Too many Large Yankee Jar Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
Why do most of the jar kits on sale at QVC seem to contain large jars :doh:

I much prefer medium jar candles and was keen to try the Union Jack limited edition
one but it is only available in the Large Jar and I am determined not to buy any
more Large jar YC as you have to burn them for a lot longer than 3 hours
to stop them from tunnelling and they are awkward to light once they have burned over half way
and they seem to get "dirty" and smoke more than the medium and small jars

Why do most of the jar kits on sale at QVC seem to contain large jars :doh:

I much prefer medium jar candles and was keen to try the Union Jack limited edition
one but it is only available in the Large Jar and I am determined not to buy any
more Large jar YC as you have to burn them for a lot longer than 3 hours
to stop them from tunnelling and they are awkward to light once they have burned over half way
and they seem to get "dirty" and smoke more than the medium and small jars

yeah the union jack one only comes in the large size but there again i like the large ones but i buy them when they are half price so never pay full price for any of the yankee my mum has

they often do the large jars in duos of the same too, so if you don't like it you get double yuck! I was interested in the Union Jack too until I saw it was two the same and that it smelt of roses, yawn! On the other hand my summer set which I ordered today has been shipped already, roll on Mon/Tues :eek:) very impressed! p'haps it is coming direct as they never normally do same day despatch if from the QVC warehouse

Went into the large Clinton in Cardiff today and no Yankee :confused:

I wonder if they have removed them so they don't have to include them in the sale? This is the 2nd Clinton that haven't got them now. I thought it may because it was a smaller store, so fully expected Cardiff to have them. Gutted.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the large jars. They are generally better value for money and I have a bronze metal leaf holder which I got when I was in USA a couple of years ago and the large ones fit it better than the medium ones.

Only buy mine now online when they are on offer - scent of the month etc.

That's probably because Clinton's is in receivership and either the stock has been sent back or they haven't paid for any new stuff.

I only buy the large jars too. Haven't had any problems with 'tunnelling' even when burnt for barely 3 hours. Re lighting them once they're lower in the jar - I use a gas filled lighter, it's about 8 inches longThe one we're using is made by Cricket you can buy them from the supermarket for about £3 usually next to cleaning products.

yep I use the gas lighters too, don't do what I did the other day tho and buy the new mini one, I got it cause it was a lovely lime green colour but I burn myself whenever trying to light a large jar (which is quite low in the jar). I was daft and only got it for the colour and I only saved about 50p in comparison to the one that is double the size. So I am keeping it for lighting tealights whereby the wick is always at the top level.

if you are near Spalding the Hallmark outlet at Springfields sells Yankee Candles at half RRP all the time they have a large selection

Missed the presentation of the Union Jack jar, what does it smell like please?

they said it was roses, sometimes they have video presentations of products online so you may be able to catch up online, but it was definitely a rose scent x

I actually like the large candles and burn one in my hallway. I too don't have a problem lighting them when they've burnt down and don't get sooty marks as I use a shade. Have the Chocolate Bunnies one on the go at the moment though this will need replacing some time this month I think. I buy mine from my local Hallmark shop.

you can buy long matches, much better for lighting the large candles and useful if you have more then a couple of candles/tealights to light (love my candles lol)

if you are near Spalding the Hallmark outlet at Springfields sells Yankee Candles at half RRP all the time they have a large selection

Thanks deanos, I am in the North of Scotland but funnily enough my OH is working near Spalding just now so will need to give him a list :giggle:

my Clintons still has yankee but only 20% off

Was in a Clintons yesterday and most were at full price, only a couple of large jars reduced by a few pounds

I actually like the large candles and burn one in my hallway. I too don't have a problem lighting them when they've burnt down and don't get sooty marks as I use a shade. Have the Chocolate Bunnies one on the go at the moment though this will need replacing some time this month I think. I buy mine from my local Hallmark shop.

Thanks VALM I must use a shade and see if that helps with the sooty marks

Any tips for trimming the wicks on the large jars when they are about the bottom?

...............Any tips for trimming the wicks on the large jars when they are about the bottom?

I use a wick trimmer which was bought from the shop I buy my Yankee Candles from. It's like a very long pair of scissors with a wider bit on the end. It's designed to cut the wick to the height recommended by Yankee (which, for the life of me, I can't remember what that is right now!).

Thanks pp, do they cut the wick cleanly?
I just use a scissors but end up making a mess

Have looked at them online, can get a pair for about a fiver

I much prefer the Yankee tarts after having tried all the others and have invested in an electric tart warmer.

You can have this on a timer so that it comes on for about an hour before you are due home in your hallway. It is perfectly safe.

As soon as you enter the door you are greeted by a lovely fragrance.

I also only buy from Yankeedoodle or Yankee store on Ebay.

Latest posts

Back