What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my worst ever purchases were those green bags 2 keep food fresh, ha, and the la lainne juicer thingy. it kept spitting the fruit back out at me

Apart from the liquid soap maker (uuurrrggghhh) I think I've bought everything else.

Admittedly some of these have been from the Warrington outlet so at least I didn't waste a lot of money on them.

Those blinking pasta pot things were probably the worst - I couldn't even sell them at a car boot sale for £1. Obviously no-one wants soggy / hard pasta for their dinner!

A pair of silver hoop earrings that bent and twisted as I put them in my ear and the post snapped off... Have never bought any QVC "fine" jewellery since.

my worst purchases was the Bare Essentials powder which made my skin look so greasy and the mineral veil which made my skin break out in spots.

also the Emjoi Total Concept Epilator with Built in Tweezer & LED Light which made me have ingrowing hairs which i have not got rid of thanks to my friends on this forum!

also a premier tanzanite ring which looked so cheap when i received it and the colour was shocking. luckily i got another in a different style and it is amazing.

brite bites, did nothing infact i think i put weight on (great) and alpha h had a horrendous breakout for weeks after using that

Wasn't there some kind of controversy concerning the claims they made about Brite Bites? I know they stopped selling them. I'm sure someone else here will have a better memory than I have.

my worst purchases was the Bare Essentials powder which made my skin look so greasy and the mineral veil which made my skin break out in spots.

Yes. Bare Escentuals contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which gives it a "sheen" once applied. It's not to everyone's taste. Some people also find it a difficult ingredient to tolerate - it can cause itching/redness. :15:

ATM, it's the ped-pro thing that was the TSV last week! Get it close enough to sand or scrape and it stops. And the batteries lasted about 10 minutes as well! Right up there with the green bags and the clothing pill remover...say maybe that would work on the old hooves?

The glass globes for putting in plants and watering them while you are away
Got the TSV last week 4 large and 4 small glass things and they arrived and thought great the hanging baskets will be saved in this heat so watered all and then filled up the globes and popped them in the baskets after watering them at night so gave them a good start so the glass balls would be ok but got up the next morning and every ball was empty and my baskets are only small. Filled them all up again put them back in baskets again and baskets were watered again but by noon they were all glass balls empty again filled them up 3 times in total in a day not good as they sell them under the premise that they will slowly water your plants, pots, hanging baskets while your away so dont book anywhere where you will be longer than 4 hours :17:

The sad thing is I think I too have bought most of the items above - and yes most of them - no all of them were crap.

My sister got the globes last year and the water just ran straight out when she placed them in the pots - why not just pour the water in out of a jug???

My worst recent purchases have been a black agate bracelet which as soon as I took the parcel off the postman went to slip it onto my wrist and the 'elastic' broke and all the beads went all over the kitchen floor - read the reviews and most others had had this problem so it was not just me.

And my GHD hairdryer which nearly caught fire in my hands when switching on for the first time!!!

My worst purchase was an Ojon set - I only used a tiny amount and my hair was lank for days even after re-washing.

My best purchase was, unlike some other experiences posted, Get A Grip grippers to put on your boots to stop you slipping on ice. They're fantastic and as I have a walk down a steep hill to get to the train station on cold wintry mornings, they've been a lifesaver for me. I can't rate them highly enough and would say they've been my absolute best purchase ever from QVC!

Yes. Bare Escentuals contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which gives it a "sheen" once applied. It's not to everyone's taste. Some people also find it a difficult ingredient to tolerate - it can cause itching/redness. :15:

Oh right, yea i think its probably more suitable for someone with a dry skin. it just enhanced my oily young skin! lol.

So many, I'm having trouble remembering it all...but these are the ones that spring to mind. Kim and Co dress, paper thin and could have been stitched by a five year old. Cydney Mar skirt....dispicable! the picture showed it as dark brown with a handkerchief hem...in reality it was made out of heavy duty tights material, and was American tan in colour to boot, it was creased as old f**k, and the "hem" had been finished using blunt kitchen scissors by the looks of it!

Battery operated ice cream maker...what a load of tat! Tried making ice cream in it not once, but twice, following the instructions to the letter, both attempts resulted in a sloppy, slightly colder mess!

Silver jewellery set, looked dainty and elegant on screen, but in reality was just thin and flimsy...and I know they say some of their cheaper stuff is great to give to a child as a "first piece of jewellery"...Well I'd have been embarrassed to give this to a child!

Pupa make up....wishy washy colours, eyeshadows rock hard and inpenetratable, lipgloss far too sticky and gloopy..yuk!

I feel for the hand operated fruitjuicer operated by some german guy who made the jucing look so easy: all you need to do is put fruit in container and put the spqueesy thing on and hey presto. Should have realised that anything more to juice then a grape requires Arnold Schwarzenegger.:20:

Liz Earle tsv "pamper hamper" Horrible, the stuff stank to high heaven, dried my skin out and the shimmer cream...well it didn't shimmer at all.

Orgainiser bag, had a place to put a small brolley, zips and flaps everywhere only it was really badly organised, and you literally had to open the whole bag right out to access your credit cards, passport etc..well dodgy oh, and the strap broke within a fortnight..got refund.

Tova signature..smelled like fly killer

Wash balls...might have been ok, if you were doing a small carrier bag worth of (not very dirty) washing every week!!!!

Have bought some great stuff though!...honest!

I feel for the hand operated fruitjuicer operated by some german guy who made the jucing look so easy: all you need to do is put fruit in container and put the spqueesy thing on and hey presto. Should have realised that anything more to juice then a grape requires Arnold Schwarzenegger.:20:

I've got that...and it's one of my best things in the kitchen! Do you mean the one that consists of three parts, put the half a orange on the juicer, press the lid down and twist?..It works great for me...but only on citrus fruits though..they did claim it would do apples....it didn't!

An umbrella seemingly made of lead.

Genie line whatsit - utterly useless crap.

PS And a load of dead strawberry plants with a hideous orange plastic planter about the size of a 737.

Gatineau - hate the presentations, the smell ,the texture - everything about it but in a moment of weakness, bought a TSV with cleanser, toner, neck gel etc. Way too rich for my skin but sadly never returned it!!

Latest posts

Back