Tut Tut Jill Franks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They're always claiming stuff's exclusive to them when it's not. Why bother to lie, do they really think no one will ever know?

AY also came out with this one some months back when one product aired. In was in SpaceNK last year, in fact it when in their summer sale at 70% off this year. I did laugh when AY was dripping on about it and how exclusive and wonder the whatever was.

They had a Leighton Denny goddess collection in, an exclusive to QVC ahead of the main launch... a week after I had perused the colours in M&S!! Some exclusive.

QVC live in the past when they could say what they liked as people couldn't quickly Google to see if a product actually was available elsewhere and to do a price comparison, mind you it doesn't stop some of the deluded folk on Facebook who seem to think it's still the best value and best place to shop

I was nearly driven bonkers last night. Ms Franks and Alexis from L'Occitane didn't shut up. Between them I was worn to a frazzle. What really annoyed me was that there was no relevant information given about the products. It was just pure yak yak yak. It would have been useful to know how much each bottle of the men's shower gel collection contained but no, they were just having orgasms about the "gorrrrrrjus fragrances." I want facts QVC, information, not this constant drivel. Rant over.

I must be the only person in the world who is not a big fan of L'occitane but most of all I find Alexis very smug sitting washing her hands and expecting it to be the norm to have 30 quid shower gel in all of your five bathrooms.

Her and Chuntley on a show would be the presenters from hell.

I must be the only person in the world who is not a big fan of L'occitane but most of all I find Alexis very smug sitting washing her hands and expecting it to be the norm to have 30 quid shower gel in all of your five bathrooms.

You're not alone LATI, I've never seen the appeal of L'occitante, and even if I did I couldn't watch more than ten minutes of Alexis. I really can't see the point of spending £30 on handwash that goes straight down the drain, but each to their own, we all spend our money as we choose :)

Oh no you're not, I find her arrogant and smug too. How she can sit there and not break into hysterical fits of laughter that people pay good money for sample sized products I've no idea, and don't get me started on the way she over exaggerates how she pronounces words.

I was nearly driven bonkers last night. Ms Franks and Alexis from L'Occitane didn't shut up. Between them I was worn to a frazzle. What really annoyed me was that there was no relevant information given about the products. It was just pure yak yak yak. It would have been useful to know how much each bottle of the men's shower gel collection contained but no, they were just having orgasms about the "gorrrrrrjus fragrances." I want facts QVC, information, not this constant drivel. Rant over.

Well said! I am also totally fed up that they do not lower themselves to providing relevant information about the product. For beauty I want to know things like - volume of product, consistency (if a gel is it thick or runny), how it's delivered, how long I can expect it to last... who is it suitable for, who is it not suitable for. I also want to know how long you can keep it once opened, as well as the unopened shelf life and how to store the product.

Fashion it's the same - you're lucky if you get any measurements, any clue about the composition of the fabric, if it comes in the S/M/L/XL... variation or 10/12/14/16... don't just tell me it's the same as the high street - I still need the measurements!! And of course we spend far too long watching the guest and presenter yakking, yet never properly see the colour variations it comes in. Then you get whisked around the model wearing it, invariably they will have any detailing impossible to see as it's dark colour on dark colour... grrrr

MML this becomes very noticeable when you look at the videos on mute and the time has run out before they have even shown the item!

You are not alone, I so dislike this brand for many reasons, and I don't buy it. As for Alexis, personally I think she's a real pain, I can't stand listening to her talk, and how the presenters chum up with her - sorry not for me.

I don't mind Alexis herself so much but I hate the way she wears several bracelets and then sits clanging them noisily over a glass bowl. I can rarely watch her as that's so incredibly irritating.

Latest posts

Back