Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just visited Osprey and if its the one I think, it is lovely!!! And what a fantastic reduction too. 👍👍. Well done, Vienna.
It`s this one Mazza. If he gets another 12 years use out of this one as he did with the last one which was originally bought from Burtons then I won`t complain.

It`s this one Mazza. If he gets another 12 years use out of this one as he did with the last one which was originally bought from Burtons then I won`t complain.
Thats what I call class beautiful

I`ll give that a try ILove but it`s as if the new zip has been sewn in too tightly and puckering. The old holdall won`t be wasted, I`ll find a use for it and the only reason I`m buying him a new holdall is so I know things such as his passport, his meds and his wallet can be fastened in securely when we go on holiday. Last year when the zip broke at the airport on our way home we were emptying his stuff and trying to squash it into my bag because our cases had already been checked in. I envisaged Mr V walking through duty free with his bag wide open and leaving a trail of dirty undies, socks or T shirts behind him.

I always travel with a few cable ties (not for that!). They're great for tying zips together as you can't tell if the TSA has opened the lock unless they cut the tie. The bigger ones have saved a fellow traveller by looping a few together so her bag held closed.

Oh, in M&S the food hall is open and so was clothing but on one floor only. Bought a black double breast coat with wool 30% off so £55.30 down from £79. They had quite a few different clothing items with 30% off.

I switched off as soon as I saw Simon trying to feed a bear a jam sandwich :rolleyes:. Its the most ridiculous of shows, where grown men sit stroking bits of fur fabric - (only equal to when they're sat on a bed stroking Kelly Hoppen or Cozy Home ;)), but back to the bears, Will is the ultimate overbearing salesman, he could be talking about rolls of sellotape or pencil cases and he'd be the same. Cant knock the brand though, in existence for 15 years and the bears seem to go for more money in collectors circles.

I’ve never really understood adults and furry toys. Keeping your own toy from childhood is fine but these beds or rooms full of them just goes over my head.
There was a woman up the road some years ago and her front room was full of teddy bears, she wasn't the complete ticket if you know what I mean...I can't even remember quite why I was invited in but it was shocking, and probably looked worse 'cause they looked like cheap fairground wins...horrible sorry!

Was tempted by a Skagen watch at about 2/3 off (not like 1% off on QVC TSVs).

I didn't need it (I have several watches) but I really liked the look of it. Free PP of course, and couldn't resist the price.

I also ordered the TacPen, so who can I murder with it?

Mr L and I have a weakness for Skagen watches and have far too many. I’m really into the really bright silicone ones at present (easy to clean) and treated myself to yet another one which arrived at the weekend.

Mr L and I have a weakness for Skagen watches and have far too many. I’m really into the really bright silicone ones at present (easy to clean) and treated myself to yet another one which arrived at the weekend.
I ordered this one with the 40% reduction. I love it. Just praying it fits as I don’t have dainty wrists

I ordered this one with the 40% reduction. I love it. Just praying it fits as I don’t have dainty wrists

Most are not just 40% reduction, that is of an already reduced sale price.

I wanted a simple watch with a very clear dial that you could read at a glance, and with a metal strap.

I chose this one. It is waterproof so safe for swimming in.

The normal price was £149 but it was already on sale for just under 1/2 price at £74, and the 40% Black Friday discount was taken off this, so it cost me £44-40 with FREE PP.

So that is 70% off, almost £105 discount.

Skagen Grenen SKW6461_main.jpg
Skagen Grenen SKW6461_8.jpg

Last edited:
A watch is pointless for me. I cannot read a clock. As a chil I always had watches and would dread being asked the time. In the end I would just show the asker my wrist.
Digital helped, but I haven't worn a watch for over 30 years.
Phones with their digital displays are all I use, and even so, I am temporally challenged. I think it is related to dyscalculia, the numeric equivalent of dyslexia.

I was also interested in this one, about the same price, but with a silicone strap.

Should I, shouldn't I ???

View attachment 20021
Have you ordered the first one, or are you trying to decide between the two? If that's the case, it's a no brainer...go for the first one, it's practical and stylish. If you're thinking of buying the other one as well 'cause it's a good reduction, I personally wouldn't. In my opinion, the first one's a hundred times nicer, but taste's a personal thing. How many watches can you wear at once? Like the other ladies say..Nanny McFee!!! Stick to the one I would..hope that helps!

Last edited:
A watch is pointless for me. I cannot read a clock. As a chil I always had watches and would dread being asked the time. In the end I would just show the asker my wrist.
Digital helped, but I haven't worn a watch for over 30 years.
Phones with their digital displays are all I use, and even so, I am temporally challenged. I think it is related to dyscalculia, the numeric equivalent of dyslexia.

I am the opposite, rather obsessed with time.

My main watch is RADIO CONTROLLED so it is always accurate to the second. It has the normal hands to read at a glance, but also an LED digital display to read the time to the second. As it is solar charged, it never needs new batteries, so is always correct.

If I have an appointment, I hate being late so usually get there far too early, then hang around and go in at the precise time.

I find it annoying that programmes on Radio 4 Extra are always late starting!

I was also interested in this one, about the same price, but with a silicone strap.

Should I, shouldn't I ???

View attachment 20021
If you like it and you want it and you can afford it, then buy it.
I love watches and nearly always wear one. I’ve bought the Skagen for a every day watch as practical for work.
OH bought me a gorgeous (I chose it, he paid) Bulova for my birthday earlier this year. But that’s not a work watch.

Yes, I can afford it, but my conscience tried to talk me out of it as I definitely don't need it, but my conscience lost.

I am also interested what a silicone strap is like to wear, but I can replace it if necessary with one from an old, non-working watch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back