Ultrasun - wherefore art thou?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Many companies use the Latin "alumina." I'm going to check the ingredients of their Face 30 again when I go into John Lewis.
I've got the Ultrasun SPF 30 body cream and the aluminium is on the ingredient list.

I used on a two week trip to Malaysia and i liked it.
I used to use P20 before i used Ultrasun, I prefer the Ultrasun Lotion to the P20 gel.

I used on a two week trip to Malaysia and i liked it.
I used to use P20 before i used Ultrasun, I prefer the Ultrasun Lotion to the P20 gel.
Can anyone compare the P20 spray clear formula and Ultrasun Sports?
P20 is much more affordable and I am tempted to switch brands.

Can anyone compare the P20 spray clear formula and Ultrasun Sports?
P20 is much more affordable and I am tempted to switch brands.

Riemann P20 does not offer such good UVA protection. Years ago it didn't offer any at all but they improved it. Ultra is the better of the two brands.
I still maintain that Boots Soltan stands head and shoulders over the lot of them.

Riemann P20 does not offer such good UVA protection. Years ago it didn't offer any at all but they improved it. Ultra is the better of the two brands.
I still maintain that Boots Soltan stands head and shoulders over the lot of them.
Thank you Julius, basically, I would like to find an alternative to Ultrasun without the price tag.
Do you know if Soltan is as water resistant as Ultrasun and you can apply it once daily like Ultrasun, and you tan better with it and the tan lasts you well into winter? I tried Superdrug own sun products last summer, they are okay but nothing to shout about.

Thank you Julius, basically, I would like to find an alternative to Ultrasun without the price tag.
Do you know if Soltan is as water resistant as Ultrasun and you can apply it once daily like Ultrasun, and you tan better with it and the tan lasts you well into winter? I tried Superdrug own sun products last summer, they are okay but nothing to shout about.

The Soltan once range generally offers 40 minutes' "water resistance," though quite how they define that I'm not sure. I think if on hols swimming in pool it would be best to reapply since any towelling dry would most likely remove much of the protection. You can see the different ranges here:

http://www.boots.com/en/Soltan/Once/

Interestingly, they also make this formulation which gives 3 hours' water resistance. This might be of some interest to you:

http://www.boots.com/en/Soltan-Once...llergenic-Suncare-Lotion-SPF30-200ml_1207236/

You can find some useful info about suncare here, including a bit more about the water protection:

http://www.boots.com/en/Soltan-Suncare-masterclass_1116804/

The relevant passages and recommendations from Boots re: water resistance are here:

Water-resistant

Water-resistant sunscreens are designed to protect you while you're enjoying the beach or the hotel pool, and retain at least 50 percent of their SPF protection after 40 minutes in water. Ensure you stay protected by topping up your sun lotion after towel-drying when you've come out of the pool. It's also best to use a higher SPF than you usually would if you plan to swim a lot.

Boots recommend: Soltan Active Clear Spray SPF 30
For the kids: Soltan Once Kids Water Play

Thank you Julius, I will be keeping an eye when Soltan is on offer next.
The Suncare masterclass was very helpful.

Mr Lily had a huge allergic reaction to P20, so please do patch test if you are considering a swap. He is fine with the Ultrasun

Abby I find very bossy in her presentation of ultrasun products so after a couple of minutes staring at her big bead necklace I change channels!

Agreed. I can't stand to watch that awful woman Abi Cleeve. She puts me off buying anything from that range because she basically demands people buy it. She was on the other day ranting and raving as per usual . I always switch off as soon as she comes on.

The idea of Ultrasun is great but I can't get on with it because it's full of alcohol. I tried the Soltan Once range instead which doesn't have alcohol in it, but it's too heavy and greasy for my skin. Can't win.

The idea of Ultrasun is great but I can't get on with it because it's full of alcohol. I tried the Soltan Once range instead which doesn't have alcohol in it, but it's too heavy and greasy for my skin. Can't win.

Use a very low spf 10 light cream and dust over with a mineral powder spf once it's sunk in.

Latest posts

Back