What have you bought and resisted lately?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bought the old l'occitane tsv last week as it was on 2 easy pays and had free p&p.

i try not to buy something just because its a tsv as more than likely if they dont sell out immediately i can buy it when i really need it for the introductory price (as the savings for the tsv's are really quite pitifull!) for the milk shower cream and body lotion alone well worth the price.

not impressed with the rose bud mousse stuff though it smells lovely its not soapy enough!

will not buy the philosophy tsv as i am still recovering from my old addiction to the graces and dont do elemis as it gives me postulating boils.:wait:

I need HELP and quickly.
I have just seen todays TSV and it is just the sort of thing that has me reaching for the phone. For some reason I love cameras and gadgets.
Please can someone tell me what an awful thing this is and why I dont need it.
I am not going to be able to watch another showing with out cir coming to temptation.

I have in the past made some very bizarre purchases - usually late in the evenings. I have about six pairs of Markon shoes, which I really don't like much at all. One pair is yellow patent! However, I make a conscious choice to wear them from time to time just to use them. This always depresses me. I can't bear to throw them out. It makes me feel so guilty.
I also have some silver bits and pieces, which I kept because they were OK but I don't love. Some were quite expensive. Many are just not my style. Again I wear them here and there but without pleasure - just to say to myself that I've worn them. The whole business is dreary. I just end up with tons of stuff which I can use but don't particularly like.
I have decided not to buy anything for a while. I might even see if I can sell some stuff on ebay. Often things just don't sell or you sell them for a silly sum.
If I was reading this I would think, what a silly woman. I agree and it's me.
I think we get drawn into buying something to reward ourselves and actually it's not what we want at all. It's a bit like eating when you're not hungry to comfort yourself and then being overweight and getting depressed.

I need HELP and quickly.
I have just seen todays TSV and it is just the sort of thing that has me reaching for the phone. For some reason I love cameras and gadgets.
I am not going to be able to watch another showing with out cir coming to temptation.

I nearly reached for the phone last night, but I have the Fuji Bridge camera TSV from last year, so shall stick with that. Plus I have enough bother getting that into concerts (it has been in some very odd places about my person) goodness only knows what I would have to do with that monster to get it in! I would LOVE it for going to see Lady Gaga at the O2 though as my bridge one did a fab job in Glasgow when I went to see her - got some AMAZING shots and I was pretty close to the back and it only has 12x zoom.

I have in the past made some very bizarre purchases - usually late in the evenings. I have about six pairs of Markon shoes, which I really don't like much at all. One pair is yellow patent! However, I make a conscious choice to wear them from time to time just to use them. This always depresses me. I can't bear to throw them out. It makes me feel so guilty.
I also have some silver bits and pieces, which I kept because they were OK but I don't love. Some were quite expensive. Many are just not my style. Again I wear them here and there but without pleasure - just to say to myself that I've worn them. The whole business is dreary. I just end up with tons of stuff which I can use but don't particularly like.
I have decided not to buy anything for a while. I might even see if I can sell some stuff on ebay. Often things just don't sell or you sell them for a silly sum.
I think we get drawn into buying something to reward ourselves and actually it's not what we want at all. It's a bit like eating when you're not hungry to comfort yourself and then being overweight and getting depressed.

I can really relate to this - so much of my stuff made me feel guilty for buying it,then guilty for not using it,and then guilty for selling it for a paultry sum on ebay,then guilty thinking about where I could have taken my kids if I'd not spent the damn money in the first place............................think I overthink things :blush: Really pleased not to be doing now - and this what I meant by "freedom" from QVC.

I need HELP and quickly.

I am the same I have just watched it for the first time tonight but thank goodness it has just sold out as I was so close to ordereing especially as it shoots raw. Problem is I have the Fuji S8100fd I bought from QVC and that wasn't cheap so to invest that much in another camera seems mad. I will keep looking at the price on this one though incase it starts to come down as I would love it for my holiday in September.

I can really relate to this - so much of my stuff made me feel guilty for buying it,then guilty for not using it,and then guilty for selling it for a paultry sum on ebay,then guilty thinking about where I could have taken my kids if I'd not spent the damn money in the first place............................think I overthink things :blush: Really pleased not to be doing now - and this what I meant by "freedom" from QVC.

I read your previous post about the bother you got into with QVC spending and I thought it was a really brave post, totally endearing too. I think there are lots of people like us - it is a sickness of our culture - however, once we are aware of what we are doing and can use visualising techniques of our cupboards groaning with unused products - I think we can help ourselves.
Good for you for breaking out of the cycle. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am on my way.

My advice ...for what it's worth....is...do not punish yourself any more.....get rid of all the stuff that does not give your pleasure (sell....charity etc)........especially those awful sounding yellow shoes.

Bring in a 2 week rule...or 28 day rule...whatever you have bought,from anywhere,not just QVC.....if you have not used the item or have any doubts at all that you will ever use or wear it...........take or send it back.

Then when you have got a handle on this....start to challenge whether you love the item before you buy it.
You will save a fortune. I am still working on this technique.:clapping:

Latest posts

Back