What a Con!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
This afternoon a Nina Leonard sleeveless featherweight layered top
188201 being sold at £19.96 PLUS £4.95 p & p

Now on is the TSV exercise machine at £125 and its £5.95 p & p

???????? now if the featherweight top was being returned, it will be around £2.30 second class and just under £3 for first class - I know, because I've returned so much 'stuff' in the past, so its ALL EXTRA PROFIT FOR QVC. Shameful.

???????? now if the featherweight top was being returned, it will be around £2.30 second class and just under £3 for first class - I know, because I've returned so much 'stuff' in the past, so its ALL EXTRA PROFIT FOR QVC. Shameful.

I bought a Helene Berman coat in the sale (really pleased with it) £5.95 p&p which I queried with CS the response was as it was from a premium designer the package was in keeping with that. I waited with baited breath from my "designer" packing only for a cardboard box to arrive in a QVC bag!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I was expecting after that build up but boy was I disappointed. However the coat I have to say is beautifully made. It's the mac with faux leather sleeves. I saw it first and it was £102 and loved the look of it by thought I'm not paying that for it forgot all about they saw it priced at £37.50 and pounced! So I really shouldn't complain about the p&p but I'm sure it had been £3.95 before. However as I say it's a beautiful garment. 👍

They pluck the P&P figures out of thin air. A few years ago I questioned why they were charging £3.95 for a set of three Molton Brown shower gels when the P&P on a set of the same size handwashes only cost £2.95. They couldn't answer me other than to say the cost of P&P also covers insurance... :unsure:

They pluck the P&P figures out of thin air. A few years ago I questioned why they were charging £3.95 for a set of three Molton Brown shower gels when the P&P on a set of the same size handwashes only cost £2.95. They couldn't answer me other than to say the cost of P&P also covers insurance... :unsure:
In my early days of shopping with QVC, I naively questioned Customer Services (‘naively’ because I hadn’t at that point realised how futile it is to contact them) about the cost of postage, as I had bought three low-priced items of jewellery and their total P&P charge was almost the cost of one of them. CS gave me the old insurance excuse as well. Complete nonsense! Each item arrived by Royal Mail and would have cost you or me little more than £1 to post, which covers you for up to £20 if it gets lost. Or you can pay another £1 for the Signed For service which covers you for up to £100. The only thing they’re insuring is their own huge profit on postage at our expense.

Big companies like QVC dont pay the postage cost we pay
Yeah, one way or another we do. It would just be nice to be ripped off in a way we understand!! QVC are so inconsistent. I do always look at the total cost of anything I might be considering buying (I take NO notice of the presenters quoting only the item price without postage) and if it’s £39.95, it doesn’t really matter to me whether that’s £37 and £2.95 or £34 and £5.95. But that’s only because I don’t usually buy just to try, on the offchance I’ll keep it (ie risking losing the P&P). Nearly all my purchases are of things I am familiar with, or am at least pretty sure I’ll want to keep. For anyone unsure (buying to use the MBG, as you say, boffy), or buying more than one for size/colour, it’s a real off-putter but perfect for the Q coffers as they’ve made a few quid before things even leave their warehouse.

I've just been conned too, and am in the throes of an email war at the moment.

On my torch website, they had a daily spin-wheel over the xmas period to win a prize. I tried every day, and on the last day I won a free gift.

This appeared in my shopping basket, showed as FREE GIFT, with a picture of a torch.

But I had to pay £4-95 PP to get it, but the torch cost much more than this, so I paid it.

It turns out that the torch was "for illustration only" and today I've received a fabric sew-on patch bearing the firm's name :(

It would cost me a 66P 2nd class stamp to return.

They've said I can return it for a refund, but it was free. They will NOT confirm they will refund my £4-95 after 3 times of asking.

They are based in NI so part of the UK, so they should refund it, but they will not say so.

So do I pay another 66P to return it, or £2-06 for a signature, so I will have already lost nearly 1/2 my refund? BTW their package didn't need a signature and took 7 days to arrive, but was tracked.

I just don't trust them to return my £4-95, but the item is completely useless to me, and I feel very angry about the con.

I've just been conned too, and am in the throes of an email war at the moment.

On my torch website, they had a daily spin-wheel over the xmas period to win a prize. I tried every day, and on the last day I won a free gift.

This appeared in my shopping basket, showed as FREE GIFT, with a picture of a torch.

But I had to pay £4-95 PP to get it, but the torch cost much more than this, so I paid it.

It turns out that the torch was "for illustration only" and today I've received a fabric sew-on patch bearing the firm's name :(

It would cost me a 66P 2nd class stamp to return.

They've said I can return it for a refund, but it was free. They will NOT confirm they will refund my £4-95 after 3 times of asking.

They are based in NI so part of the UK, so they should refund it, but they will not say so.

So do I pay another 66P to return it, or £2-06 for a signature, so I will have already lost nearly 1/2 my refund? BTW their package didn't need a signature and took 7 days to arrive, but was tracked.

I just don't trust them to return my £4-95, but the item is completely useless to me, and I feel very angry about the con.
I don’t think they can refuse to refund you the outward postage? You’re returning it within 14 days in the condition in which it was received. Just tell them you are claiming the P&P back under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

I don’t think they can refuse to refund you the outward postage? You’re returning it within 14 days in the condition in which it was received. Just tell them you are claiming the P&P back under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
Yes, in law that's right, but if they DON'T return it, what then? Not worth taking them to court for £4-95.

And the fact it was classed as a free gift complicates it, as they may just refund me £0 after I spend yet more money returning it!

That’s infuriating strato. If you have the appetite for a battle you could probably question the ‘for illustration purposes’. Was there any small print? You might have legal grounds for complaint but all you’d get is personal satisfaction. Could you complain loudly on the forum? You should warn everyone about the scam. You might hear something. I won a prize once, made the premium phone call and never heard a dickie bird. I couldn’t do a thing about it. Never again though!
Now that insurance companies have to give loyal customers the same deal as new customers I’m waiting for everyone’s quotes to go up. It seems inevitable to me, everyone will lose except the companies.

That’s infuriating strato. If you have the appetite for a battle you could probably question the ‘for illustration purposes’. Was there any small print? You might have legal grounds for complaint but all you’d get is personal satisfaction. Could you complain loudly on the forum? You should warn everyone about the scam. You might hear something. I won a prize once, made the premium phone call and never heard a dickie bird. I couldn’t do a thing about it. Never again though!
Now that insurance companies have to give loyal customers the same deal as new customers I’m waiting for everyone’s quotes to go up. It seems inevitable to me, everyone will lose except the companies.
I put it on their FB page and got dozens of replies (this started on 29th December) but many of them are telling me to forget about it and just put it down to experience.

But I am like a dog with a bone, I don't like giving up. The worst case scenario is that I just lose £4-95 (which is even worse than QVC 's postage for something I could post for 66p). But if I send it back, they may just say they never received it, unless I pay even more for a signature.

And they will NOT confirm they will refund the postage, so I will have to start quoting the law at them, and then it is no longer friendly.

This has bugged me for years, having seen higher P&P on items that obviously weigh less than other items, and aren't a "high value" item either and so when they say "this only costs "x" amount, I just add the P&P on and decide whether the item is worth the total cost and if not I don't buy it. They seem to alter the P&P alot on Skechers ..

Latest posts

Back