Very Expensive New Bedding Range Frette at Home 09/05/14 8pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very Expensive New Bedding Range Frette at Home 09/05/14 8pm

It is very expensive but some people seem to pay unbelievable amounts for cosmetics/handbags/fashion, I dare say the new bedding range will find a place on qvc ...with luck they may even push the "beige lady" out lol. I wonder how many sets CR will buy.I will stay loyal to NN.:mysmilie_59:

I couldn't believe it this morning when I got my Tesco vouchers in the post. They only have Frette bedding on offer atm

For every tenner you spend you get one stamp & when you have 10 stamps you can buy a bedding item (two designs & also candles,reeds & dressing gowns) at greatly reduced prices.

A king size duvet is 36e so probably about 30 pounds.

This Frette linen is a little luxury you can enjoy every day. It is made from the same highest quality cotton sateen as the fashion collection, so it feels beautifully soft, smooth and comfortable to the touch.

This designer duvet cover, fitted sheet and pillow ensemble is carried forward every season, allowing you to replace or purchase additional items should you require them. Doppio Ajour is available in cool white or classic ivory and features cotton satin with two rows of fine hemstitching detail. Doppio Ajour is part of the Frette Essentials bed linen collection has a thread count of 295.

Pillowcases

Standard £135.00 Qty:

Super King £140.00 Qty:

the above prices are just for pillow cases!

Last edited:
This Frette linen is a little luxury you can enjoy every day. It is made from the same highest quality cotton sateen as the fashion collection, so it feels beautifully soft, smooth and comfortable to the touch.

This designer duvet cover, fitted sheet and pillow ensemble is carried forward every season, allowing you to replace or purchase additional items should you require them. Doppio Ajour is available in cool white or classic ivory and features cotton satin with two rows of fine hemstitching detail. Doppio Ajour is part of the Frette Essentials bed linen collection has a thread count of 295.

Now, if I didn't know better, I'd say that was advertising spiel direct from the mouth of a QVC or Frette employee.

Who do you think you're kidding? The only way to market bedding at these silly prices is as an aspirational item that will bring your home up to celebrity standards. Sorry - a lot of us can see through that to the price tag. £80 for a pair of pillowcases? Who's kidding who? Give me cozee home, northern nights, dunelm or the gohs every time. They do the job just as well.

But if you really MUST have this bedding range, why not buy one for your child's teacher, too? You'll save on p&p if you buy two identical items.

When it comes to spending money, I am told I am mean and, quite frankly, I am unable to disagree. I will spend anything on my boxers, but myself is another matter. It took me ages to buy myself a good bed, but I am so pleased I did, as it is so comfortable. I can justify that. Bed linen is NN, Cozee Home and KH. I simply cannot accept that a 290tc duvet set is worth the money it is being sold for. Cozee is so warm and comfy and NN is my staple and, whilst I don't think it's uber expensive bedding, it may be a little more than some people are prepared to pay. The Frette range is beautifully designed but even the eye catching patterns won't persuade me to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a lesser quality product.
As I always say, however, if you work hard for your money, and can afford it, buy what you want. As another poster commented, when you consider what some people spend on handbags, it kind of puts things in to perspective.

I couldn't believe it this morning when I got my Tesco vouchers in the post. They only have Frette bedding on offer atm

For every tenner you spend you get one stamp & when you have 10 stamps you can buy a bedding item (two designs & also candles,reeds & dressing gowns) at greatly reduced prices.

A king size duvet is 36e so probably about 30 pounds.
Out Tesco currently has a knife set on offer, 5 vouchers gets you a price reduction. Have you had these in Ireland? You may be ahead of us over there, and Frette is coming to a store near us. Soon! Be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the Q if it does. See, this would make me even more reluctant to spend so much on the range, when it is 'on offer' at Tesco.

Out Tesco currently has a knife set on offer, 5 vouchers gets you a price reduction. Have you had these in Ireland? You may be ahead of us over there, and Frette is coming to a store near us. Soon! Be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the Q if it does. See, this would make me even more reluctant to spend so much on the range, when it is 'on offer' at Tesco.

Yes Louise, the knives have just finished over here & now it's the glorious Frette. Only two choices,a white Roma option(self stripes) & a Milano option (white with taupe).

Not like the Republic of Ire to get offers before the UK :happy:

I have no idea whether Frette is worth the money or not (I suspect not, but I haven't slept in it, so I cannot know).

However, the Q has created a massive rod for its own back. They have been boring on about thread counts since NN joined the party.

After more than a decade of 'high TC = unbelievable gorgeous, strokey, silky, quality' they will have a very hard sell to convince people that a poxy 290TC is worth those prices.

Mind you, I would take the Frette lady over Ms Hoppen any day!!!

Last edited:
I go only buy Egyptian cotton myself, but on go ebay and get seconds usually. Hey I don't care about a minor flaw in the weave. Great prices and lasts a long time. Same when buying new duvets ebay and got Silentnight ones for a great price. I like the summer and autumn versions so change according to the season, oh and no duck for me thank you.

803016 Frette at Home Madison 500gsm supersoft cotton terry 5 piece towel set at the bargain event price of £52.98. Includes one hand towel, one bath towel, one bath sheet and, wait for it - two face cloths. Sounds like trades description act being breached here. As I have never felt anything from this range, I cannot comment on the quality; it may be luxury personified. But, even if it was, there is absolutely no way I would pay just shy of £60, incl postage, for what is basically three towels and a couple of flannels. The bedlinen in this range I would consider expensive for the tc. But there is a huge difference, imo, in paying a higher price for a duvet set, under which you will sleep for a few hours each night, so want to feel comfortable and cosy, and paying over the top for some towels. I think the NN towels are, when postage is added, not exactly cheap but, compared to this range, they are bargain basement! Well, not quite, but you get my point.

Latest posts

Back