what should they stop selling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't miss:
Ken Paves wigs
Kelly Hoppen
Any jewellery with a "celebrity" as a so-called designer aka Anna Diamond, Uri Geller

I don't mind most of the stuff QVC sell but I think the selection is poor for some of the ranges (aka Philosophy, Yankee) and they could do a lot better with the pricing considering the volumes they must be buying in.

Dear Bernard,

I am that man from the back of Bolton market and I can tell you that my wares are most definitiely 'on tren'. You obviously haven't tried them with a trouser and little pump.

PS: How did you know about the virgins? Thought I'd got away with that one. Must have whistled just that bit too loud...

Dear Man from Bolton Market Wiz Suitcase

Your wares are indeed on trend, as were your Vivienne Tam Gas Fag Lighters (3 for £1) of which I bought several.

I will try some of your wares with a little pump (plz to be inserting your own rude joke heer)

I knew about the virgins because I am an all seeing I. I also know because one of them wafted past me in Poundland with a bag full of the ancient and undiscovered Lie Root, which comes from the Tree of Untruths high up in the Porkies Mountains...

:hi:

:tongue:

:angel:

Love n stuff
Bernard

how unfair is that qvc america having clinique why can't we have it? all we get is tat they get the good stuff prob think cos america's so big they can give them all the best stuff maybe we should start a campaign to try and get what we the customers want rather than being force-fed what THEY think we want

I would rid our QVC screen of...

All things craft
Fashion..all of it
Elemis/Decleor/Gatineau
Liz Earle the person ...not necessarily the Brand
Richard Jackson and his garden
Uri Geller
Kirks Folly
Basso
Lime tree pantry
Bobbi Brown..because the choice is so limited and it's become irritating
Kelly Hoppen
Stone Mountain
Lulu Guiness
:wink:

"build a bonfire, build a bonfire put Kim fashions on the top
put Basso, and all the handbags in the middle
and burn the @%!!!ing lot"

Basso
Craft (bores me to tears)
Richard Jackson and his overpriced plants
Uri Geller (makes my skin crawl)
Lulu Guinness bags
Kelly miserable taupefaced Hoppen
Meat/pies etc
Big tellies etc
"Celebs" flogging some old CD you could buy anywhere else (and the associated crawling from the presenters that goes with it).
Bobbi Brown/Benefit (what's the point?!)

and what about the other Lulu? it is obvious that her face is the product of artifice (and that is putting it politely) rather than any gloop out of pot, get rid say I and give us more A'kin and less hype.

I don't get the bear thing either. I wonder if all the people who must buy them were thinking 'oh must pop out and buy a bear today if qvc don't have one that takes my fancy.' QVC could sell snow to eskimos and I find that a bit of a turn-off. Literally!

I don't get the bear thing either. I wonder if all the people who must buy them were thinking 'oh must pop out and buy a bear today if qvc don't have one that takes my fancy.' QVC could sell snow to eskimos and I find that a bit of a turn-off. Literally!

Don't give them ideas!! just imagine it "during the heatwave we bring fresh sparkling snow to cool you off and help you sleep during these humid nights" Not that far fetched when you consider we'll soon be "treated" to Christmas in July, i feel queasy at the very thought!!

Definately agree with the poster who said they need to stop selling American branded products. One or two popular ranges is fine but we have different tastes over here. There are SO many UK companies crying out for a vehicle like QVC to sell their wares on (and we're not talking about overpriced cr*p like Butler & Wilson!).

I personally love the craft stuff but not the Bibster - she's SO underwhelming and unenthusiastic!

* Get rid of EVERYTHING health/diet/fitness related
* Bring on Hotel Choc (I agree, it's YUMMY)
* Ditch the American handbags
* All fashion needs to go - UK brands only please!
* Bedding - limit Northern Nights to once a month and NO Kelly Hoppen
* More homewares - but not overpriced tat!
* Skincare and cosmetics that are affordable, that we have actually HEARD of oh and ditch AY. Maybe European brands need to be brought in?
* Affordable jewellery please from UK/European sources
* Get rid of Jill Franks and Julia Roberts (needs no explanation!)
* No more Gold/Silver only days...........boring in the extreme

Those are my thoughts anyway!

Love Becky <3

Less American, more European.
They should get rid of techie stuff; they sell crap which is not reflected in the price.
Craft items. People actually have full time jobs and families to look after. It is unnerving to imagine that there are so many leisurely people out there.
Great thread xx

Last edited:
I think QVC should set up a 'sister' channel for crafting, yes there are people who love it but for those who don't it's seriously boring!
Plus if it had it's own channel Dawn etc could do proper demos which would probably encourage beginners and shift more stock - so everyone's a winner.

My other suggestions would be a TOTAL revamp of the so-called fashion, there is far too much overpriced American cr@p and it all looks pretty much the same to me.

I don't know much about the fashion industry but surely there are some decent British designers out there who could do a 'diffusion' line for QVC, similar to designers at Debenhams.
I'd also like to see a cheap and cheerful fashion range like the one offered at Boohoo.com but with a better choice of sizes.

NN needs to be limited, so does YC and Birkenstock - or at least merged into shows with other things rather than having endless hours of them.

Kelly Hoppen and Richard Jackson should definitely be got rid of!

I think QVC should set up a 'sister' channel for crafting, yes there are people who love it but for those who don't it's seriously boring!
Plus if it had it's own channel Dawn etc could do proper demos which would probably encourage beginners and shift more stock - so everyone's a winner.

My other suggestions would be a TOTAL revamp of the so-called fashion, there is far too much overpriced American cr@p and it all looks pretty much the same to me.

I don't know much about the fashion industry but surely there are some decent British designers out there who could do a 'diffusion' line for QVC, similar to designers at Debenhams.
I'd also like to see a cheap and cheerful fashion range like the one offered at Boohoo.com but with a better choice of sizes.

NN needs to be limited, so does YC and Birkenstock - or at least merged into shows with other things rather than having endless hours of them.

Kelly Hoppen and Richard Jackson should definitely be got rid of!

a craft channel wouldnt work for QVC as IW already have that

a craft channel wouldnt work for QVC as IW already have that

thanks SCW, I know nothing whatsover about crafting other than I find it insanely boring!! but the brief bits I have caught on QVC seem very rushed in explaining how to use the stuff.

Can appreciate it's probably not practical/possible for QVC to have a seperate channel, just wishful thinking on my part!

Some of the things people have mentioned getting rid off I love, Kipling, Yankee, Quacker Factory, although yes they need to do better prices & lots of other ranges could go including Thorntons, and craft stuff.

thanks SCW, I know nothing whatsover about crafting other than I find it insanely boring!! but the brief bits I have caught on QVC seem very rushed in explaining how to use the stuff.

Can appreciate it's probably not practical/possible for QVC to have a seperate channel, just wishful thinking on my part!

yeah thats the difference on QVC it is rushed but thats why IW have a craft channel and its at a slower pace

Latest posts

Back