WEN Haircare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Personally don't like the idea of washing any part of my body "just once per week". Gives me the icks.

I agree especially with all of the pollutants around us, not to mention how we sweat through our scalp, then there`s peoples cigarette smoke, cooking smells, build up of other hair products etc etc. I have short hair so it`s easy for me to wash it daily whilst showering but even if I had long hair I couldn`t wash it just once a week.

I'm doing reverse washing lately and it works for me ....conditioner then shampoo lol been great ;0) ...not wen though
:mysmilie_59:

Such mixed feelings for me on Wen, having already posted about it at the time of the TSV that I had rubbish results, I persisted anyway and got the hang of it and LOVED it, feeling the rinsing is a big factor on the success of Wen and will be rinsing well, whatever product I use on my hair from now on too. This was on the Almond mint, then recently I started on the Pomegranate and it just doesn't give the same results as the Almond mint. I feel like there's a residue left behind and my hair is greasy and heavy, just a day later. I have tried it with recommended 'pumpage' on my hair and this made it even worse so have gone back to less then went to just using it as a conditioner and now have finally given up and am back on ojon. After my original complete about face regarding Wen, I am now back to feeling disappointed and just can't risk the cost of buying a different 'scent' at the price it costs. So success all round eventually with the Almond mint for me, with long hair 6 pumps one wash and a couple more at the end if I felt like it around 3 times a week was lovely but Pomegranate, NOPE, not at all, whatever amount I used. It actually made my scalp itch a lot and I am wondering that because of having a sensitive scalp, it was just the wrong fruit ingredient, which considering mint and nuts reputation for sensitive scalps is a real surprise.

I have a bottle of Hair ONE conditioner in cucumber, thank to Vienna for the link, looks good, which I will see if it's ok but from that point on, will use reverse washing as I think that gives a better affect than standard shampoo then conditioner routine and definitely, rinse rinse rinse and finish with a cold blast. Thanks for the excellent advice, Donna255, Louise66 and Akimbo.

Hey me too, didn't know anyone else did that. It's good and means I get all my tangles out then lather up after.
I`ve done it for years because I use organic coconut oil on my hair, rub it in, leave it for as long as I can then shampoo out. I began using coconut oil around 10 years ago when my first husband was ill and subsequently died. I wasn`t eating, wasn`t sleeping, was under massive stress and my hair began to fall out and was in really bad condition, so dry and dull. I`ve stuck with it, buy it off ebay and it`s food grade not cosmetic coconut oil and funnily enough my hairdresser says she can`t get over how thick my hair is and how quickly it grows. Reverse washing obviously works for me.

I`ve done it for years because I use organic coconut oil on my hair, rub it in, leave it for as long as I can then shampoo out. I began using coconut oil around 10 years ago when my first husband was ill and subsequently died. I wasn`t eating, wasn`t sleeping, was under massive stress and my hair began to fall out and was in really bad condition, so dry and dull. I`ve stuck with it, buy it off ebay and it`s food grade not cosmetic coconut oil and funnily enough my hairdresser says she can`t get over how thick my hair is and how quickly it grows. Reverse washing obviously works for me.

Hi Vienna
I've never heard of that what an interesting tip, thank you, I have some organic raw coconut oil, the food type that I bought to use on my skin but I find it doesn't really absorb enough so its sat in the cupboard as I didn't want to waste it. It sounds like at a time of absolutely terrible stress for you it helped restore your hair when it was so challenged.

Mmm well having got home from having my gallbladder removed last Thursday (not pleasant having a general with respiratory disease but I'm sure there are others much worse off than me and I got through it) I'm looking to be kind to myself whilst I'm off work and will have a bit more time to spend on my hair when I can wash it (hurts too much at the moment!) and so I will give that a go as it sounds just the ticket I could do with a boost skin and hair wise.
Thanks again xxx

Hi Vienna
I've never heard of that what an interesting tip, thank you, I have some organic raw coconut oil, the food type that I bought to use on my skin but I find it doesn't really absorb enough so its sat in the cupboard as I didn't want to waste it. It sounds like at a time of absolutely terrible stress for you it helped restore your hair when it was so challenged.

Mmm well having got home from having my gallbladder removed last Thursday (not pleasant having a general with respiratory disease but I'm sure there are others much worse off than me and I got through it) I'm looking to be kind to myself whilst I'm off work and will have a bit more time to spend on my hair when I can wash it (hurts too much at the moment!) and so I will give that a go as it sounds just the ticket I could do with a boost skin and hair wise.
Thanks again xxx
I hope you soon feel better LT. Melt the oil between your hands , rub into dry hair, leave as long as you can before shampooing out and for an extra treat massage in the oil, put your feet up, wrap a warm towel around your hair and relax for a while. It will give it a really good deep condition. I don`t use it everyday, twice a week at most but it`s certainly helped my hair over the years. Get well soon btw.

I hope you soon feel better LT. Melt the oil between your hands , rub into dry hair, leave as long as you can before shampooing out and for an extra treat massage in the oil, put your feet up, wrap a warm towel around your hair and relax for a while. It will give it a really good deep condition. I don`t use it everyday, twice a week at most but it`s certainly helped my hair over the years. Get well soon btw.

Aww thank you and thanks for the tips. I've certainly got plenty of time on my hands at the moment so I'll give it a go next time I do my hair. The putting feet up and relaxing bit sounds like the best bit and if my hair is better for it too what a lovely bonus :)

Aww thank you and thanks for the tips. I've certainly got plenty of time on my hands at the moment so I'll give it a go next time I do my hair. The putting feet up and relaxing bit sounds like the best bit and if my hair is better for it too what a lovely bonus :)

Get well soon Lady Tia ....you might end up on a an advert! ..can't remember why I tried reversed but it must have been on here ...;0):sun::clapping::mysmilie_480:

Yes I do reverse washing too and I have posted on here about it in the past . Others do too :)

I would think the first commercial conditioning pre-wash would have been VO5 Hot Oil (which I still use for a change occasionally). I used to use it quite a lot until it got expensive so I experimented with a conditioner that I wasn't keen on. Similar results so I still pre-condition except when using Wen or doing a pre-colour clarifying wash. If I have a conditioner I've tried and am not keen on, this method saves it going in the bin as I can slap it on without feeling guilty.

I've also tried Wen as a conditioner post normal shampoo wash, but not had as good results with it like this.

Alter Ego can I ask what you use as a pre-colour clarifying wash?

Mainly the clarifying one from Tresemme (one of my few shampoo repeat purchases ever - it has vitamin C in it and green writing on the bottle. I had a load of trouble finding the right one as some of the bottles looked similar to me). I've also used and loved Redken's Cleansing Creme, but the Tresemme one does the job as well for a lot less. The Redken is very luxurious, though, if you like that kind of thing.

Latest posts

Back