Tonights TSV DVR

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Received mine today. It took longer to plug the scart lead in than it took for the channel search!

I'm really impressed so far. Hopefully it will 'freeze' less than my sharp dvr which sticks 2or 3 times a week.

ohh glad you got it

The question is, what other electrical equipment you own has given you pleasure? :thinking2:

Sheepdog in "Snoopy mode" mode

sheepdog i dont think think is the thread for it lol

You've either got a job or a credit card ... please tell me it's not a credit card.

Loopy its not a credit card but trust me i`m not going in to say on this thread

but i`m just glad i bought a great bargain at a super price and cant wait to try it out

My eyes nearly popped out my head when I saw the price of "Today's TSV"... a PVR/DVDR with TWIN TUNERS??? ... then I realised it was long gone :sad:

Just as well - I've got 4 PVRs already, and they're all overflowing with unwatched programmes :tongue2:

clemenzina

I managed to nab one of the Tvonics larger capacity variety. It arrived the other day.... it's working well. It is getting a better picture than the freeview box I had before for that telly. It's easy to use the EPG and channel guide, too. I'm well pleased. Thanks SCW!!

Sorry I can't help Flora but why don't you contact TVonics themselves and ask.

http://www.tvonics.com/

TVonics e-mailed me it won't work in France but QVC said it should work and refused to cancel the order because it was already being packed.
When I finally received it, it did work perfectly ! :whew2:

But a few days later, it forgot to record a daily program and I couldn't switch it off with the remote control. I had to unplug it and it was fine.
That happened again 2-3 days later.
Has anyone else had that kind of trouble ?

Do you need to unplug it every day ? Would it be enough to switch it off ?

TVonics e-mailed me it won't work in France but QVC said it should work and refused to cancel the order because it was already being packed.
When I finally received it, it did work perfectly ! :whew2:

But a few days later, it forgot to record a daily program and I couldn't switch it off with the remote control. I had to unplug it and it was fine.
That happened again 2-3 days later.
Has anyone else had that kind of trouble ?

Do you need to unplug it every day ? Would it be enough to switch it off ?

I have to switch my box off occasionally (not the same make as TSV) and it works fine for a couple of weeks after that. Hope this helps, as I don't think it is anything to do with the box,think it maybe freeview.

Mine has refused to switch off a couple of times too, but for some reason pressing the stop button when viewing a library recording seems to do the trick - it puts the whole thing into standby and works fine again after that.

Its a minor nuisance to be honest but I can live with it because the box itself is soooo useful!!

Thanks for all your answers !

I guess, hopasholic (by the way, great name !), that you have the TSV.
Has yours "forgotten" to record any program ?

Thanks for all your answers !

I guess, hopasholic (by the way, great name !), that you have the TSV.
Has yours "forgotten" to record any program ?

Hi Flora, glad you like my username, its in honour of my terrible habit of shopping online whilst slightly inebriated...:wink2:

Yes it was the TSV I purchased, luckily it hasn't forgotten to record anything (yet!) , but I don't really record much on it anyway as its used with our bedroom tv.

Will let you know if it does start doing this though..cheers!!:flower:

I still can't get freeview but we go digital here very soon so I am hoping that we will be able to. I am then hoping that QVC will repeat this TSV as it sold out so quickly.

Latest posts

Back