What is it with Q and LED lights?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Yet another lot of LED lights this morning, with Julia Roberts busily talking over the guest presenter, as per usual. This time ornaments for the home, such as a light-up model of a dressing-table, an antique style bed, a sofa and so on, with Christmas scenes on them and the obligatory LED lights tiny Christmas tree revolving. Not my taste, but each to his own, and Julia told us that they will enhance any corner in our house, so who are we to disagree? There was competition between Julia and the presenter as to who could come up with the silliest comment about decorating your house for Christmas - I have to say I think Julia was outclassed on this occasion, with the guest telling us that what we don't tend to do is decorate the upstairs rooms, such as the bathroom! Speak for yourself, luv, in our house we ALWAYS have an additional 12ft Christmas tree fully lit (of course) placed in our bathroom, and we tend to open the presents in there as well, on Christmas morning. :mysmilie_14: Honestly, these people come from Planet Zog. Memo to Q's buyers: enough with the ruddy LED lights, whether its ornaments or anything else. Q's theme song should be "Have Yourself a Merry LED Christmas".

Last edited:
I bought a set of morphing led lights from Q when they were a rare novelty, about 15 years ago, when Q brought new products to the market. Now you can get led lights anywhere.

Exactly, they aren't anything unusual now, but the way they introduce them, squealing with excitement, you would think they have just discovered electricity or anaesthesia (not that you'd need anaesthesia when watching Q...the presenters do that for you).

I bought a set of morphing led lights from Q when they were a rare novelty, about 15 years ago, when Q brought new products to the market. Now tcan get led lights anywhere.

Exactly, they aren't anything unusual now, but the way they introduce them, squealing with excitement, you would think they have just discovered electricity or anaesthesia (not that you'd need anaesthesia when watching Q...the presenters do that for you).

I agree it's hilarious isn't it, their excitement is more fake than an eight pound note

There are some lovely LED lights available in lots of shops.Different styles and some really unusual ideas.Much better value too and no p&p . They do appear to go over the top in their enthusiasm but it's all acting of course.As for trees/decoration in every room from July onwards ;doesn't that spoil the idea of The Christmas Tree somewhat.Having Christmas lights in the bathroom is ridiculous in my opinion unless one is intending to escape there for long periods of time after intense bouts of gifting.I don't know about LED ,it seems that the imaginary airy fairy land some people on these channels would have us live in is fuelled by LSD !! Any thing for the money.

Last edited:
Oh! Bugga. Have I been done, I have two of those in my wallet... As for anaesthesia. I would gladly give that as a gift to all QVC presenters.

Oh talisker! What have I told you? Alsways check your change?! :mysmilie_17:

The anesthetiser is in one of those Gift Mate bags and all ready to "gift" ...... QVC presenters do love those Gift Mate bags.

My bugbear are the 'battery' ones. Ok for areas of the room that aren't near a plug, but all this 'timer' business and having to keep a supply of batteries to hand - thats if you remember first off at 6pm to start the ruddy things off in the first place !! And don't get me started on the 'morphing' -timer-battery-unrealistic looking candles !!! what is the point of them? they don't give a good light and they look cheap and nasty.

(saying all the above, I DO have 3 of the realistic looking Luminara candles in my hearth - AND they do look good)

My bugbear are the 'battery' ones. Ok for areas of the room that aren't near a plug, but all this 'timer' business and having to keep a supply of batteries to hand - thats if you remember first off at 6pm to start the ruddy things off in the first place !! And don't get me started on the 'morphing' -timer-battery-unrealistic looking candles !!! what is the point of them? they don't give a good light and they look cheap and nasty.

(saying all the above, I DO have 3 of the realistic looking Luminara candles in my hearth - AND they do look good)

i have some luminara they are lovely this time of the year

Julia nearly went delirious when the guest presenter told her that as well as batteries, the lights have A LEAD as well!

Must be ultra cheap with high profit margins .

The light up model furniture item complete with snowy scene . What on earth is that all about !

I would love to see Jill Franks selling that !

Yet another lot of LED lights this morning, with Julia Roberts busily talking over the guest presenter, as per usual. This time ornaments for the home, such as a light-up model of a dressing-table, an antique style bed, a sofa and so on, with Christmas scenes on them and the obligatory LED lights tiny Christmas tree revolving. Not my taste, but each to his own, and Julia told us that they will enhance any corner in our house, so who are we to disagree? There was competition between Julia and the presenter as to who could come up with the silliest comment about decorating your house for Christmas - I have to say I think Julia was outclassed on this occasion, with the guest telling us that what we don't tend to do is decorate the upstairs rooms, such as the bathroom! Speak for yourself, luv, in our house we ALWAYS have an additional 12ft Christmas tree fully lit (of course) placed in our bathroom, and we tend to open the presents in there as well, on Christmas morning. :mysmilie_14: Honestly, these people come from Planet Zog. Memo to Q's buyers: enough with the ruddy LED lights, whether its ornaments or anything else. Q's theme song should be "Have Yourself a Merry LED Christmas".

What about your en-suite, children's and guest bathrooms, and downstairs cloak room ? Surely you need trees for all ?

I draw the line at putting a tree in my utility room where the cat has his bathroom (litter tray) because he'd wee up it and fuse the fairy lights.

There's a stall in Chelmsford market that does lovely lights, including some arranged in glass bowls etc (just for demo purposes) as QVC do but for a fraction of the price.

To be fair, I've got a QVC lantern with a battery candle on a timer and it looks lovely sitting in my porch. Bought it a couple of years ago, can't remember the price but Im quite tight with my money so it wouldn't have been very expensive,

i like my qvc lanterns had them years and look great. the bethlehem lights that are so expensive becaue they are allegedly inside outside lights are poor vfm. bought so many over the years and they dont last long as the battery boxes rust so the batteries dont work. and qvc's 6 months guarantee on battery operated items is a laugh. and i dont find it funny

Latest posts

Back