Uri Geller, any port in a storm?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Does this man have no morals? He is unashamedly plugging his documentary about Michael Jackson on sunday. Callers are offering him consolation on the death of his "best friend", and he is milking it for all he is worth. A relatively young man dies in tragic circumstances, and Uri Geller uses it as an opportunity for publicity.
Uri Geller knew Michael Jackson, but no way were they best friends. Recently, they had a falling out.
Heaven knows what Julia must be thinking!

I remember hearing him trotting out some totally absurd story about the 6 day war. Using that tragic event to promote yourself is unforgivable imvho.

He's vile, I can't understand why QVC still have that man on there.:mad:

As soon as the sad news of MJ’s death, was officially confirmed, Uri Geller was live (via telephone) on Sky News???:thinking2:

For anyone interested:
My Friend Michael Jackson: Uri's Story
ITV 1 8pm-9pm Sunday 26th of July
Uri Geller pays tribute to the star, remembering their long friendship, recollecting past conversations and presenting previously unseen footage from his private archive, including Michael Jackson's midnight shopping spree in Harrods and a trip to Exeter City FC. Also including scenes from Geller's wedding vow renewal ceremony, where the singer was the best man SUB

Last edited:
As soon as the sad news of MJ’s death, was officially confirmed, Uri Geller was live (via telephone) on Sky News???:thinking2:

For anyone interested:
ITV 1 8pm-9pm
Uri Geller pays tribute to the star, remembering their long friendship, recollecting past conversations and presenting previously unseen footage from his private archive, including Michael Jackson's midnight shopping spree in Harrods and a trip to Exeter City FC. Also including scenes from Geller's wedding vow renewal ceremony, where the singer was the best man SUB

And that says clearly what kind of a man this guy actually is. One persons death is this mans opperunity

Unbelievable that this man is given air-time. I agree that his milking of this subject, and his 'close, personal friendship' with Michael Jackson, is obscene, and the man is shameless. Any excuse for a bit of self-promotion. Let's hope Karma will out and , one day, after the sad demise of Uri G. someone (possibly me) pops up on the box, stricken with grief, giving a brief insight into how he taught me to bend spoons, heal the sick, and make millions of pounds out of being a total twat and complete charlatan. And don't get me started on his 'jewellery'.

I'm so glad I didn't see that, the MJ :taphead: thing has sickened me and I reckon that all his family, friends, fans and money-mad medics should be charged with manslaughter :sad:

I like some of Uri's jewellery but it seems rather overpriced for rock crystal. Bought a generic pendant from eBay (for its spiritual effects, my sister "believes" in it), it's semi-opaque and so rough and jaggy it's unwearable. Polishing tips, anyone?

clemenzina

But so many fall for it. This stuff sells out and they phone in Uri remember me?

As for the documentary, ITV must have put up the money to film and make it. Don't blame him on his own, tv channel helping him milk it.

I'm so glad I didn't see that, the MJ :taphead: thing has sickened me and I reckon that all his family, friends, fans and money-mad medics should be charged with manslaughter :sad:

I like some of Uri's jewellery but it seems rather overpriced for rock crystal. Bought a generic pendant from eBay (for its spiritual effects, my sister "believes" in it), it's semi-opaque and so rough and jaggy it's unwearable. Polishing tips, anyone?

clemenzina

I always imagine QVC's legal department sat in the gallery screaming down the earpiece at the presenter every time Uri opens his mouth about the spititual side as they always jump in with......"of course, we cant make claims", immediately after uri has made a claim :giggle:!!!!!!

Bet

eek, maybe it's just me being a dope-but maybe he does feel the way he says he does? maybe the fall out was over the supposed drugs business? I don't believe any of the postitive attitude guff or anything, but I think good luck to anyone who does. And I do like the jewellery designs.

One thing-maybe Uri should straighten out a fork and eat some food :D

eek, maybe it's just me being a dope-but maybe he does feel the way he says he does? maybe the fall out was over the supposed drugs business? I don't believe any of the postitive attitude guff or anything, but I think good luck to anyone who does. And I do like the jewellery designs.

maybe he does; why doesn't he stay at home then to mourn for the loss of a dear friend? does he have to make a docu about it and also use the announcement of the forthcoming programme to sell his stuff on qvc? we can't really know how he must be feeling, but what we know for sure is that he has been 'milking' it (MJ death) like so many others. he has always used MJ's name to make money and at times in a crude, inconsiderate way. maybe that's a reason he's fallen out with MJ? just a thought.

For anyone interested:
ITV 1 8pm-9pm Sunday 26th of July

He was on BBC news before it was officially confirmed! Did the rounds that night.

But so many fall for it. This stuff sells out and they phone in Uri remember me?

As for the documentary, ITV must have put up the money to film and make it. Don't blame him on his own, tv channel helping him milk it.

the channel is not MJ's friend! if you have friends like that, what do you need enemies for?

This man makes me sick. I remember when the accusations about MJ and those children came out years ago he was the first to go on camera and say that he had had his reservations about MJ and told him his actions were inappropriate and then when MJ was cleared he was there saying "of course he could never have done those things" Hypocritical little *****. Why aren't his fifteen minutes up?

Sorry, rant over. x

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was/is anorexic.
I can't work out if he believes what he says or it's all a speil. I do quite like some of his jewllery though.

You have to hand it to Uri he's built a multi million fortune out of third rate magic tricks that anyone could replicate using google and/or access to books about stage magic. Real magicians such as Penn and Teller revile him for passing off sleight of hand as evidence of real powers.

The mans a charlatan and the jewlleery is hideous and yet people still fall for his spiel....there's one born every minute.

Geller and Michael Jackson were 'showbiz friends' there's a big difference between those and real friends.

Latest posts

Back