Too many Large Yankee Jar Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to buy the tarts too but now I buy samplers and cut them up and melt them, I just pop the unused bit in a ziplock bag. Just had an email from a local shop who is celebrating its birthday on 4th July. they say they were the first place to stock Yankee many moons ago and are offering 30% of yankee with lots of freebies. Guess where I will be on 4th July. hubby shook his head in despair when I told him and pointed to the 7 large and 2 small jars in the firelplace. he has a point, I think I must have a new obsession!

Thanks pp, do they cut the wick cleanly?
I just use a scissors but end up making a mess

Have looked at them online, can get a pair for about a fiver

They do cut cleanly. We used to use an old pair of nail trimmers but it was difficult to reach the candle when it was low in the jar. These make life so much easier and I also don't find the debris all over the place after hubby trims the wick.
These look very similar to what we have:
http://www.yankee.co.uk/product.aspx?Product=2056

I much prefer the Yankee tarts after having tried all the others and have invested in an electric tart warmer.

You can have this on a timer so that it comes on for about an hour before you are due home in your hallway. It is perfectly safe.

As soon as you enter the door you are greeted by a lovely fragrance.

I also only buy from Yankeedoodle or Yankee store on Ebay.
please could you tell me where you bought your electric tart warmer? ive been looking everywhere also how much do i need to pay?

I'm off to try it...hang on......ok, just changed my mind, it's right at the back of the cupboard and I can't reach!

I've always bought large jars,I've always perceived them as better value.

I was quite surprised by the amount of soot and dirt they create....I'm quite over YC but if I were to buy anymore,I'll definitely look into a shade...thanks for the tip.....do you really think they make a difference?

I've always thought the only way I'd get back into YC would be to invest in an electric tart warmer..

I've always bought large jars,I've always perceived them as better value.

I was quite surprised by the amount of soot and dirt they create....I'm quite over YC but if I were to buy anymore,I'll definitely look into a shade...thanks for the tip.....do you really think they make a difference?

I've always thought the only way I'd get back into YC would be to invest in an electric tart warmer..

I use shades on all my jars, the large shade will fit a medium or a large jar (as the neck of the jar is the same width - its the height that differentiates between med/lge), whereas the small jars need the small shades.

I would never burn a jar now without a shade they are cleaner, prettier and safer and if you have little people or animals around the flame is protected. Also the flame won't dance about in airflow etc.

I put a coaster over the top of the shade too when I've finished for the day, it stops any smoking etc coming into the room when the flame is extinguished, covering over the top of the shade stops the air and so puts the flame out - so you don't even need to blow them out. Then once a week/fortnight I just pop the shades into the sink for a quick swill and any miniscule of soot build up is washed off. Done ..

Best way forward for me .....

Last edited:
Hope it worked for you Bluebell you get quite a few lights from each spaghetti strand too, so don't throw it out yet!

Just had a thought, the spaghetti will be great for lighting candles on a birthday cake too
save you burning your fingers with matches
especially when there are a lot of candles on the cake :cake:

Latest posts

Back