Todays NN TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
Here we go again - another 350 thread count cotton set tsv in December - does qvc not realise it is winter and the weather is freezing - we need flannel in the winter and cotton in the summer as posted on here many times.

:SHOCK:

I love it,am tempted by the green.
I tend to have a flannel bottom sheet in the winter as I don't really like the look of a flannel duvet cover!

i wish the cotton on n.n was not so flimsy it creases so much it looks tatty but feels coossyy!!

The new colours are beautiful but I've lost my love for NN. QVC go on and on about the quality but it my opinion the quality isn't that great for the money. After a some wear and a couple of washes they become "bobbly" they also crease very easily and to look anything near as good as they show on QVC they need ironing:11:
I won't be buying this TSV.

I love it,am tempted by the green.
I tend to have a flannel bottom sheet in the winter as I don't really like the look of a flannel duvet cover!

I put a 'bedspread'/comforter thingy over the top so you don't see the duvet cover. That way it looks good and is cosy underneath. I couldn't be without my flannel in the winter it is soo much nicer to get into.

I use a flannel top sheet under my duvet (as well as flannel bottom sheet and pillow cases), so I can use the nice cotton duvet covers but still keep the warmth of flannel. It also keeps the underside of the duvet cover cleaner for longer! :14:

Linda

Has the NN lady had some face work? she looks different?

Does anyone know if she is related to the kitchenware lady with the red hair? they look and sound similar.

I've got loads of NN but the wuality is not as good as they say - some of the cottons lose that sheen very quickly and I even have white 'pulled' threads on a plum set even though I wash as they instruct !
I'm looking for a jersey set for this weather - got my set from NN and want another one but can't find on on QVC nor on the other usual haunts, M&S, Next. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a jersey bed set please ?

the white company do jersey also try john lewis. i would do some homework but see what you can pick up in the jan sales. i agree with you about nn if i went to a 5 star hotel and the sheets looked like chopped spinach i would want a refund.good luck! boffy.

the white company do jersey also try john lewis. i would do some homework but see what you can pick up in the jan sales. i agree with you about nn if i went to a 5 star hotel and the sheets looked like chopped spinach i would want a refund.good luck! boffy.

Thanks Boffy - already tried John Lewis, nothing on their site but will try white company and as you suggest , need to do a bit of homework. I've had two sets from M&S in the past so surprised they're not doing them!

lozi, looking at nn woman i would hazard a guess at eyes uppers and lowers lift, forehead botox lower face cheeks and hands restylane. followed by a chemical peel nice work if i'm right wonder who she saw

found a company luma. looks very pricey but i would imagine the stuffs lovely. qvc reackon that nn is cheap but this comapny do organic jersey cotton duvet set with fitted bottom sheet for £85 dbl £98 king. extrapillow cases are £6 each. the prices of nn has crept up a lot specially for flannel sets.

found a company luma. looks very pricey but i would imagine the stuffs lovely. qvc reackon that nn is cheap but this comapny do organic jersey cotton duvet set with fitted bottom sheet for £85 dbl £98 king. extrapillow cases are £6 each. the prices of nn has crept up a lot specially for flannel sets.

Thanks so much - I will have a look ! That's not a bad price at all when you look at the price of NN these days - you are right, there's nothing in the lower price range these days. Very disappointing.

I've got loads of NN but the wuality is not as good as they say - some of the cottons lose that sheen very quickly and I even have white 'pulled' threads on a plum set even though I wash as they instruct !
I'm looking for a jersey set for this weather - got my set from NN and want another one but can't find on on QVC nor on the other usual haunts, M&S, Next. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a jersey bed set please ?

Asda sell jersey bed sets

Dunelm is my new favourite bedding shop. We recently moved & bought a new bed so needed new size bedding. I'd always bought M&S cotton as the quality was good, but called in Dunelm on a friend's rec.

Glad I did because we got a goose down duvet for a hundred quid less than M&S and this bedding: http://www.dunelm-mill.com/range/Pima Jacquard//1 which I have to say is absolutely lovely. It's extremely soft and cosy, was cool in the summer yet I haven't felt the need to go out & buy flannel even in this cold snap. It's cheaper and a higher TC than the M&S normal cotton, too.

I'm just waiting until I can get a reasonably priced memory foam topper & I think my bed will be perfection (had a NN feather, but it was heavy, went flat because I couldn't fluff it daily - thanks arthritis! - and poked me). I'm using the Dunelm double-sided quilted topper for the time being - the fluffy side up in this cold weather - and it's lovely. Not as sinky (IYKWIM) as the feather topper when it was new, but it's so much easier to look after.

I am very allergic to bedding and bought a mattress topper from dunelm - was so ill with my asthma took it off after a few nights. Thought it must be just coincidental so after a couple of months tried again - still the same problem - so binned it. Got a NN featherbed as could use the 30 MBG and have had no problems - now will only use NN bedding because of this.

I have got lots of other bits from Dunelm, curtains, cushions, towells etc. love it.

Latest posts

Back