Veronese

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Do the pieces lately look very artificially gold compared to pieces 2-3 years ago. They look that way to me or is it just my telly? :mysmilie_11:

I think plating is common in Italy. On a visit to Venice I loved a lot of the jewellery in some of the bijoux shops - THEN I realised it was silver covered with plating. Why they bother I don't know, they should just leave it silver and be done with it.

I think Mediterranean skins may suit gold better. Gold is much more expensive so gold plating makes cheaper jewellery

Yes it does look more brassy looking, I personally wouldn't buy anything that plated, through past experience it doesn't stay on long.

I thought that ..... I bought a bracelet about 5 years that does not look out of place next to my gold pieces but wouldn`t be tempted with it now as it doesn`t look the same ...sometimes success can make them greedy and cut corners!!

I have a few pieces and the bonding has not worn through and I am not gentle with my peices!

I bought my stepmother a chain probably five years ago and she wears it every single day. She never takes it off and I'm amazed at how it has lasted. The plating has become a little less glitzy over time but that's about it. There is no sign of the silver showing through. She wears it with another two or three chains so it does get some wear and tear. She says she can't believe its plated but I explained it was when I gave it to her. I can't knock the quality.

I think the Veronese is expensive. I have a tassel chain that I bought in last clicks and I do wear it sometimes. I might buy some if it was a good TSV

The 5 or 6 pieces I have are holding up very well. Some of the general Veronese designs are a bit garish but a lot of the smaller ones are lovely, I could go for some more if not for the more recent brassiness.

I bought myself a pair of Veronese Bi Colour Diamond Cut Hoop Earrings a few weeks ago, for something like £50...I am really pleased with them and imo they do not look brassy.

Latest posts

Back