Vitamix?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
I was very tempted last time they were on so have set myself to watch the 5pm airing but I had to turn it over as charlie was doing my head in - i cannot watch him during shows with food!!

So I'll ask you all instead... are they really as good as they say?

Personally I don't like it.......I LoVe it!! .....worth every penny ....best kitchen appliance next to my slow cooker that I own......i make green smoothies and they are fab for curbing constant sugar cravings ....and so nutritious ...i put spinach in with some fruit etc and it's so healthy ...my nails have become stronger and hair shinier i swear since I've been making them ....had mind for at least 3 years.....I need to mke more soups etc but I love it .....best blender ever inmho ...a bit noisy is my only criticism....:mysmilie_59:

Whether it is worth so much money is difficult to evaluate as I have only had a handheld and then a Kenwood before buying the Vitamix. I love mine and use it everyday. Some people say the BLENDTEC which is sold on Ideal World is as good and is at least £100 cheaper. I do feel that I have bought the best though and have no regrets. If the house was burning down I might well rush into the kitchen and get it.

I love mine as well.
I was given it by my X mother in law who used to demonstrate them at places like the Ideal home Show and in the big department stores over 15 years ago now and I had no idea just how much they cost until I first saw it demonstrated on I.W i nearly fell of my sofa in shock.
While I don't use it every day I would be lost with out it.
I last used it to grind down dried chick peas to make gram flour for a recipe I was making witch only need 150g so I didn't want to have to buy a big bag of it.
So in answer to your question if you are a cook who likes to cook then yes it is for you but if you don't enjoy cooking then I would get a NINJA and save your money for something else.

I have certainly had value for money and its strong as anything ....I cant really imagine me buying another when and if this one conks out :muscle:

thank you for all your comments, I've not taken the plunge just yet, as when i went to order it the colour i wanted (red) had sold out - darn charlie!!!

But I'm on waitlist - but i have just had a thought, if someone returns one does that mean i might get that one?

I have the red one. It is not a bright red but more of a Burgundy/maroon colour. I'm happy with that colour and it was what I expected though some people were surprised at the colour.
The QVc one is the big 2l jug. It will not fit under most people's worktops. Not a problem for me as I have a space where it can stand and the jug spends a lot of its time on the draining board.
Lakeland sell a few models. The Aspire at £399. I think it may have a1.5 litre jug but not sure. I personally like the 2 litre jug from QVC. I think both only have a 5 year guarantee whilst the professional model has a 7 year guarantee.

I've no doubt the Vitamix is an excellent machine but the Omniblend from Ideal World is £100 cheaper and fits under my worktop. We use it every single day for smoothies, puddings etc - after the kettle and microwave, it's my most used kitchen appliance. It does everything the Vitamix does and I'm delighted that I bought it when it was on offer last year.

They're undoubtedly good blenders but horrendously priced. I decided to give the latest Philips Avance HR2096/01 a go instead. It's the updated version of a Which? Best Buy and at £79 in John Lewis is handling everything I throw at it. I'm on green smoothies too at the moment and it doesn't struggle with anything - even those pesky tough little flaxseeds are smoothly blitzed in my drink. I really couldn't justify paying £400+ for a Vitamix that essentially I would use for the same thing.

There is a great video comparison series on YouTube by a guy who knows a lot about the vita mix, blendtec and omni. I saw three video and I would say they are well worth a watch! Hardly any difference between the three! I personally would probably choose the blendtec because I prefer the style and it has buttons that do automated things and stops automatically when done or you can also control yourself. Has no tamper but the blade works in a different way than vita mix so isn't needed and comes with more than one jar usually. It also has a slightly bigger motor than vita mix. I prefer the style and fits under counter. Omniblend seems to me to be what a blender would be like if the vita mix and blendtec had a baby! It has features of both in it, blatantly copied. Has blendtec similar lid but comes with small tamper! My parents have a vitamix they got from John Lewis and I am constantly using it when I'm round there! You can also buy vitamix and blendtec from Costco if are a member and don't want to pay delivery. They also have a great return policy and long warranty :)
http://www.youtube.com/blenderguy to watch the videos or http://www.blenderguy.com to look at his site.

I bought a Vitamix and sent it back. The two reasons were that its HUGE, really tall. My kitchen isn't tiny but I had trouble finding space for it anywhere. I might have struggled on but the noise is appalling. It may not be much noisier than a standard blender but a standard blender is only run for seconds, maybe a minute and this needs to run for much longer for the cook function which was the only thing i could see different from other blenders.

I love my Vitamix.

I use mine on a wooden chopping block with a silicone mat under it and those have lessened the noise considerably.

As to the height, I haven't found it a problem as I prefer the larger jug but you could store the jug next to the base and then it would fit under eye level cupboards.

Latest posts

Back