the flipping pipe, to no avail, my boyf then spent 3 hours telling me qvc sell a load of rubbish and this proved it, and worse still i never got round to sending it back, so its stuck up in the attic lol

Both of these are 2 of my good buys from QVC. Rolykits get used for DIY bits and bobs and as a sewing kit, the secret of these is planning where to put what but more than happy with them.

Hose pipe thing, there is a definate knack to doing this and once you 'get it' it's easy. I was so pleased with this (from a water saving aspect) that I also bought one for my parents in Spain, they also use it a lot.

My worst ever purchase has to be a drunken impulse buy at midnight, a £200 man (Slam Man) that you fill with 240lbs of dry sand then hit around the place with boxing gloves. Made a rather fetching clothes horse in my house, and sometimes, if I forgot it was there, scared the crap out of me!

Markon boots, just fell of my feet, I do have narrow feet but I've never had that happen before.

Oh just remembered some stupid wicks that you float in oil and burn instead of candles, they were useless.

I'm sure I could think of more if I tried!!!!

Brilliant thread this, and some awful buys. I go for the V Slicer too - so dangerous, mines went in the bucket. I wonder how many folk took their finger tips off using it :mad:

Just remembered the set of indestructable pens I bought years ago. The woman guest presenter used to stab the nib of the fountain pen through a coke can, then write with it to show that the nib hadn't been damaged :rolleyes:

Great for the kids for school I thought! Well they were absolute rubbish, leaked everywhere making a mess in their school bags and coat pockets. The ballpoint pens started to blob and smudge after a week or so and the pencil leads were that thin that they snapped under the slightest pressure :what:

Not seen them on QVC for years, funny how a stupid demonstration can persuade you to buy something :embarassed:

I got told to p-off by one of those demostrators once. I'd been playing with the fountain pen and bent the nib right back with very little pressure before he started the demo (he flattened it again). He went on and did his coke can bit only to pull the pen out in clear view of the crowd with the nib bent right back :D:D:D Straight away he looked at me knowing full well I'd just embarrassed him but me and my mate were in fits of hysterics. The crowd started laughing at it before dispersing rather rapidly :rolleyes: Had to find a toilet very very quickly :D

Almost bought the pasta pot but mine arrived with the lid forced on and it cracked. Asked for a replacement but they refunded me instead.

I can honestly say that I've been happy with everything I've bought (about 40 items over the last 3 years). Actually, I've never even returned anything. The Yankee Candle TSV before last was slightly disappointing compared to other fragnances, but I've given most as presents already. I only buy what I know I'll like!!

I also bought the pasta pot. As Fraggle said, half cooked soggy pasta - yuck! I think I sent mine to a ST member for her to try.

My worst purchase was one of those hairbrush hairdryers with the rotating head. I almost lost half my hair trying to untangle it! My hairdresser said at the time that he had a client come into his salon with one still attached to her head! :eek:

I also bought the pasta pot. As Fraggle said, half cooked soggy pasta - yuck! I think I sent mine to a ST member for her to try.

My worst purchase was one of those hairbrush hairdryers with the rotating head. I almost lost half my hair trying to untangle it! My hairdresser said at the time that he had a client come into his salon with one still attached to her head! :eek:

:eek::):p I'm sure the customer did think so at the time but that;'s hilarious :D

I have a few -
A Philosophy TSV in Pure Grace - it smelt awful!
A Models Prefer TSV - most of it was cracked and broken so the make-up went everywhere.
Get a grip ice shoe things - they didnt fit properly on my shoes in any of the sizes, complete waste of money returning them to get the next size

I bought a liquid soap maker. You had to put all your old pieces of soap bars into it with some water and there were marbles inside and it was meant to swirl around and make liquid soap. It made sludge and got sent back. Never saw it and that guest presenter back on QVC again!

For me it was the Easyio maker and various sachets. The stuff is disgusting! Too sweet and synthetic tasting - and the whole thing works out quite expensive too. I'll stick with Tesco's natural yoghurt.

One man's meat and all that-I absolutely love the it works blocks and order at least 2 lots a year! The poundland ones imo are NOT the same and actually work out dearer than the large packs that I buy from QVC.Fantastic on paintwork,trainers,the bath etc,but also saved us a furtune a few years ago when one of our minibuses was vandalised on halloween-all the graffiti came off and although we had to be careful not to take the base colour off,after t-cut you would never have known what had happened plus the vehicle was still able to do the Mencap job it was booked for early the next morning.

The worst was an IQON computer,not only was it rubbish but the company went bankrupt on the back of it and it took many months of wrangling to get our money back from QVC-after they threatened us with legal action as we witheld easy payments as we wanted our money back. Other rubbish buys were the Special FX nail stuff which I never got a good result with,various items of jewellary including Lola Rose which just looks like plastic tat to me and StainsRout stain remover. Not only was that rubbish but it had a sports cap style lid on it. During building work my youngest managed to get hold of the bottle and drank some-totally my own fault I know,but when we took him to hospital they were furious that not only were the ingredients not listed on the pack but they weren't in the national data base either. We had several very fraught hours whilst they waited for an answer from the american manufacturer. As it was he was fine-ended uplooking very drunk for a few hours and had a hangover next day. Only positive of this,he was sick in the car and when we cleaned tHAt up the seats were lovely and clean underneath!!

My own worst QVC purchase was a set of Tova perfumes, they smelt revolting beyond belief, absolutely disgusting! It was years ago now & I have never bought anything from the brand since & probably never will! :26:

I would imagine for a lot of people though their worst ever QVC purchase however, was an overpriced (as it turned out!) HD-DVD player, shortly before the format was dumped worldwide & everyone went with Blu-ray instead! :11:

The Victorian strawberry planter with bare root strawberries has to be my worst ever purchase...thing is by the time we realised how dreadful it was, it was just too much hassle to empty it and send it back!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.553261

What they don't tell you is that you need to spend a small fortune on compost to fill it in the first place! Then it is so heavy that once you have decided where to position it, there it stays! This means that half your plants are facing away from the sun and don't do very well at all! Add to this the fact that it is made from cheap and nasty looking plastic and fades to a disgusting colour when it has "weathered" a bit. The watering pipe is carp too!! A total waste of money and resigned to the bin after one season!

I see they have not put a photo of it on their website! Also it appears to be a newish item. I watched the video clip and it is the exact same item I bought several years ago and wrote a very honest review about! Strange....:20:

Last edited:
A dennis basso plastic mac :11: which fell to bits not long after I bought it luckily, so I didn't wear it much. The solar lights I bought last summer are falling to bits too!

A Swivel Sweeper. The battery is on a hair trigger. I overcharged it *once* and now it won't hold more than a 30 second charge.

Probably some piece of jewelry that I didn't like, but thought I might wear at some occasion

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Funny how we have all bought the worst things - I seem to have fallen for the lot ! I must be a marketing mans dream !!!

green faux croc B&W bag - bet Simon would'nt be seen dead with one
Gt Express snack maker makes corn bread BUT WE DONT LIVE IN AMERICA !
Freeze 24/7 is the biggest cosmetic con of all
Space saver bags that dont save anything
A recent tsv food slicer that only chops salad stuff
a video transfer to dvd player - have now given up on Hi tech gadgets
Tova perfume - she must have no sense of smell is all I can say

my worst purchase was the bandages that you should lose inches with.

Latest posts

Back