Tova 4 Piece Fragrance Wardrobe Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nothing to do with Tova but I really don't want to be bought random perfume as a present. It's such a personal thing that I want to choose my own. And I wouldn't buy perfume as a gift either unless I knew what she (or he) liked and wanted.

I buy aftershave for my son but I really only buy the one he likes.

Someone bought me Jo Malone Bluebell recently and I really didn't like it. Such as shame as it was a very generous gift.

I used to love Opium. I also use unwanted perfume as air freshener:giggle: but I am careful with spraying them in the air, case of inhaling them, they can't be healthy for our lungs. I use them on cotton wool or pads instead:happy:

i chuck it in the bath.

People have bought me perfume (can't wear it - migraines) and plonk (I don't drink - migraines) and chocolate (doesn't agree with me - migraines). I'd rather they didn't bother (I know I'm ungrateful) a simple card would be fine. I'd really like to send out the MSE No Unnecessary Presents Pact http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/nupp/ and to a large extent my side of the family (just my siblings now) only give token gifts, humourous apt presents or nothing and we're v close. There'd be uproar from the outlaws if I suggested it. They go to a lot of trouble to source inappropriate or down-right offensive cr@p for us.

Jude xx

Nothing to do with Tova but I really don't want to be bought random perfume as a present. It's such a personal thing that I want to choose my own. And I wouldn't buy perfume as a gift either unless I knew what she (or he) liked and wanted.

I buy aftershave for my son but I really only buy the one he likes.

Someone bought me Jo Malone Bluebell recently and I really didn't like it. Such as shame as it was a very generous gift.

I agree, it is such a personal thing. Once I got some Britney Spears perfume:puke: :puke: I was insulted! I cannot stand her, never mind her perfume :puke:
Another person gave me a Jessica Simpson perfume one year, and Vera Wong this year, I don't like them:sad: and I know that they are not very cheap but they are not what I would buy. I know I am ungrateful, but I wish they had not bothered :sad:

Having second thoughts now and you've reminded me that, many years ago, I was given a ghastly Estee Lauder perfume for four consecutive birthdays by a well meaning relative!! It wasn't Youth Dew but something equally cloying....

Having second thoughts now and you've reminded me that, many years ago, I was given a ghastly Estee Lauder perfume for four consecutive birthdays by a well meaning relative!! It wasn't Youth Dew but something equally cloying....
At last Tova sounds sophisticated , but imagine giving a grown up woman Britney Spears perfume :doh:

True story. Some years back Guerlain released a limited edition fragrance in a presentation box with a lovely book. A lady I knew worked as the manageress of the local Guerlain counter. A customer (a man) came in and ordered one at £200 for his wife who was a regular Guerlain customer. Some months later manageress had the customer's wife at the counter buying something, so asked about how she enjoyed the gift? She hated it and used it as a foot spray!

I'm going through a sensible phase. I'm beginning to get on my own pip about it if I'm honest. I'm using up "everything" before I buy anything new and that includes perfume. I'm not using any that I don't like but I'm now using up ones that aren't my favourites. Well other than my precious Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia and Frederick Malle Lipstick Rose.

I'm working my way through something by Diesel in a string vest, Sparkling Princess by Vera Wang and Paul Smith's Rose.

God it'll be so nice to just wear perfume I love again!!

People have bought me perfume (can't wear it - migraines) and plonk (I don't drink - migraines) and chocolate (doesn't agree with me - migraines). I'd rather they didn't bother (I know I'm ungrateful) a simple card would be fine. I'd really like to send out the MSE No Unnecessary Presents Pact http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/nupp/ and to a large extent my side of the family (just my siblings now) only give token gifts, humourous apt presents or nothing and we're v close. There'd be uproar from the outlaws if I suggested it. They go to a lot of trouble to source inappropriate or down-right offensive cr@p for us.

Jude xx

I had a real chuckle reading your post as my out-laws do exactly the same thing to us!

I have 3 sons and when they were single, unattached and much younger, they always bought me perfume because they said they never knew what else to buy me for Christmas. Of course being single young men, they left their Christmas gift buying until 4pm on Christmas Eve on their way back from a Christmas drink with their mates.
They never ever thought to check which type I used and I think they just looked at whatever was left on the shelves, emptied their pockets of whatever money they had left after their booze up and bought whichever bottle caught their eye. I`ve had expensive Joy perfume from middle son which smelled vile on me and was then secretly used as air freshener, oldest son once bought me Sunflowers which was so bad I stuck it back into the box and dropped it off at the Charity shop straight after Christmas but youngest son once bought me a perfume, still in it`s TK Maxx bag and with the £9.99 price ticket on it and which I still love to this day and buy for everyday Summer use, it`s Cabotine Rose. It goes to show that sometimes a perfume gift can actually turn out to be a bonus not a disaster because I would never have bought that particular perfume for myself.
There have been other perfumes along the way from my boys, some memorable for all the wrong reasons and now and again they`d hug me and say oh Mum you smell nice, is that the perfume I bought you for Christmas and I`d always lie and say yes. Nowadays they`re older, married or attached and their female partners obviously help them with gift buying but I kind of miss the pot luck, hastily bought perfumed Christmas presents.

