Waitlist Cancellation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
I got a letter yesterday saying my order for some Markon boots I had on waitlist had been cancelled because they cannot get any more stock. However I checked today and they are still available (same size and colour) to order on waitlist. Could this be because my order was at a special price of £34.98 and the same boots are now £49? I emailed and said if the boots can still be ordered on waitlist then I want my order reinstated. I await a response.

I got a letter yesterday saying my order for some Markon boots I had on waitlist had been cancelled because they cannot get any more stock. However I checked today and they are still available (same size and colour) to order on waitlist. Could this be because my order was at a special price of £34.98 and the same boots are now £49? I emailed and said if the boots can still be ordered on waitlist then I want my order reinstated. I await a response.

I hope you do get your boots at the special price.

I think QVC do this sort of thing often, for the reason you state. Keep us posted:1:

They seem to do whatever they like with waitlists. I ordered the Slanket when it had sold out as the TSV. It was on waitlist at the TSV price. I kept looking out for it and it came back in stock months ago but never got despatched, but I also never got the email cancelling it.

Last week, lo and behold, I was looking at my Account to check whether an item had been received back, and there it was saying Shipped, at the TSV price. All I can think is that they got it back in stock and didn't send it out as they didn't want to sell it at the lower price, but then no-one has bought it so they decided it was better to sell at the lower price than not at all.

Do you know how long the boots have been back in stock? I know that the Slanket was back in stock not that long after the TSV day - just had a look and it was a TSV in October, and was finally shipped in January.

Someone on here said that there must be 10 of an item in stock before waitlist orders start being fulfilled. I would call CS and see if they can sort this for you.

Do you know how long the boots have been back in stock? I know that the Slanket was back in stock not that long after the TSV day - just had a look and it was a TSV in October, and was finally shipped in January.

The colour I want hasn't come back into stock yet but it is still showing as available to order on waitlist. Normally the waitlist option is removed if the item is not coming back into stock.

They usually take you off waitlist after a number of days - they did that for halo when I first got it and I just ordered it again on waitlist however it wasn't on a special price. Phone CS and say that you would like to put the boots on waitlist again and see whether they will give you it at the special price - but I doubt they will!

Here's what the website says: -

3.1 Some products that are currently out of stock are available to order using our Waitlist service. We will advise you if this option is available when you place your order.

3.2 Waitlist means you can order a product immediately and we will despatch it to you if it comes back in to stock in the next 90 days. You may only pay for Waitlist items with your credit/debit card. Your credit/debit card will not be charged until the product has been despatched. If stock does not arrive within the next 90 days the order will be cancelled and we will inform you by post.

3.3 Waitlist orders are fulfilled in the order that they are received. When new stock arrives, the customers who ordered first will receive their products first. If your credit/debit card expires or is no longer valid or if payment is not authorised we reserve the right to cancel your order and notify you by post. If your address changes and you do not notify us we reserve the right to cancel your order

Topaz, I too had these boots on wait list in Teal, the 90 day deadline for me was 17th Jan, I rang before that date and asked could they put them on a further 90 days which they did, then promply cancelled them. I phoned again after a load of haggling cs
reinstated at the reduced price, plus at the time they were on three easy pay, the system would not let her do that, so she said she would contact another area for them to reinstate it. I don't know whether that was a success or not. But at least the boots are not at the price of £49. Now have to wait and if they come in again in the time limit.

Latest posts

Back