What a routine!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky J. see the new beauty items thread. There is a smashbox set at super bargain price. It has full size smashbox BB cream, the soft lights blush, an eyeliner and a lipgloss.. all for cheaper than the BB cream alone on the smashbox website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh mine feels really short in comparison!

Morning
Wash with either Purity or Microdelivery exfoliating wash
Pcmc
Bobbi Brown foundation
Eyeshadow
Liner
Mascara
blusher
Lippie as I leave the house if I can be bothered, maybe twice a week and never reapplied during the day!

Evening
Either Emma Hardie Moringa balm or Elemis pro radiance slathered on whilst I soak in the bath. Taken off with EH cloth or flannel
Lashtec eyelash thingy - of which I am already getting really bored of!
Aldi Lacura serum
Either Aldi night cream, pcmc or oxy night cream

Body just gets a moisturise with whatever I am using at the time.

Zero maintenance - well, almost!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Agree absolutely about makeup primer. It makes a real difference to how my makeup looks. Indeed, yesterday my hairdresser commented on my 'flawless' skin. Since she is my hairdresser, and sees my roots, I felt quite happy in telling her that it was all down to primer (Smashbox BB Cream at the moment) and a really good concealer! But it still made me feel good!

Nicky J. see the new beauty items thread. There is a smashbox set at super bargain price. It has full size smashbox BB cream, the soft lights blush, an eyeliner and a lipgloss.. all for cheaper than the BB cream alone on the smashbox website.

Here is link to it

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200772

I have to keep it as pure as possible

Morning
Wash with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil & flannel
Moisturise damp face with same product

Make-up
Tinted moisturiser with SPF
Maybelline eyeliner pencil & Clinique mascara

Night
Remove eye makeup with Clinique's Take The Day Off
Wash & moisturise with EVOO
RevitaBrow
Once a week I add a bit of castor sugar to the Olive Oil to exfoliate

Blimey, you all keep yourselves busy don't you.

Me:
Morning - wash with, er, soap (dove) and a flannel. Dry with, er, a towel. Whack a bit of Lidl £1.99 moisturiser on.

Night - ditto above.

Right then ladies. I have tried incessantly to find out what EXACTLY the powder is that Bare Minerals and all these other powdery foundations are made of, without luck.

Minerals from the earth can be anything - zinc, copper, iron ore, even gravel, etc etc etc which even a 3 year old will tell you aint gonna be good for the face.

Sooooooo, are any of you a chemist, scientist, civil engineer ? who can put me out of my misery.

(my own foundation incidentally is Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish, its a mousse, feels like nothing and lasts for months)

bareMinerals Foundation SPF 15
Ingredients:
Active: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Other: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish
Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate (4%), Other: Water, Isostearyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Oleic Acid, C12 20 Acid PEG 8 Ester, Glycerin, Polysorbate 40, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone Copalmer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Linoleate, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sucrose Laurate, Trehalose, Lecithin, Phospholipids, Tridecyl Salicylate, Behenyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Sorbitan Stearate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Kaolin, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Well, I've had to start being really careful because I seem to have developed sensitive skin with rosacea. I didn't exactly have a complicated routine anyway, but have had to change the products I use.

AM:
Wipe over face with Simple Toner

'Simple' is not as simple as they would have us believe.
The toner contains formaldehyde-releasing preservative 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol which makes it questionable for sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Water, Sorbitol, Sodium Pca, Allantoin, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana Distillate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

You might be very happy with it barbedwire, but I thought I'd just mention it.

When my skin was having sensitivity issues I cut out everything except LE instant boost skin tonic followed by superskin moisturiser. I know the skin tonic may not suit everyone but it was fine for me

A.M
Wash face with either a facial wash - if the shops have had any offers on, or I've had a Boots £5 voucher - or soap (Dove,) together with a muslin cloth or flannel.
Moisturiser - again whatever shops have had on offer, usually something for around £3-4.
If it is a sunny day and I plan on being out in it, then will use Utrasun face 30SPF ot Alpha H SPF 30.

LG Spackle (but only when I've had some in a TSV)
BE or LG foundation
Blusher - LG or Astor
Brows (YBF) set with a diddy amount Lipcote so they don't disappear/rub off
Shadow - various
Eyeliner - LG Inkwell,
B.E Mineral veil
Lipstick or gloss - Boots Naturals £1.99 jobs usually
Contact lenses
Mascara - currently BE Flawless Definition (But onlt 'cos I had a Debenhams voucher, would not usually spend more than a tenner on mascara)

P.M

Wash face as above - if eye make is proving difficult to remove, dig out bottle of Somerfield eye make remover from somewhere. Or use a splodge of Nivea to remove.
Dollop of Nivea night time moisturiser.
If I am tired and don't want to wake myself up too much by washing my face before going to bed, will just use a wipe to get the majority of make up off.

