TSV Silver Day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried on the TSV cuff at the Silver event, I quite liked it until I tried it on; then I felt nothing...it just didn't seem to grab me at all. I couldn't put my finger on it, it is quite light and I wonder whether the edges should have been rolled or something to smooth them. Not that they're sharp edges but the silver does look thinner then expected for an otherwise chunky style. The "dairylea" triangle pattern didn't speak to me either!

I'm so glad I got to see it irl because I probably would have ordered it and then sent it back.

The Labradorite ring http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html and this peach moonstone ring http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html are winging their way to me and I'm not watching the rest of the day!

They have had "Silver Day Prices" in the past, which I'd prefer to easypay...afterall they're just temping us to buy more with the latter and they still get the full price for it in the end. Free P&P works well on silver jewellery too but there are only a few "one minute wonders" dotted throughout the day; I found this one: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.690966/walk.yah.UKJE-UK05 which hasn't been aired yet.

Jude xx

The TSV is not me at all, don't like cuff bangles and all that ingraving. NO.

Wonder if things are pinching at QVC Towers and they cannot offer Silver Day Prices or Free P&P all day.

It's horrible. Too fussy, too flimsy and too feckin expensive. :11: :pPC:

Missing out

The tsv looks very thin to me.Much nicer,heavier ones can be bought in TK Maxx.

Hi,
Our TK Maxx in Sunderland doesn't sell jewellery. I feel like we are missing out now!

:17::17::17:

I'm not impressed with it at all. Looks too big and bulky to me. I'm saving my money for the Honora TSV !

Disappointing

Is anyone else surprised that there are no Silver Day prices? I know there are easy payments on everything today, but that doesn't appeal to me as I just get confused and forget what I should be paying out each month. I'm not keen on the TSV, I too think
that it looks a little thin for the price and the Suarti bangles look more substantial. I've ordered the epiphany open star pendant, hope I'll like it when it arrives!

In some ways I am surprised & in some ways I'm not.

In previous years everything has been new in the live hours & everything was at silver day prices. Feels like QVC couldn't be bothered this year.

I've noticed a lot of things have had their prices raised so they are divisible by 3 but not by a a couple of pence but by around 50p here & there. This is on top of the recent hikes in the price of silver.

I've only bought the Lola Rose-esque flower ring in Blue Quartzite as it's on 3 easy pays. Wish though I'd bought it a few weeks ago when it was around £16 as it's now around £19 although still a lot lower than real Lola Rose stuff!

and this peach moonstone ring http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...cid.cswb/walk.html.|ukhtml|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html are winging their way to me and I'm not watching the rest of the day!

I've bought that too - thought it was quite unusual.

Also bought the big oxidised rose pendant on a cord. Quite a few things I like, but am trying not to be tempted with the easy pays. I'm not keen on sparkly gems as I find them a bit OTT for everyday wear, but there's some quite nice stuff on today.

Dazzler - I like it but Oh - I don't know. I really want a cuff bracelet and I want one that's not heavy. I wear a heavy watch - and never even notice. I wear a whisper of a bracelet on the other arm and ny arm aches for days after????

It is a bit dear, but if this is thin - maybe it means it is light?

I don't want a gem one. Any suggestions? I can only afford a cheap one!

What about 671446 suarti bangle its not flimsy and does not feel heavy I have this one also 676525 is nice have this one also, in fact hubby borrows it as it is very unisex and quite plain. 681953 now this suarti one is a bit pricey but outstanding again light to wear but substantial silver you can adjust it to fit your wrist.

I usually go mad on Silver Day - between the all new designs and the everything at silver day price, I overspend like mad.
This year - meh.
Tempted by the cabinet on easy pay, nothing else so far has even raised a little interest, let alone got me spending.
Very very disappointed by the lack of special pricing, which is usually what makes me buy now instead of waiting, and the lack of new stuff - if I've seen it all before, what's so special about today?
Should have called it Couldn't Be Arsed day...

Now that one I do like a lot. I have seen it before and loved it. I love gem stones, i saw it to air before and it looked nice. I like OTT.

