VAT drop...will QVC prices reflect this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Hi all,
I was wondering if we will see QVC lower prices in light of the drop in VAT coming in on Monday....or will they try to get away with doing nothing to help encourage us? In light of the economic climate, I hope QVC will do their bit to help us get out of a recession..which would obviously be in their benefit also...

The way their prices have increased already I doubt whether they will drop them - they are always ripping us off.

I also don't think that a 2.5% drop is hardly likely to make many people spend more it is not a vast amount. You can get discounts of 20-25% in the shops.
:r2:

It's not even a 2.5% drop, it works out about 2.13% by the time you work it backwards.

VAT is added on to the selling price so rather than adding 17.5% you'll be adding 15%, the VAT on a £10 item would make it £11.75 until Monday when it will be £11.50, that's a 25p saving (can you control your excitement? :53:). If you took 2.5% off the current selling price of £11.75 would become £11.46 nearer to 30p - see how the government has been so generous? Even on a ten grand car it's barely worth having and yet the country is going to be put in to huge amounts of debt for the sake of a 2.13% saving on only some items.

I hope QVC do pass on the 2.5% saving as it will also apply to delivery charges (for VATable items).

I know it doesn't sound much on individual items but if you add up the savings on all the VATable items that you buy for the next 13 months I think it will add up to a decent amount.

Peggie xx

I hope QVC do pass on the 2.5% saving as it will also apply to delivery charges (for VATable items).

I know it doesn't sound much on individual items but if you add up the savings on all the VATable items that you buy for the next 13 months I think it will add up to a decent amount.

Peggie xx

i think you are right, peggie! if qvc just gave us a decent reduction on postage it would make shopping with them more affordable...

Noticed in John Lewis today that they have already reduced their prices to take account of the VAT, and rounded it in the customer's favour - so a £20 light fitting is now £19.50. I know it isn't much, but it all helps - QVC take note!

Noticed in John Lewis today that they have already reduced their prices to take account of the VAT, and rounded it in the customer's favour - so a £20 light fitting is now £19.50. I know it isn't much, but it all helps - QVC take note!

TESCO had reduced the VAT today as well.

Latest posts

Back