Time to end it Dreamkeeper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Despite being a HUGE fan of this range in the very early days, I think they should now call it quits or go back to basics and start again.

We are now being offered lengths of sparkly fabric passed off as shawls and wraps at ridiculous prices, which then find their way into clearance a few months later. The Plus Size range is also up the Swanee with their fit - cut much tighter now.

I still possess loose 'vintage 20's style' jackets from their earlier years with plenty of deep dyed fringing and beads, and which still receive compliments. Sadly some of the tacky sequin styles don't hold the same appeal - glittery without the chic factor.

Ditch the rough stuff Keyna and go back to your roots. I would willingly pay the price for style and quality but certainly not for the endless shawls, wraps and kimonos being offered now.

Strangely I would have thought with the big push of the Great Gatsby and all things "20's", Dreamkeeper were ideally placed to produce some of their older designs - a shame they didn't take advantage, they would have been swamped for orders !!!!!

Good post Brissles. :mysmilie_497:
I bought my first Dreamkeeper swing jacket last november, item 106967 and it is glorious and i received loads of compliments on it. Hugely expensive, but well worth it, I just love the back of it as it is so flattering. When they can produce such lovely garments as this, its a shame they let themselves down with some of their other offerings.

I agree. You see almost identical offerings to the current dreamkeeper range on Ebay, made and sent from China and at a fraction of the cost. The quality has gone downhill big time.

I think the kirks folly element has overtaken it. I would never go anywhere to wear them and they are expensive but I can appreciate the nicer classy designs, but even I can see some of them are just primark style scarves.

I think it all went wrong when they went for cheaper man made fabrics and sequins and got rid of the silk burn out designs etc.

I agree with NIKKID, I have lots of Dreamkeeper from the early days and it is lovely quality silk, the drape and fit IMHO is vastly superior to the new, higher priced, synthetic offerings

Latest posts

Back