Last edited:
I have used both spackle and the BE primer which I think is called Prime Time and I don't think they make a blind bit of difference. BUT I put my makeup on in the morning and it stays put all day anyway so in my book it's an unnecessary step. I do know lots of people swear by it.

Morning and night it's the same routine for me:

Cleanse - been using Poxytane facial soap for ages with no adverse effects, and one bar lasts for months and months and months. I always have a Cleanse and Porridge (as 4 yr old calls it) on the go too to deal with his grubby little face, and use that a few times a week instead of the Poxy soap

Tone - always Liz Earle tonic. I've tried going without it but I find within a day or two I need quite a bit more moisturiser, so have concluded it really is worth it

Eye cream - have concluded PCMC is best, and works out economical as I don't need it on the rest of me mush yet

Moisturiser - I really rate Judith Williams Phytomineral, works out at around £6 for a 50ml size which is fab. Again I usually have a Liz Earle Skin Repair on the go too and substitute that a few times a week

I exfoliate every week or so with Decleor Phytopeel which is the one Deccers product I love and have clung on to as it does indeedy give me a glass-like finish :giggle:

Not a make-up wearer which by the sound of it gives me about an extra hour a day :whew:

I moisturise my body whenever I think on to do it with whatever comes to hand, usually Poxytane stuff

My hands are the only bit of me that's exceptionally dry. I get through stacks of hand cream in the day (whatever's in the most recent TSV I bought) and at night I put on a layer of Poxy Shea Butter cream so thick that my hands look like an Australian cricketers nose :grin:. I reapply every time I've gone to the loo (currently pregnant so re-applying about 12 times per night...:dull:)

I'm exhausted just reading the posts! I obviously don't care enough about myself.

Good going over with a proper flannel and water :eek:
Few dabs of Aldi's serum and Johnsons day cream
Quick whizz round with BE foundation and blusher
Eyes only get done if I'm going somewhere special
Lipstick if I'm going further than the end of the drive!
Washed off with flannel, dab of night cream if I remember

My one luxury product, recommended here and tried, Gatineaux Radiance Enhancing Gommage. I've seen a real difference using it, it's last for ages as I use it alternately with St Ives Elements scrub :up:

This morning;

Philosophy The Great Mystery to cleanse
Gatineau Nasturtium Toner
Gatineau Focus Pen in nose to mouth lines
Gatineau SOS on the odd blemish
Elemis Pro Collagen eye serum
Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery
Gatineau Active Eclat Flash Radiance serum
Gatineau Age Benefit moisturiser
Bliss neck cream
Perricone lip plumper/Burts Bees lip balm
Philosophy The Present/ Laura Gellar Welcome Matte to matify

A.M Liz Earle C&P alternating Alpha h exfoliant wash
LE Instant Boost
Boots Snoxin serum
Alpha h absolute eye complex
Gatineau grommage a couple of times a week
LE Superskin
LE bust treatment (on my neck and throat)
LE body moisturiser
LE hand cream
Smashbox Poreless primer
Jemma Kidd perfector and brightner pen (can't recommend highly enough ~ I use it for everything)
LG B&B and Ethereal rose blush
Gatineau lipcare
Cargo eyeliner

P.M Liz Earle C&P
alternate between Alpha h age delay and alpha h liquid gold and Le superskin concentrate
Clinique eye cream
Gatineau lipcare
LE bust treatment
LE hand cream
LE body moisturiser

Once a week I do an Alpha H smoothing and perfection mask and I usually manage to fit some other potions in along the way. It's all so exhausting! (But good fun!!!)

Last edited:
Wow. When I started this thread I thought I'd get a response but doesn't it prove something? Le Q are doing exceptionally well in brainwashing us all into thinking that spending our well earned cash is maintaining/recapturing our youth?

Wow. When I started this thread I thought I'd get a response but doesn't it prove something? Le Q are doing exceptionally well in brainwashing us all into thinking that spending our well earned cash is maintaining/recapturing our youth?

You're probably right Bensmum! A quick slick of Ponds and we'd all be good to go! However I see my routine as just about the only time in the day spent dedicated to me and I have to say I thoroughly enjoy it. Whether or not it all works is debatable but (in spite of smoking) I'm told I don't look my age and strangers are amazed to find out I'm a nana so maybe it does! I guess I'm a bit trapped because I'm loathe to pack it all and test to see whether I fall to pieces or stay the same. All I know is I'm quite a vain person and I'm far too scared to have any surgical intervention so I gotta do what I gotta do!

Latest posts

Back