Underwear on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Carla was selling lots of different "shapewear". Such things used to be called "foundation garments" but that was a long time ago, and they often included stocking suspenders. Some, without suspenders, were called "girdles." My grandmother wore them. Carla's suggestions still looked uncomfortable. Shoehorning yourself into them must be quite an accomplishment. If someone should put their arm around your waist, heaven forbid your bottom, they'd get an electric shock. Maybe not a bad thing for some cheeky git trying to feel you up.

I just watched the clip of the dancer and the singer (I don't watch Strictly so don't know the names) on the news and thought of this post.

"Joke" or not the dancer must be a great actress to pull off that expression before plastering her game face back on. She looked like she wanted to slap him! And the amount of times I had to do the "squirm" to get away from a bloke trying to feel me up when I was younger was certainly no joke. That looked like a real squirm to me, though mine were usually from a man whose hands were travelling further north.

I hope it was a joke as brushing that behaviour off just to appease BBC bosses would give off so many bad messages to chancers willing to ignore a woman's obvious annoyance/discomfort.

Bring on electric knickers! And barbed bras.

Quite a few years ago I volunteered at the local women's refuge where I was told of a new product that was meant to catch rapists. The woman telling me about it was from South Africa where many women including herself used it every day. It's a plastic device that's smooth on the outside but has teeth on the inside. It's inserted into the vagina where it sits pretty harmlessly until removed. However, if a woman is raped the rapist removes his penis which is now sporting a fetching little silicone sleeve that he has to go to a doctor to get removed as the rows of teeth dug into the flesh as he pulled it out. The decent doctors informed the police.

The woman said that rape was so common there that women managed to get hold of these devices before they were supposed to have been officially released and that it was quite a good deterrent. I'm not surprised!

Latest posts

Back