wayne the chef

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We saw him on bid plus buggering up steak n' chips in a halogen oven. How does he manage to under do a steak, at the same time as burning the chips? He even broke one in half to demonstrate how light and fluffy they were on the inside. Well, he had a job to break one as it was so hard, and the inside was far from fluffy, yet he proceeded to mmm and aah about them whilst Mark, the presenter took at least four minutes to chew a small piece of steak they'd cut off. It was very hilarious!

He has just put Ham in Chicken Teriyaki - is that right? Im not an expert in Chinese Food but can anyone clarify?

We saw him on bid plus buggering up steak n' chips in a halogen oven. How does he manage to under do a steak, at the same time as burning the chips? He even broke one in half to demonstrate how light and fluffy they were on the inside. Well, he had a job to break one as it was so hard, and the inside was far from fluffy, yet he proceeded to mmm and aah about them whilst Mark, the presenter took at least four minutes to chew a small piece of steak they'd cut off. It was very hilarious!

And that isn't even live, you would think they would redo it :s

PJ

And that isn't even live, you would think they would redo it :s

PJ

They're too cheap to redo the film. Answer me this guys, name one other shopping channel that has shown videos of products that aren't the actual exact same model, or sometimes even brand, on sale but 'very smiliar'?

He only cooks the steak on one side and he reckons it's done. The chips are soooooo thick and cooked on such a high temp that they burn before they have a chance to soften.

Mouthwatering stuff!

on again

my chinese girlfriend is home at this time of day for once as she is ill

why that man put ham in chinese?

in bits here

I was feeling a bit low this morning but after reading through this thread I'm feeling so much better. I've been crying with laughter reading the descrptions of Wayne's antics. I've watched him on air a number of times and agree that he is pure comic gold. A real antidote for the monday blues - as was reading through this thread:giggle:

He made a lovely sounding Tomato Soup earlier. It was complicated though:-

2 tins of tomatoes which he said cost 20p each
Mixed Herbs
Oregano

I'm sure that was pretty much it. His top tip was you could add cream or milk though to achieve that tinned tomato soup flavour, in a soup maker.

Last edited:

Mixed Herbs
Oregano

I'm sure that was pretty much it. His top tip was you could add cream or milk though to achieve that tinned tomato soup flavour, in a soup maker.

Sounds delish........couldn't you just plop them in a saucepan and heat?

Sounds delish........couldn't you just plop them in a saucepan and heat?

Well that did cross my mind too Momma but if they only cost 20p a tin I assume they were plum tomatoes that needed chopping up. I think they would need a bit more help than a few dried herbs though!

God love him.

Last edited:
I suppose if he'd got tinned chopped tomatoes it would have defeated the object :wink:

That crossed my mind too but why add cream so it tastes like tinned tomato soup?

Easier to just buy a tin in the first place!

That ring sold out, quite amazing.

Mixed Herbs
Oregano

No, he's made tinned tomatoes with herbs lol! Adding a bit of cream or milk, now that will change the colour a bit, and also render it inedible - But that's R Wayne for you!

You can actually make quite a nice soup using tinned tomatoes at the base, but you need to blend the tomatoes right down, add fried onions and garlic, salt and pepper, FRESH basil and a small amount of sugar, as that will take away the "tinny taste". Drizzle a little cream on top if you wish, but fgs don't pour milk or cream in the mix, it'll unbalance all the flavours!

Can you still get tins of toms for 20p?

Latest posts

Back