We've missed you! Here's a little treat to tempt you back to QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
Yes, really - it happened to someone I know who hadn't ordered for a while!

GET £10 OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £30

Best Wishes,
Julia Roberts, QVC presenter

P.S. Hurry, your £10 off your next purchase expires on 06/06/14

This must be a first, surely? They've never been too bothered about chasing customers for orders before, have they?

Nope, I got the same thing in April (forgot it was "signed" by Julia though.

I did use it - bought some Honora earrings so it worked!!

Poor Julia... It must be hard work sending all those letters out.

Do you think they'll pay her some overtime?

Ooooh sales must be down...panic at QVC towers!

It smacks of desperation to send out such letters I wonder if it generates much income with people spending when they would not had without the letter

They have been doing this over a few years now. I was waiting for mine but caved with the amethyst friendship bracelet.

The first is usually offering easy pay, you ignore and get another easy pay offer ignore again and you will get a £5 off offer. Now if you can ignore that one and wait another month or even two you get the £10 off, mine did not have a min spend but that was two years ago I think????

My friend also got one of these a while ago. I always end up succumbing to some TSV or other so doubt I'll ever get one.

i could use one of those, but i order too frequently, perhaps i'll stop for a bit :mysmilie_13:

Everyone else does it so why not Q, now if only I could stop ordering from them for long enough I might get one!!:mysmilie_59:

How long does one have to refrain from ordering? To be expected, really. As I said in another post, other outlets for the major brands which many of us used to buy from the Q, are offering such great deals and regular prices, with wider availability and cheap delivery, such as for yankee and easiyo, in my case, that it is not surpring. People will shop where they can get the most for their money and, unfortunately for the Q, it is not always QVC. I do think the 30 day mbg does persuade many to buy from the Q. Especially with items which are subjective, like food stuffs, skincare, candles and clothes. If it hadn't been for the mbg, I would have been stuck with 2 tablets. I just didn't take to them. Actually, without the mbg, I wouldn't have ordered them.
The world of retail is, undoubtedly, extremely competitive. To become first choice for the savvy shopper, you have to give them everything they want. To use yankee as a blueprint for successful trading, to give the yankee addict (facebook - brilliant group!) the option to pick and choose the scents they prefer. Same with easiyo. Especially with the latter, even when they are offered as oto, the saving is negated when you add the postage on.
It isn't rocket science, why doesn't the Q do a survey of it's millions of customers, asking why they would buy a certain item from the Q, rather than elsewhere? what will bring them back to QVC? Why are they not buying specific products from QVC? Throwing money off vouchers at them won't do it. the recipient will use it, then go back to shopping with other retailers.

Usually well over six months, was when I got the first £5 offer and a few months after that the £10. But then bugger all interested me from Q for long periods. I bought a Kindle which I was shocked to find cheaper than Amazon with the bundle and shipping back in October. I bought nothing until late last month and go no offers coming my way.

I have finally 'weaned' myself off Q - with the help of my Bank.

I had completely forgotten that my Bank had written to tell me they had upgraded my Visa card, and as a consequence 5 of my purchases from Q didn't materialise because I failed to upgrade the info on the card registered with them (it wasn't picked up because I always ordered via Q cut) - as a consequence they wrote to tell me they couldn't process the existing card. I called my Bank, wanting to know the problem, and they confirmed the upgrade.

Since then I haven't bothered to re-register, and its been my salvation ! no more spur of the moment purchases because of the rigmaroll of updating my info. Brill !!!!!

That's interesting because last year when my debit card ran out and the new one came, I rang QVC to tell them the new number, but they said they already had it! I've often wondered since how? I know I can have the odd senior moment, but I'm sure I hadn't given it to them! :wonder:

Latest posts

Back