I have 3 sons and when they were single, unattached and much younger, they always bought me perfume because they said they never knew what else to buy me for Christmas. Of course being single young men, they left their Christmas gift buying until 4pm on Christmas Eve on their way back from a Christmas drink with their mates.
They never ever thought to check which type I used and I think they just looked at whatever was left on the shelves, emptied their pockets of whatever money they had left after their booze up and bought whichever bottle caught their eye. I`ve had expensive Joy perfume from middle son which smelled vile on me and was then secretly used as air freshener, oldest son once bought me Sunflowers which was so bad I stuck it back into the box and dropped it off at the Charity shop straight after Christmas but youngest son once bought me a perfume, still in it`s TK Maxx bag and with the £9.99 price ticket on it and which I still love to this day and buy for everyday Summer use, it`s Cabotine Rose. It goes to show that sometimes a perfume gift can actually turn out to be a bonus not a disaster because I would never have bought that particular perfume for myself.
There have been other perfumes along the way from my boys, some memorable for all the wrong reasons and now and again they`d hug me and say oh Mum you smell nice, is that the perfume I bought you for Christmas and I`d always lie and say yes. Nowadays they`re older, married or attached and their female partners obviously help them with gift buying but I kind of miss the pot luck, hastily bought perfumed Christmas presents.

What a lovely post, Vienna. I don't have children, but this bought a tear to my eye.
A bit hormonal today!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not a fan of Tova's fragrances myself, but if you do like them, that is a bit of a bargain. Agree about those random perfume pressies that can be a disaster. I've had a few bad ones over the years myself!

Did have a successful random perfume gift last year. Some EDP called John Varvatos (no, I've never heard of him either) which, although I thought I'd probably hate, I really loved! Haven't really seen it in the shops, but managed to get some on EBay a few weeks ago.

I haven't had any of tova's fragrances for a while now - and the try me has sold out (will they be getting any more in does anyone know?) - but, whenever I did wear it I have to say I never got any comments from a man, not even my own fiance.

What a lovely post, Vienna. I don't have children, but this bought a tear to my eye.
A bit hormonal today!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Vienna. A lovely post indeed. I've tried to train my son in present buying. I'm doing OK

What a lovely post Vienna. Thank you

Not a fan of Tova's fragrances myself, but if you do like them, that is a bit of a bargain. Agree about those random perfume pressies that can be a disaster. I've had a few bad ones over the years myself!

Did have a successful random perfume gift last year. Some EDP called John Varvatos (no, I've never heard of him either) which, although I thought I'd probably hate, I really loved! Haven't really seen it in the shops, but managed to get some on EBay a few weeks ago.

Funny you should mention John Varvatos,PE,but I was in my local pharmacy last week with my dd & they had that EDP on special offer.
We'd never heard of it either but tested it & it was gorgeous,the fragrance lasted for hours too which was an added bonus.

I'm going back tomorrow to buy some :wink:

BTW Here's a link,I don't know how the price fares here in Ireland compared with the UK

http://www.sammccauley.com/Product/John-Varvatos-EDP-50ml-Spray/17851/2226.2

Funny you should mention John Varvatos,PE,but I was in my local pharmacy last week with my dd & they had that EDP on special offer.
We'd never heard of it either but tested it & it was gorgeous,the fragrance lasted for hours too which was an added bonus.

I'm going back tomorrow to buy some :wink:

BTW Here's a link,I don't know how the price fares here in Ireland compared with the UK

http://www.sammccauley.com/Product/John-Varvatos-EDP-50ml-Spray/17851/2226.2

Marzy, I'm almost sold, just need to go and taste it in a shop. What was the pharmacy called please? I checked Boots and Superdrug online with no luck. Thank you.

Last edited:
I`ve seen the John Varvatos on Ebay and Amazon, both 30ml bottles so the link you posted is a better deal Marzy because that`s a 50ml bottle. It sounds an interesting buy.

In fact, I have now checked Selfridges, John Lewis, House of Fraser - not a trace of John Varvatos. Very intriguing.

Latest posts

Back