Wearable Christmas motifs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Christmas jumpers from Asda/Tesco especially if discounted - ok if that's your thing.

Pandora type charm - ok will be pretty discreet to wear all year.

An Eek charm bracelets made up entirely of 12 days of Christmas at over 95 squid plus postage??????

Clearly not something to wear at Easter then.

Some people do have a weird concept of what's appropriate for Christmas. One year I unwrapped a gift on Christmas Day from a long standing friend (although what possessed her, Lord above knows) - it was a Christmas ornament ! er, WHY ?

I have a snowflake eek pendant that's is lovely. I tend only to wear it in the run up to Christmas but it is lovely and not too in your face Christmassy.

Talking of Pandora I'm loving the reindeer charm. Its so cute!!

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Christmas jumper. Children wearing them I can understand, even granny or grand dad on Christmas morning perhaps. Adults on TV, yes QVC I have seen some there, made the wearer just look really stupid. Oh and you just know the QVC presenters were forced to wear theirs to help sales. You sad desperate company you should be smacked round the head with a roll of wrapping paper.

I had a Christmas jumper given me years ago...I am still trying to pick up courage to wear it...I can't see me in it..it is very red with lots of detail and embellishment. (as the presenters would say) :mysmilie_17:

Years ago a work colleague/friend bought me a Christmas jumper because we decided we'd all wear one on our last day at work before Christmas, everyone was giggling at mine and me like a fool laughed along with them thinking it was the booze, wasn't till days later I asked my friend why was everyone giggling and it was then she told me that because were the Christmas bells were positioned it made me look like I had nipple tassels on...........with friends like that hey :mysmilie_17:

Just editing to say, that traumatic incident has put me off ever wearing a Christmas jumper again for fear of another nipplegate :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
Last year my daughter in law bought me a Christmas apron but its still unopened in its packet. I`m not into Christmassy themed clothes, hats or jewellery, not because I`m a miserable so and so but because I`m one of those people who`d rather just fade into the background and observe rather than participate.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Christmas jumper. Children wearing them I can understand, even granny or grand dad on Christmas morning perhaps. Adults on TV, yes QVC I have seen some there, made the wearer just look really stupid. Oh and you just know the QVC presenters were forced to wear theirs to help sales. You sad desperate company you should be smacked round the head with a roll of wrapping paper.

I thought I was one of the few who felt like that but I agree I wouldn't be seen dead in a Christmas jumper. Seeing middle aged women wearing tinsel in their hair or silly Christmas hats makes me cringe. Sorry if others like that kind of thing and I'm not a youngster being ageist as I definitely fit into the category of middle aged women.

I have to say that I was so tempted to buy my 5 year old great nephew a jumper that said "Dear Santa, I can explain........" I didn't though as I thought it was really just throwing money away.

I have to say that I was so tempted to buy my 5 year old great nephew a jumper that said "Dear Santa, I can explain........" I didn't though as I thought it was really just throwing money away.

That sounds lovely, things like that are great for children.

I wouldn't wear Christmas themed stuff either.Im hard pressed to wear the paper hat from the cracker ,but I usually give in so I don't seem miserable.

Just me then - in my lovely jumper with antlers on my head?

I've got several crimbo jumpers, a shirt with little puddings on it, t-shirts for bed time and a christmas Pandora bracelet with a full set of charms including red and green murano glass spacers (and an Ohm jingle bell charm as a special extra).

I've already booked to go to the Albert Hall Christmas Singalong, I'm going to a couple of local carol concerts, booked on the Santa Express at Longleat, a couple of crimbo market trips planned in the diary.... Decorations will go up tomorrow and my christmas playlist is ready to go!

Yeah, I'm the north side of 50 but, hey, I'm gonna wear my jumpers with a smile on my face, singing along to Wham playing Last Christmas and with the faint jingling from my bracelet in the background.......and I'll be loving every minute of it!!!

TW - great that you enjoy it all (Q must have been a real joy for you since June:mysmilie_11:)

My original post was the fact that the Eek bracelet which was totally Christmas themed was just a few pence short of 100 squid which seems an awful lot for such a restricted item.

Personally I hate Christmas and all associated with it, I only do what I do out iof duty, left to me it would be a no go zone.

My Pandora Christmas bracelet -with its bits bought over a number of years and received as presents - has probably cost around £400 to put together :blush:... I wear it for the whole of December and will for many years to come so I think that's good value in the longer run.

Looking at the Christmas pudding, sleigh, candy canes, snowman etc just puts a smile on my face.

The Eek bracelet is silver so it *should* also last many years and be enjoyed along the way. I guess it's all down to personal taste... or I was dropped on my head as a baby :mysmilie_43:.

For the past few years I've asked my children to just get me a Christmas jumper because I thought I should now be able to wear one and get away with it on the grounds of age and infirmity, and it makes their present buying easier, too, but each year I have a firm, "No, mother!" in the same tone of voice I recognize using with them many moons ago. I'm apparently not getting one this year, either, nor am I being encouraged to get one myself, though I might just turn up for dinner in a QVC sweater, a pound shop flashing brooch and antlers, just for the hell of it, and risk being ostracised on Christmas day.

I bought myself a lovely Xmas jumper today from Primark! It's a lovely soft grey with little penguins on it. I shall wear with pride on; a) Xmas jumper day, b) my God daughter's 8th birthday (just before Xmas), and c) when we get home from Xmas lunch (we're going out for lunch, and I think my jumper's probably best kept for wearing at home!)

I must say though I do love Christmas and always have jumpers, antlers and Father Christmas hats on hand for any family visitors that wants to wear them on Christmas Day, my husband never takes his Christmas hat off all day and has bought a Father Christmas outfit this year for our first grandchild, not that he'll notice though he'll only be five weeks old.

Now I love Christmas, got the same tree since 1999, buy a good quality bauble for it in the January sales every year. Love putting my Yankee Candle Christmas themed accessories out, and I have been playing my "that's Christmas" CD every year without fail since I still lived with my mum when I came home from uni in 1996.

My children and hubby wear their Christmas jumpers with pride, but I don't really like them and I am usually the only one at the table without the hat from the cracker on my head. I wear my normal clothes, but not in a "baa humbug" way.

Now that 12 days of Christmas charm bracelet is right up my street! I can see myself wearing that every year until it breaks! As I did not buy any Tarte, or L'Occitane, or Elemis, or Philosopy, or Gatineau, or Molten Brown.... I will get this.... on the basis that it will be returned if it isn't good quality. It will remind me of the 12 days of Christmas primary school play I did. I was one of the pipers piping with my recorder!

I'll wear the hats and have a laugh doing so it's just the jumpers, I do that much running round Christmas Day I prefer a nice, loose cotton shirt something I can be cool in (cool as in not hot, not cool as in trendy) I wouldn't feel comfortable in a jumper.

Latest posts

Back