Tuesdays TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
Do we know what tonights TSV maybe, my printer has just broke so, was just wondering

Cameras, doofers for filing yer feet and wotnots for pulling the hair out of yer legs seem to come round with monotonous regularity.

Me too! How many people on this Forum have the need for an underwater camera? It's not as though we all spend or hols scuba diving is it?

I do and I'd really love a video camera, but it doesn't matter how many people on this Forum spend their holidays scuba diving because with a waterproof depth of 3m this is most certainly not a camera suitable for diving. Snorkelling maybe, but who has heard of divers only going down to 3m? 30m yes, but 3m is ridiculous and a false, misleading claim by QVC. Camera cases that are suitable for scuba diving are, unfortunately extremely expensive. Having said that, a waterproof camera for filming in and around the pool on holiday might be very attractive for people on family holidays.

Hi Jacqualina. I don't know whether QVC claim this camera was suitable for scuba diving as I didn't watch the show. It was more a case of me being facetious I'm afraid and I didn't mean it to be taken seriously. I am sure it's a very good camera really and will do exactly as it says on the tin!

In the video demo, they are showing it connected to a TV. The presenter says "it comes with all the leads you need" but the description says it does NOT come with the lead you need to connect to a TV!

The price elsewhere eg Amazon, Comet, Currys etc is about £240 and up to £299, so the QVC price with a memory card is quite good.

However, if you are thinking of getting one, the battery life is only 30 minutes. It is a special battery, the cheapest I've seen it on-line is £14. So it is no good stocking up on memory cards to take lots of videos, you will also have to stock up on batteries, which cost more than an 8MB memory card.

Also, you usually have to charge the battery IN THE CAMERA, so you can't charge one up while using another one.

Hi Jacqualina. I don't know whether QVC claim this camera was suitable for scuba diving as I didn't watch the show. It was more a case of me being facetious I'm afraid and I didn't mean it to be taken seriously. I am sure it's a very good camera really and will do exactly as it says on the tin!

I'm afraid they did mention scuba diving in the description of this camera on the News page of this very forum, though I've no idea if it was mentioned on air as I didn't watch any of the shows either. Rather misleading to say the least.

Latest posts

Back