TopStyler TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
What a lot of faffing about. It reminds me of when I was little and my mum would put rags in my hair before going to my aunty's for new year's eve. Who would spend almost ninety quid on this?

Just looked at the qvc.com site and they got 10 large and 10 medium rollers in the kit. We have to pay another £26 plus shipping for another 5. And of course their set is cheaper at 99usd and free shipping even though it is not the tsv

This is weird. Go onto qvc.com and search for the topstyler and it comes up with 34 reviews and 4 stars. Yet the link provided in post 20 of the other thread, shows many more reviews and a 2.8 score. The presenters are encouraging us to go onto the Q USA website and search. Methinks we are being set up!

This is weird. Go onto qvc.com and search for the topstyler and it comes up with 34 reviews and 4 stars. Yet the link provided in post 20 of the other thread, shows many more reviews and a 2.8 score. The presenters are encouraging us to go onto the Q USA website and search. Methinks we are being set up!

Nice bit of research Mary.
The one with 2.8 stars ran from Aug11 - beg Sep12, and the one with 4 stars from 28 Sep to date. They have different item numbers but the contents look to be the same.

Quite a lot of the negative reviews on the original launch were that the product was difficult to use and many were from professional hair stylists.

One of the reviews I read from the later launch (Borgy 22/9/12) refers to having tried the original version, not getting on with it so she returned it, but tempted by the reference to the new improved version having a higher heat setting - she tried it again but still only gave it 1 star.

Now the first time round there were 613 reviews and this time only 34 - I agree with Mary that you do have to ask why and question whether we are being duped.

I don't think this has been created to specifically dupe us for our TSV but QVC often re-launch items with new item numbers to disassociate a product with earlier neg reviews. QVC US do it, as do QVC UK and Ideal World. If you search specificically for an "item + reviews" you'll get all the results not just the latest edit by searching on the QVC US or UK website. (hope that makes sense?)

Mr Akimbo has offered to buy it for me to try before Xmas day, I don't want to be frustrated with a pig-in-a-poke on Christmas day once I've cleared up after dinnerand want to have a play with a new toy. Ofcourse this, if returned will tip him into the realms of 100% returns for 2012...he won't just get "the Letter", he'll get a firing squad!

Jude xx

What a lot of faffing about. It reminds me of when I was little and my mum would put rags in my hair before going to my aunty's for new year's eve. Who would spend almost ninety quid on this?

Ooooh, I remember rags in my hair as well. Mine were my old ripped up PJ's! I think La Q is missing a trick here - why hasn't some "deeesigner" come up with their own variation :cheeky:

When I first got married in 1987 I used "Poly Papilloten" pink spongy pipe-cleaner-type things. I'd tried lots of hairdressers none of whom could get my hair to curl or stay in an up-do for the big day so I did my own hair by sleeping in these and put it up myself. Come to think of it, I did my own hair for my second wedding too and DD had the same problem for her prom so did her own nails, fake tan and hair (saving me a fortune) and with better results than some of her class-mates.

Has anyone tried the big pink rollers you can sleep in? I might be tempted...

Jude xx

I don't think this has been created to specifically dupe us for our TSV but QVC often re-launch items with new item numbers to disassociate a product with earlier neg reviews. QVC US do it, as do QVC UK and Ideal World. If you search specificically for an "item + reviews" you'll get all the results not just the latest edit by searching on the QVC US or UK website. (hope that makes sense?)

Mr Akimbo has offered to buy it for me to try before Xmas day, I don't want to be frustrated with a pig-in-a-poke on Christmas day once I've cleared up after dinnerand want to have a play with a new toy. Ofcourse this, if returned will tip him into the realms of 100% returns for 2012...he won't just get "the Letter", he'll get a firing squad!

Jude xx

I agree with the disassociation comment Jude, we've seen this before, and I don't think it has been created to dupe us, but I agree with Mary that you have to think that the continual on air suggestions to checking out the reviews on QVC.com is where we are being duped.

I hope this works out for you - if you do order it one of the US reviews suggested winding the hair round a narrow necked bottle and someone else commented that it worked.

Can someone please explain how to get the reviews on qvc.com as per the link in the other post. I've tried reviews.qvc.com as it appears inthe link but it takes me to qvc homepage. I'd like to do more sleuthing on other products. Thanks

Instyler Topstyler tsv

Does QVC think we are so gullible, that we will buy this tsv as the latest greatest hair styling tool to enter the market? They are, fundamentally, an updated version of heated rollers. The big difference? The exorbitantly inflated price!

When I first got married in 1987 I used "Poly Papilloten" pink spongy pipe-cleaner-type things. I'd tried lots of hairdressers none of whom could get my hair to curl or stay in an up-do for the big day so I did my own hair by sleeping in these and put it up myself. Come to think of it, I did my own hair for my second wedding too and DD had the same problem for her prom so did her own nails, fake tan and hair (saving me a fortune) and with better results than some of her class-mates.

Jude xx

ooo i had some of those poly papilloten things. wonder what happened to them.....

thing that strikes me most about this is the cost!

i've always been surprised they never had the babyliss bighair (that i rave about) on again, at least to my knowledge. it was more like £30 and sold out in seconds.

Jude xx

I have the sleep in pink rollers - they are great. I do find that you can feel them in your hair mainly because they are big and it is like having your pillow already attached to your head LOL What i do is just put them in the top of my head to give me some lift and then put them around the bottom when I get up for a short time. That way I cannot feel them overnight.

I have the sleep in pink rollers - they are great. I do find that you can feel them in your hair mainly because they are big and it is like having your pillow already attached to your head LOL What i do is just put them in the top of my head to give me some lift and then put them around the bottom when I get up for a short time. That way I cannot feel them overnight.

Ooh I've been wondering if they're good! I have them but have yet to be bothered trying them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on now. I was actually interested in it as the barrel is nice & large but I read very poor reviews for the product. People saying it's far to harsh & hot for the hair & it can ruin hair that is already fragile/processed. Has anyone else got any insight into this item?

Latest posts

Back