Tree peonies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only flower I had has finished and all I've got left are leaves. The tree hollyhocks are a mixed bag too. Some have leaves sprouting and some look rather twiggy. The best thing I bought this year were the fruit trees from IW which are romping along considering the rotten weather we've had.
Oh - I forgot the OTO David Austin roses - they're doing really well too.

Update - I have one flower on the white one today, and a bud. Still just a couple of buds on the red one and nothing on the pink one.

I had 5 flowers on the white which have all gone over now, the 2 buds on the red don't seem to have got much bigger and nothing on the pink only leaves. my Goji berry plants are doing well as are the 6 clematis. The 100 summer flowering bulbs are looking good, they took quite a bit of time to plant but I'm sure they will be worth it.I've seen lots of people say their hardy climbing fuschias have died, mine are all in leaf it's the standard blue ones that are very slow .

I bought two sets of the three peonies - split one as three gifts and from reports none are doing well.
The set I had had one with a bud that flowered - two did more or less nothing. The thing that annoyed me with my set, and I suspect the other set was the same, was that they were not complete plants - two were two 'bits' put in a bag. I complained and I was sent another set. They are the same - bits in a bag. Given up.

The 'super' poppies were DOA - complained, they say they sent another set - never arrived. Complained - they say they have sent another set - this is day 10 - not here yet. Suspect they won't arrive.

The David Austin roses OTO - very good and pleased with those.

No more plants for me!

I did a bud count this morning. I now have three! None are open.

I bought some Goji Berry plants . They are doing OK but nothing spectacular. They are also a bit lanky. I probably should have pinched them out earlier. Must remember not to leave them out over the winter as they are not very hardy for the first few years

Stuart

My peonies seemed to be doing alright, 2 buds on the pink, 1 huge bud on the white and none on the red.

The white one got bigger over the weekend and was looking great and then disaster......
the huge bud fell off, it must have been too heavy for the plant. Im gutted :(

Do you think it will produce another flower this year or will that be it till next year ??

My tree peonies seem to be really struggling - despite RJ's Flower Power.

The white one's barely a straggly twig now and it's like they're fading away before my eyes.

I've got two of the white tree buds opening, they look lovely, white petals yellow stamens and the centre is red. Looking foreward to seeing them fully open. I looked on the net and it said they don't like too much feed but do like a slow release food such as bone meal.

Hi Calico, Maybe RJ Flower Power is too much for them

I would guess it would be next year before you see the white flower Toadette!

I think you could be right BH, the white plant didnt look big enough to have such a huge flower, the pink one is looking the best...good size plant and not too big buds.
The red one is still nothing lol

These wee sods are stressing me out lol

Has anyone else noticed that the white one really doesn't like the sun, mine has 5 big buds on but during the day they hang right down untill it gets cooler. RJ said they were fine in the sun . The only sheltered spots in my garden are in the afternoon sun, so it's a toss up between sheltering it or loosing the petals when they open.

hi out off three plants the pink one looks the best but not any flowers yet,the white had two flowers but didnt last long the red one looks like it about to give up the ghost,the plants are not very good lately on saying the strawberrys are going well so far
eileen

Latest posts

Back