Warehouse Clearance (again!)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam

Registered Shopper
Well, bid shopping are doing their end of year clearance. They've actually made a bit of an effort with the studio today, though - there are wooden palettes instead of the usual pods.

Unfortunately, the sales are still the same. I've no idea how much stuff usually sells for, but the pace for a clearance event is just far too slow.

The original Warehouse Clearance event had fast-paced auctions with a sense of urgency. If bid used a four-minute timer for the start of each product and revealed the clearance price half-way through, things might be a little better. It'd make things less boring, anyway.

On the plus side, I'm quite enjoying watching Guy Kean this morning.

Well, bid shopping are doing their end of year clearance. They've actually made a bit of an effort with the studio today, though - there are wooden palettes instead of the usual pods.

Unfortunately, the sales are still the same. I've no idea how much stuff usually sells for, but the pace for a clearance event is just far too slow.

The original Warehouse Clearance event had fast-paced auctions with a sense of urgency. If bid used a four-minute timer for the start of each product and revealed the clearance price half-way through, things might be a little better. It'd make things less boring, anyway.

On the plus side, I'm quite enjoying watching Guy Kean this morning.

Just have a look at the website price. I bet they will still try and get more than that price and if that fails it will almost certainly go for no lower.

They recently sold some gold plated tanzanite rings for well over £700 that are always £229.00 on the website, completely and utterly scandalous.

I find Guy Kean to be misleading, indeed I have a pending ASA complaint as he said your rooftop TV aerial cannot receive digital signals so you needed to buy the pathetic indoor aerial he was flogging, utterly incredulous.

Last edited:
Mark Ryes sold the 10" Yarvik Tablet last night for £199.96. He said it was in clearance, but that's the same price it a;ways sells for! They seem to just use the word clearance to make things look like a bargain!

Liars and cheats!!

Mark Ryes sold the 10" Yarvik Tablet last night for £199.96. He said it was in clearance, but that's the same price it a;ways sells for! They seem to just use the word clearance to make things look like a bargain!

Liars and cheats!!

Indeed Radio, kind of proves my point in my earlier post.

They appear simply incapable of being totally candid with their victims (sorry customers). I doubt even Andy would say it's the same price as previously.

Last edited:
Mark Ryes had some RoC eye stuff in 'clearance' that I saw Sally sell a few hours earlier and I'm sure hers went for less than his :confused2:

Steve MacDonald is the king of clearance imo :happy:

I never notice any difference in the prices in warehouse clearance or when there is no clearance.
In fact I think I have seen a couple of items sell for more in the warehouse clearance than other times.

I never notice any difference in the prices in warehouse clearance or when there is no clearance.
In fact I think I have seen a couple of items sell for more in the warehouse clearance than other times.

Yep totally agree, the ice & snow melt was sold on their sister channel Price Plunge for £7.99 + p&p & the £1.53 call to order the other nite. Not bad compared to the price generally to be fair as I googled it. Just now, however in the mega end of year clearance on Bid, the same twin pack of the stuff went to £9.99? HUH?! CLEARANCE???

Why put the clock on the screen?

Surely if you want to clear the warehouse you want to get rid of all the items :taphead:

Turns out this clearance is a little bit different.. it's a WAREHOUS CLEARANCE.

3ehWul.jpg

Latest posts

Back