waxed, tinted and preened

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I prefer a powder and brush, I could never make pencil look good. I'm using a Bobbi brown eye shadow at the moment, took me ages to find one with no warmth to it

One of my main problems has been getting a proper shape. I pluck my eyebrows but nearly always end up with one looking better than the other and have, sometimes, gone a bit overboard. I've never tried powder and brush on my eyebrows in case it looked very clogged up.

I am indeed a winter, bizarrely I was born with red hair but it darked pretty quickly to brown, neither my hair or my brows are black but I do look very silly with any kind of red-toned brown on my brows. I use saddle it is a cool dark brown, maybe with a hint of grey. It does go on very dark as my mum has black brows and I have used it on her, but I would think if you usually use black it wouldn't be dark enough. I find it looks natural though, I have outline to my brows but the 'middle' hairs disappeared some time ago, so I NEED brows!

One of my main problems has been getting a proper shape. I pluck my eyebrows but nearly always end up with one looking better than the other and have, sometimes, gone a bit overboard. I've never tried powder and brush on my eyebrows in case it looked very clogged up.

I always have one better than the other! And it's usually the one that is mostly hidden by my fringe!

I like it because you can put the tiniest amount on the brush and blend, plus if I put too much on a 'spooly' sorts it out

Last edited:
They used to sell, think it was Q where you were able to shade in the shape of your brows using a plastic template that you put over the brow and then filled it in with a brush? Don't know if anyone can remember/used it?

well as Shavata says, brows are sisters, not twins...I've got one higher than the other, bit Roger Moore-ish! I've tried the darkest brown pencils, and greys, but never found anything other than black dark enough...

I had my bald patches tattooed in a few years back - NO not like Katie Price / Jordan - & it made a tremendous difference.
They've faded a bit now, but then so have I.
I now use Revitabrow and it's great.

27 had a very thin eyeliner tattooed on her upper and lower lash line before she left the UK this summer and I was blown away by how good it looked.
If I did not have eye issues I'd have been next in the beautician's chair.

well as Shavata says, brows are sisters, not twins...I've got one higher than the other, bit Roger Moore-ish! I've tried the darkest brown pencils, and greys, but never found anything other than black dark enough...

Yes, I've got a Roger Moore thing going on too lol

They used to sell, think it was Q where you were able to shade in the shape of your brows using a plastic template that you put over the brow and then filled it in with a brush? Don't know if anyone can remember/used it?

oh yes, I tried those - a disaster. It was difficult to place them correctly and my brows were more lopsided with them and thick. I looked like Groucho Marx. All I needed was a ceegar lol

I don't need my brows done or tinted because I'm blonde and have a fringe anyway. I'd love to have my lashes tinted though. I've used Revitalash and have had great results with it but my lashes are still blonde (despite the fact that lashes sometimes get darker after using it) so I still have to use mascara. I'll have to look up places near me to see how much it would cost, but I doubt I'll find it as cheap as £16.50, dollydimple. That sounds like a real bargain!!

Do you know, i've spent a lot of money on my hair in the past - some places I've been to, i thought i was paying for bed and breakfast 'cos the bill was so high! A couple of years ago, a couple of young girls opened a hair salon near me - I don't have to use the car, can walk there - and although i was a bit reluctant to give it a try, it was one of the best things I've done. The business has grown, with several more hairdressers working there and they opened the beauty section upstairs last year and it's a lovely friendly place but very modern too. The prices are so reasonable and I don't feel cheated or not instyle because I am not going to one of the high end, high expense places now. They've suggested different hair styles / treatments for me and invariably, i love what they do. I'm more than satisfied with the salon.

I had my bald patches tattooed in a few years back - NO not like Katie Price / Jordan - & it made a tremendous difference.

27 had a very thin eyeliner tattooed on her upper and lower lash line before she left the UK this summer and I was blown away by how good it looked.

yikes, that is one thing that would scare me, having anything tattooed near my eyes ( or anywhere) - ouchy.

Ooooh I was looking at having a thin eyeliner tattooed on. How much would I expect to pay?

as a teenager to make us look older we used to put mascara on our eyebrows to get into over 16's disco's , it was the solid block stuff that you spat on mind you :grin:, so did the boys who had bum fluff tashes

Not really Carol I'm still looking. They're either too black so it's nigh on impossible to get it looking natural. Or they're too pale. I've discovered I'm better with a brush than a pencil. Better at getting a neutral looking result I mean. I use an old, clean mascara brush for getting them into shape. And I use something a hair wax or serum to keep them from wandering about. I must admit that since I've been regularly brushing them and fixing them with hair wax they have become easier to manage.

I'm using a powder brow colour from BE at the minute called brunette but that's a bit grey somehow. It's the best I've found and it was a bargain at a fiver. It's a really small pot but it'll last forever.

I nearly succumbed and bought the YBF brow pencils but I can't see how the colour would work for me.

Latest posts

Back