Upgraded delivery anyone know how long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dazzler!

Guest Shopper
I have ordered a ring for my aunt, its from her husband for their wedding anniversary. It was shipped 2nd September and I asked for the delivery to be upgraded so i could receive it by Saturday latest. It has not arrived yet and QVC have kindly refunded the extra £3 i paid to upgrade. However postie has just been and there is still no ring. I have checked stock there is no more left. Anyone know what they think the latest delivery date will be and if there is still chance it will show up.:flower:

I hope it shows up for you Dazzler !, I waited nearly three weeks for a "non delivery letter" to arrive !...fingers crossed your package comes tomorrow :flower:

Just rang them. They have refunded the £3 extra on delivery although I thought they were sending it special delivery!!! Anyway the lady says she will send out a form for me. I cant believe that a first class premuim delivery item does not show up yet the second class delivery item a bangle has come today .

No rings left though so looks like a refund, so will have to tell Aunt she will have to have her money back. Think she is going to be very disappointed!

I'm having issues with the Post Office at the moment, Dazzy.

I was sent a very important letter on Friday 28th September and it still isn't with me. They also managed to mangle an item sent to me which was in pieces when I opened the parcel. And a parcel I posted on Thursday of last week hasn't yet turned up either. All sent by First Class Mail so not impressed.

As post script (apologies for the pun) I sent a forum member some perishable goodies last month and it took nearly 2 weeks to arrive. I lodged a formal complaint and was sent a letter telling me how many items the PO deal with every day and was given a book of stamps by way of compensation...pah!!

Meant to add that I was told that the Post Office don't consider an item of post to be lost until 15 working days have passed! :taphead:

Just rang them. They have refunded the £3 extra on delivery although I thought they were sending it special delivery!!! Anyway the lady says she will send out a form for me. I cant believe that a first class premuim delivery item does not show up yet the second class delivery item a bangle has come today .

No rings left though so looks like a refund, so will have to tell Aunt she will have to have her money back. Think she is going to be very disappointed!

Did they send it Special Delivery? If so they should be able to give you the tracking number. If they didn't send it SD then why not? You paid the extra for the premium service and as I understood it the premium services was SD.

All the delivery problems at the moment are mainly due to the current waves of industrial action in the post office. It's not straightforward strikes affecting just deliveries, it's various types of action in different parts of the business. So one item could have been delayed where it was collected, then delayed further down the line at a distribution and sorting office, then delayed again by action in the delivery area. A pain but it might help explain the situation. Don't give up hope completely!!

Did they send it Special Delivery? If so they should be able to give you the tracking number. If they didn't send it SD then why not? You paid the extra for the premium service and as I understood it the premium services was SD.

I was under the impression too sazza that they had sent it special delivery as thats the service I asked for. The guy on the phone said when I placed the order yes I will upgrade to premuim delivery for you for a extra £2.95 on top of the normal QVC postage price. i presumed he meant special delivery as that was what I wanted. In total my postage was £5.95!!!:sad:

I'm having issues with the Post Office at the moment, Dazzy.

I was sent a very important letter on Friday 28th September and it still isn't with me. They also managed to mangle an item sent to me which was in pieces when I opened the parcel. And a parcel I posted on Thursday of last week hasn't yet turned up either. All sent by First Class Mail so not impressed.

As post script (apologies for the pun) I sent a forum member some perishable goodies last month and it took nearly 2 weeks to arrive. I lodged a formal complaint and was sent a letter telling me how many items the PO deal with every day and was given a book of stamps by way of compensation...pah!!

Thats not very good at all perdy. Hope your important letter arrives soon.
and the lovely forum memeber gets all goods soon 2 weeks is a disgrace!

I said to QVC is it coming by courier or Royal mail as wondered if they would send it courier with it not arriving on time who knows.

Thats not very good at all perdy. Hope your important letter arrives soon.
and the lovely forum memeber gets all goods soon 2 weeks is a disgrace!

I doubt if the letter will turn up now to be honest but at least the forum member did eventually receive their goodies! ( Don't think they were quite so "good" after 2 weeks in transit though......:thinking2:)

I doubt if the letter will turn up now to be honest but at least the forum member did eventually receive their goodies! ( Don't think they were quite so "good" after 2 weeks in transit though......:thinking2:)

maybe you should send a letter of complaint to Royal mail and say the goods are not fit for use now they have been sat in transit!
I cant work out how some things arrive and others dont especially when you have piad for a upgraded delivery. BTW my nails inc polish still has not turned up you know as well!

Last edited:
i thought too that the upgrade would be special delivery! i am sorry to hear that you have not received it yet, D!. we also experience a deterioration in postal deliveries.

totally irrelevant, and i apologise for this, the state of rest rooms in service stations has been abhorrent in the past few months; it seems they cannot afford to keep cleaners on payroll. there is, overall, a serious deterioration in the services industry due to cutbacks. and for as long as we are in recession, things will only get worse...

Last edited:
i thought too that the upgrade would be special delivery! i am sorry to hear that you have not received it yet, D!. we also experience a deterioration in postal deliveries.

totally irrelevant, and i apologise for this, the state of rest rooms in service stations has been adhorrent in the past few months; it seems they cannot afford to keep cleaners on payroll. there is an overall serious deterioration in the services industry due to cutbacks. as long as we are in recession, things will only get worse...

Think we need to just emigrate then dont we abroad, I can dream...........................................

i waited nearly 2 weeks for some of my qvc jewelley to arrive. it did come on a sunday afternoon wher the backlog was so high they would have had to resort to casual labour to deliver.

but here is the rub. in our local paper a postman was photographed shoving back post in the postpox from his bag that had already been sorted to give to the customer. obviously wanted to give the customer more distress than we already have. very mean spirited i say.
a family member works for royal mail and they get nearly minimum wages after tax so i am on their side but thats just plain mean.

for the extra £3 qvc should courier it to you and as a gesture of good will not ask for the extra while the strike is on.:down::down::down:

The upgraded delivery from QVC was alway 1st class post instead of the usual 2nd. That is what I understood and have never seen anything to change my mind. Never special delivery or guaranteed by date either.

thats a bit tight though. i paid £4.45 to deliver a bracelet that came 2nd class in a jiffy bag.
i have also noticed that if something cost a lot of money then the postage is a bit higher but thats to compensate for the higher insurance .

Latest posts

Back