Unlikely to be seen here.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What sort of occasions do you think they wear such dresses at in the US and are they that frequent? I have been to black tie dinners here (through my job) when such dresses were worn but only three or four times and not for about 15 years. If I were invited again, I think I would hire a dress.

That fishtail gown is just gorgeous! I can imagine myself belle of the ball in that getup. However, as I've never been to a ball in my life there's not really much point in buying such a dress. One can dream. I agree that hiring a dress would be the way to go.

CC

Well, the yanks are very big on 'fund raisers', so I suppose those that cant afford the real deal designer wear, would go for something like these. Would be ideal for my dress up cruise evenings.

That fishtail gown is just gorgeous! I can imagine myself belle of the ball in that getup. However, as I've never been to a ball in my life there's not really much point in buying such a dress. One can dream. I agree that hiring a dress would be the way to go.

CC
I like the fishtail dress. Some people may buy a beautiful dress just to own it, try it on, and admire themselves in the mirror at home, in the same way that some women buy a complete wedding outfit - dress, veil, etc. even though they have no wedding plans and no fiance.

Yes, those dresses are the antithesis of the awful offerings we get in the UK. The black dress with the chiffon cape is absolutely stunning. I know the prices are in dollars the prices are pretty damned cheap, because they're polyester, but that hasn't stopped Q in the UK charging crazy prices. Impressive!

I have a party dress that I love and I just wear it when I feel like it at home. I don't go to many balls, plenty of balls-ups! It feels nice just swishing about in it every now and then :)

Latest posts

Back