I have this one. Yep, it is the biz. I thought it looked nice on screen and
found it was even better in the flesh.
I was worried it would look too OTT as well but with a plain outfit it looks great.
Not too bright looking. Nice and solid and a perfect fit for me in the large.

I usually go mad on Silver Day - between the all new designs and the everything at silver day price, I overspend like mad.
This year - meh.
Tempted by the cabinet on easy pay, nothing else so far has even raised a little interest, let alone got me spending.
Very very disappointed by the lack of special pricing, which is usually what makes me buy now instead of waiting, and the lack of new stuff - if I've seen it all before, what's so special about today?
Should have called it Couldn't Be Arsed day...

I was just going to post the same PQ! I was looking forward to silver day prices too!! have bought nothing and can't see me buying anything either!! Shame really as in the past few years we both have bought lots on silver day!!

I'm sure it's all down the the "credit crunch". Many people are more likely to be tempted with the prospect of just paying say £7 for three months than £21 straight off. Not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I'm sure QVC have done their homework about what's going to bring them the most sales. And they've been doing a fair bit of EP recently, so it must be paying off for them.

To be honest I don't think QVC can win. Even if there were several "special prices" there would probably be those saying "oh it's a shame some items aren't on EP!". Personally I think there's been quite a good varied selection today and I don't usually like jewellery shows at all.

I have this one. Yep, it is the biz. I thought it looked nice on screen and
found it was even better in the flesh.
I was worried it would look too OTT as well but with a plain outfit it looks great.
Not too bright looking. Nice and solid and a perfect fit for me in the large.

I will keep that in mind if I ever feel flush in the future.

I'm sure it's all down the the "credit crunch". Many people are more likely to be tempted with the prospect of just paying say £7 for three months than £21 straight off. Not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I'm sure QVC have done their homework about what's going to bring them the most sales. And they've been doing a fair bit of EP recently, so it must be paying off for them.

To be honest I don't think QVC can win. Even if there were several "special prices" there would probably be those saying "oh it's a shame some items aren't on EP!". Personally I think there's been quite a good varied selection today and I don't usually like jewellery shows at all.

I'm sure you're right Birdie. I'm genuinely pleased you've enjoyed the selection - it's not like I'm short of a ring or two in all fairness lol!
However, most years I spend about £300 on Silver Day thanks to the special pricing and new items. This year - all I've bought is the cabinet at £50-ish. Again, to be fair, I would not have considered this without the easypay option; I've been thinking about it anyway and that was what swayed me. Don't get me wrong, I've seen 2 or 3 lovely items I didn't recognise - but my goodness they were expensive! Silver Day always says sub £30 per item to me, the ones catching my eye were around £60!
Anyway, I decided to take the opportunity to buy a couple of clearance rings that have been on my wishlist for a couple of weeks, so it's all good - I've saved a fortune, picked up a couple of bargains, and got the cabinet on easypay, a good day really!!!

I agree with you Birdie. Maybe as well they're trying to ring the changes a bit by having 3 easy pays on everything rather than special silver day prices on just some things. I know I certainly bought more because of the easy pays than I would have with just one off special prices on some things, probably those I didn't want anyway!

I'm sure you're right Birdie. I'm genuinely pleased you've enjoyed the selection - it's not like I'm short of a ring or two in all fairness lol!
However, most years I spend about £300 on Silver Day thanks to the special pricing and new items. This year - all I've bought is the cabinet at £50-ish. Again, to be fair, I would not have considered this without the easypay option; I've been thinking about it anyway and that was what swayed me. Don't get me wrong, I've seen 2 or 3 lovely items I didn't recognise - but my goodness they were expensive! Silver Day always says sub £30 per item to me, the ones catching my eye were around £60!
Anyway, I decided to take the opportunity to buy a couple of clearance rings that have been on my wishlist for a couple of weeks, so it's all good - I've saved a fortune, picked up a couple of bargains, and got the cabinet on easypay, a good day really!!!

Spill PQ :)

Latest posts

Back